• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Touch v4

I feel so bad for Kazuya. Like god damn he's going to be dropped so hard.
Tatsuya finally standing up for himself. Too bad the way he does it is terrible.

Poor Kazuya ;_;

Zweizer

Banned
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch19

Crane machines are so lewd.

Also, this is probably the best version of Street Fighter ever devised. Get on it, Capcom!

The HQ x Naruto!
B1_58B4CUAA38nJ.jpg:large

Revo

Touch v5

Seeing Kazuya being absolutely boned over is so sad. And he's just stuck trying his heart out to accomplish Minami's dream. She's so evil. At this point it makes me want to go read Cross Game to see it go well for the talented guy.

Akito

Touch v5

Seeing Kazuya being absolutely boned over is so sad. And he's just stuck trying his heart out to accomplish Minami's dream. She's so evil. At this point it makes me want to go read Cross Game to see it go well for the talented guy.
But Tasuya is the talented guy :D

Usobuko

Banned
A new chapter ( raw ) to Alice in Borderland.

It's very hard to pull an acceptable outcome for this arc. I hope the author succeed, if the psychological and rational reasoning fall flat on its face then it's a huge blemish to everything thus far. The most interestingly crafted game yet for that particular poker suit.

Zweizer

Banned
Sukima Shiki by Sahara Mizu

A nice collection of stories that all felt pleasant to read, probably due to their musical inspiration. Really liked 1+1 in particular.

Kare no Satsujin Keikaku by Kitoh Mohiro

Interesting story about the desire to kill people simply to satisfy one's curiosity. The casual tone at how he puts his plan in motion makes it rather absurd overall.

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru by Morihashi Bingo

Pretty straightfoward in most areas, but props for keeping it somewhat related to the theme of the reading club itself.

At Least, Like That Snow... by BlueBrand & Fujimaru

Heartfelt and moving. A beautiful and bittersweet tale about how ephemereal yet persistent relationships can be.

Shuumatsu no Laughter by Tanabe Yellow

Art is good but overall it's fairly bland and too preachy for it to be enjoyable.

Guess who selected them?:
Sukima Shiki:
Akito
Kare no Satsujin Keikaku:
Usobuko
Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru:
ThatChairman
At Least, Like That Snow...:
A Huge Battleship
Shuumatsu no Laughter:
No idea. Antiwhippy?

Usobuko

Banned
^ Not me though

Alice in Borderland chapter 46 ( RAW )

Good development thus far, the anticipated and inevitable clash of so many colourful personnel in one huge mind games slugfest.
Speaks volume to have this kind of absurd confidence in oneself to emerge victorious, being the sole winner/survivor of this game.

upandaway

Silver Spoon

The coolest hachiken. Also flat out admitting the ulterior motives in front of her, just hook up already! please I need this.

Zweizer

Banned
Out of the Blue! 2: Fleeing From My Best Friend by Kumichou

Sequel to that one-shot. The shift in perspective is nice, and their relationship is far less ambiguous this time. Kazumi is just adorable.

Akito

Guess who selected them?:
Sukima Shiki:
Akito
Kare no Satsujin Keikaku:
Usobuko
Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru:
ThatChairman
At Least, Like That Snow...:
A Huge Battleship
Shuumatsu no Laughter:
No idea. Antiwhippy?
Too easy this week.

Ore Monogatari!! 1-2.1

Anime announcement got me interested :p

The characters are really likeable. The misunderstanding got cleared up quickly thanks to Suna (what a bro he is -_-7)

Ore Monogatari!! 2.2

Is this why hand-holding is considered lewd??

Himouto! Umaru-chan! 79-80

Didn't expect Captain Tsubasa reference in this o_O

Zweizer

Banned
This week is shaping up to be the reverse of the previous session.

Hint - There's a reason Usobuko linked to my post instead of his original one. Also I enjoyed At Least, Like That Snow... when I read it before, but it didn't quite make the cutoff for the stuff I suggested.

Usobuko made the edit linking to your post right when I posted my answer (it originally linked to this post), so I didn't see the hint.

( T︵T)

Guessing is suffering.

Clearly I should stalk y'all so that I can get a better grasp of everyone's tastes.

Mahou Ineko to Ibarahime (oneshot)
And then their friendship got really awkward.

One-shot about a cursed girls' academy and its feline witch doctor. If the cat'd been replaced with someone more likable, it could've easily formed the beginning of a short but enjoyable episodic series about the pupils' various supernatural problems. Still pretty fun by itself though.

I'm very impressed by release of Gundam The Origin. Kodansha's Vinland Saga releases are also really great. I would like to see Viz enter the hardcover game. They are inching towards deluxe releases like Monster, JoJo and Master Keaton.

JC Staff Nooooooo

We have a 50 percent chance of it being in the pile of good JC Staff budget or bad ones.

This is why I never try to be really hyped for a anime adaption, especially when you find out the studio isn't the greatest. I feel that the Soma adaption is just gonna be an advertisement to boost the manga, oh well.

Better late than never huh?

Well here begins my second Adachi manga, As I started Cross Game last week (and should have it done by tomorrow) I'm not going to compare the two aside from the fact that I like the Cross Game art better (I realize there's a big time gap) and the characters are more memorable. So far, aside from Tatsuya, Kazuya, Minami, and Shohei I don't remember the other characters much.

These first volumes were all about setting up the characters; The brothers and their relationship to Minami, and how Tatsuya mainly wants what's best for his brother, often to a fault. I think my main issue here is that Minami and Kazuya feel somewhat shallow to me. It's obvious that this is Tatsuya's story, and combined with
the multiple death flags for Kazuya I wouldn't be surprised if either Kazuya or Minami die and fulfill the role of Wakaba for this story

Other than that it is similar to Cross Game in some ways, specifically in the minimal dialogue "show don't tell" way. Adachi is very adept at using characters expressions to tell the story, even when there's two or more pages without dialogue. The baseball games are even drawn similarly, but I do feel that the backgrounds are weaker. Still, I look forward to sticking with the story.

Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan 01

The story of a delinquent looking siscon as he tries to gain the affections of the girl who isn't scared of him.

Also twist, imouto is a monster that drinks people's blood

Pretty amusing, seems to be another pick on the poor protagonist series but I like the twist. First chapter set them up pretty well so looking forward to seeing how this series goes.

dani_dc

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 146

First he tells her he got horny at his aunt, now he's going to tall about loving his cousin. What a great impression he's giving.

360pages

Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan 01

The story of a delinquent looking siscon as he tries to gain the affections of the girl who isn't scared of him.

Also twist, imouto is a monster that drinks people's blood

Pretty amusing, seems to be another pick on the poor protagonist series but I like the twist. First chapter set them up pretty well so looking forward to seeing how this series goes.

I really don't know why, but the art really reminds me of Dangan Ronpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom