• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Game! 01

ScrH7So.jpg

A 4koma about a girl starting a new job at a game company.

It's cute.

Bokukoi Conductor 08

Of course she can't cook.

Bokukoi Conductor 09

And poor protag loses in everything (expect eyesight) to girl's dashing love interest.

dani_dc

New Game! 01

Wasn't particularly funny, but I enjoyed the premise, plus the color pages looked great. I'll continue reading.

Clearly I need to get a job in a small company in japan if this series and Eroge no Taiyou are anything to go by.

Quasar

Doing a rewatch of the Moyashimon anime and seeing a lack of the manga completely translated got me wondering how it played out.

Did the anime follow the manga? Where did the manga go beyond the anime S2 end. anyone know?

Chariot

Fairy Tail 408

Urgh, I hate it when good looking characters get ridiculed by morphing into shit designs. I seriously can't take him serious anymore and his behaviour doesn't help at all.

dani_dc

New Game! 2

That fast!

Liked this chapter more so than the last, I can relate with Takimoto, so that helped my enjoyment as well.

And like 8 X 11 Printer Paper said, no signs of fanservice in this one.

Zweizer

Banned
Torikissa!

Quirky and cute comedy.

Kikkake wa Planetarium (One-shot) by Hashimoto Suzu

Beautiful and surreal story about the wonders of the Universe.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kikkake wa Planetarium
I have no word...
Citizenkaneclap.gif

New Game 1-2

The art is nice. The comedy is hit or miss, but i will follow this.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sukima Shiki

Good god, this little series was so cute and fluffy that I don't know what to do with myself now. Just makes you feel happy inside.

Kikkake wa Planetarium

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the way it uses the vertical format and the scrolling effect to create some really beautiful panels. Just shows the wonder of imagination.

Jintor

wow I completely missed that the author of maou maou yuushuu was also the author of log horizon. that's what i get for living outside the database i guess

Antiwhippy

Beageruta 1

Yuuuuuup.

This is definitely made by hiroaki samura.

He's ticking off the boxes pretty fast too. We already have extreme sex, beautiful gore and a dismembered woman giving birth in a stable.

Fairly confusing so far but I'm in for whatever samura is doing.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, the translation isn't the best honestly. Dunno if that's the reason of why it's slightly confusing.

Beageruta 2

Still confusing.

That torture scene though. Man Samura isn't pulling any punches.

Assassination Classroom 106

Karasuma smiled, how nice.

I love how epic he is, its made all 105 previous chapters worth it even more than they already were. Now if Irini switches sides please.

Usobuko

Banned
There is something about hiroaki samura's art that has this seductive element in it and stands out from the rest of his peers. I think its part of his background in ero-guro.

I remember I don't like his transition from one panel to another for action sequence, the pacing sometimes felt awkward. At the same time, every single panel itself looks like a good piece of stand-alone artwork. A bewitching sense of elegance from violence.

Quixzlizx

Akame ga Kill 1-53

I was caught up at this series at around chapter 25, but I got tired of getting cliffhanger'd once a month, so I set the series aside for awhile, but I decided to catch up since it was annoying having to read entire pages of this thread with my eyes half-unfocused. So of course the latest chapter happened to be an ULTRA COMBO cliffhanger.

It seems like certain characters are ultra plot-armored (Tatsumi, Esdese, Akame, Kurome, and maybe Wave depending on whether they want to have an ultra-shounen blood-boiling Tatsumi vs Wave duel) while everyone else is capable of dropping dead at any moment. I see what everyone meant about how there's a new Mein death flag in every chapter, though. I hope her "crazy like a fox" pinch strategy works out qq.

I wonder how many more times they can have Tatsumi meet Esdese and Akame meet Kurome without there being a fight to the death, since it's pretty clear that the rest of the plot is just kind of there to build up to these series-defining duels. It's been made pretty clear that the Revolutionary Army is ultimately just treading water until they can take Esdese out.

I also wonder how Tatsumi is going to get out of there with Incursio, assuming he manages to escape.

Revo

New Game! 1-2

Cute but didn't make me laugh. Felt like I might have laughed at some of them if I was more tired but early morning jokes have to be top key!

Quixzlizx

I see there's a bunch of people whose nostalgic first manga was Naruto. The first manga I ever read was Love Hina. I'm starting to see where the origin stories of ShounenGAF and SmutGAF diverge.

360pages

DBZ was my first anime and Naruto was my first Manga I really started to read, Shonen jump was probably the first exposure I had to Manga as a whole honestly.

There is something about hiroaki samura's art that has this seductive element in it and stands out from the rest of his peers. I think its part of his background in ero-guro.

I remember I don't like his transition from one panel to another for action sequence, the pacing sometimes felt awkward. At the same time, every single panel itself looks like a good piece of stand-alone artwork. A bewitching sense of elegance from violence.

The first 2 or 3 volumes of BotI had a bit confusing action, but after that he levels up and I think he has some of the best panel-to-panel action scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom