• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
started reading Bakuman

how does the anime stack up to the manga?

I thought it was a pretty faithful and great adaption. They only cut out one arc/volume in the third season :( but it was understandable due to time and it being kind of a repeat of a previous arc.

The anime does the in universe manga/anime great, like OLDCODEX provided one of their best songs for one of the best Bakuman series (dont look it up unless you want spoilers), while the voices and animation for one of the other in universe series makes it one I wish were real. Song wise just about every theme the anime did for these series was perfect.

Definitely look into it.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka

Seo actually did it.... He actually did it[/I. He's alienated all of his readers yet again for a cop out. This story has taken a complete 180 that should have happened in the first few chapters, not this late in the game.

Eh, I dunno. If it happened in the first few chapters, it wouldn't have mattered and you wouldn't have cared for Fuuka. We would've all just assumed she was some tsundere character with little personality.

It's the same reasoning for why the first Phoenix Wright game was the way it was. The victim is case 2 was originally the first case until he was talked out of it. Same goes for the impact when you compare some of Mitsuru Adachi's works (sorta, but even then he does it really really well lol).

I thought it was a pretty faithful and great adaption. They only cut out one arc/volume in the third season :( but it was understandable due to time and it being kind of a repeat of a previous arc.

The anime does the in universe manga/anime great, like OLDCODEX provided one of their best songs for one of the best Bakuman series (dont look it up unless you want spoilers), while the voices and animation for one of the other in universe series makes it one I wish were real. Song wise just about every theme the anime did for these series was perfect.

Definitely look into it.

worth it to watch the anime instead of reading it?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

u7pZFR0.gif

my pain is being taken lightly ;_;

no manga ive read as of yet has caught my interest. the majority of manga seems boring now since all of them are predictable and boring. anime is the only thing for me right now that allows me to find interesting manga.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

no manga ive read as of yet has caught my interest. the majority of manga seems boring now since all of them are predictable and boring. anime is the only thing for me right now that allows me to find interesting manga.

It's Seo, you have to expect someone thing to piss you off to no end when you pick it up. That's just how it works.

kasane

ask me how i felt when i heard combofiend say that yun has a hard time getting in thats what i felt with fuuka

Kappa

Well tbh i like what seo did just for the shits

Soshite, Hare ni Naru 05

I find it fairly interesting we're diving into the whole past we were introduced to in this story. So much emotion.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's Seo, you have to expect someone thing to piss you off to no end when you pick it up. That's just how it works.

no matter how many times i experienced kimi no iru rage, i never got used to seo BSing his fanbase. he should just draw H so he can stay far away from a constructive story
and even then he might go and eff that up

ask me how i felt when i heard combofiend say that yun has a hard time getting in thats what i felt with fuuka

Kappa

Well tbh i like what seo did just for the shits

combofiend is lying and telling us what capcom relays to him, poor soul is being used as a puppet in my opinion until i actually see some substance from capcom. also, im actually part of the group that liked suzuka, even the ending, although it was pretty stupid that he amounted to nothing in the end. however, i remember an extras where the protag actually tries out for the olympics again in fuuka and wins or im just going crazy with my fantasies.

kasane

no matter how many times i experienced kimi no iru rage, i never got used to seo BSing his fanbase. he should just draw H so he can stay far away from a constructive story
and even then he might go and eff that up

combofiend is lying and telling us what capcom relays to him, poor soul is being used as a puppet in my opinion until i actually see some substance from capcom. also, im actually part of the group that liked suzuka, even the ending, although it was pretty stupid that he amounted to nothing in the end. however, i remember an extras where the protag actually tries out for the olympics again in fuuka and wins or im just going crazy with my fantasies.
well i actually genuinely liked suzuka too

i mean im neutral at seos works. I enjoy them then just kinda put them in the back of my mind

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
well i actually genuinely liked suzuka too

i mean im neutral at seos works. I enjoy them then just kinda put them in the back of my mind

but he makes the best waifus!
best looking that is, he knows how to do proportions like a boss, just like the other guy in Soma

So I was in the comic panels thread and after trying to read some of them, I exclaimed "This story didn't make any fucking sense".

Then I realized I've been reading it from right to left.

Help me, ManGAF.

Its a curse we live with.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, if you want good proportions in waifus you might as well go straight to hentai artists. They do the best proportions for a reason.

Much like tosh.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 61

The best of Ishida.

The worst of Ishida.

They'd better fuck next chapter or I riot.

Also wanted to say that while these ending chapters aren't bad, I haven't really been a big fan since Ishida fell. The earlier stuff was another level but this feels plain in comparison. Like a whole pile of crazy shit is getting wrapped up a little too easily.
Agreed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well y'know what, they kinda, I mean, naked people. Makes sense.

I did say that they do the best proportions for a reason. :p

We just lucky that Tosh is one of the artist with sensible proportion.

I mean, let's be real here, there's nothing sensible about his proportions if you're talking about real life. Nikumi's boobs are about as big as her head. So is erina actually.

kasane

I did say that they do the best proportions for a reason. :p

I mean, let's be real here, there's nothing sensible about his proportions if you're talking about real life. Nikumi's boobs are about as big as her head. So is erina actually.

as long as it looks good and somewhat reasonable :p

Shengar

It's sensible in hentai artist artist context, which there is far worse than him (relatively speaking though, hentai artist most of the time better at drawing curves and proportion than non-ero mangaka).
Those big boobs is quite a problem in anime/manga subculture >__>

dani_dc

If you're angry at Seo work then he did his job correctly.

Boku Girl 30

Sister is on the OTP wagon as well. She was pretty disappointed her brother didn't jump on Mizuki already. Good for you lil'sis!

I can't be the only one that thinks Mizuki in a school girl outfit just didn't work right?

Nordicus

Koe no Katachi

*smh* Ishida, Ishida. So if I'm understanding right, the next chapter is two years later?

Quite a long time to leave her hanging.
There's a slight chance that in next chapter the author has already skipped the scene where Nishimiya and Ishida became a couple. I can imagine Ishida just casually throwing a "sorry, my wife's waving at me" right at the end

Tacitus_

Super Interesting Darkness

Next chapter in January? Boo.
I also somehow expected even larger boobs for the mom. Even bigger than the school nurse/doctor.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Touch vol. 1
Very late to the party, but i finally jump in!
Adachi been doing the same kind of joke for more than 10 years, but i can't get mad at him for some reason. This is great introduction for all the major character. We know their relationship. At this point, Adachi art is still a bit rough and leaning more to a shojo kind of style than shonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom