• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker:
Every time I read this, I feel uncomfortably warm.
A cute little read with lots of personality. It brings more character development, through comedy, to the NPCs in the game. The art is really crisp and captures the style of the games perfectly, which is perfect.
The writer's take on Link is great and works well as an extended view of the personal side of the character we control through the massive journey. Great stuff all around.
Also the ending was cute and mentioned one really interesting part of these games. Hmm...

Uncivilized Planet:
Ugh. That was definitely not for me.
The art was alright, although a bit messy at times. Definitely an... interesting setting and perspective, if anything. The style and theme were there, but it didn't work well.
How the story went back and forth between
the "spacemen" and the main character's story in real life
was poorly executed.
I did not enjoy it and would not recommend it to anyone, really. Felt like a waste of time.

Transient Flower:
Hmm... I could have sworn I was reading a manga similar like this, except with the roles reversed. (Guy gets super sexy to break a girl's heart because she bullied him.)
Alright, then. The art was nothing special and the main character, while understandable, comes off as an annoyance.
It wasn't about getting back at assholes. She just sucked and was annoying to read about.
Wasn't my cup of tea, I guess.

Nemureru mori no bina:
Well, that was something. I liked it!
The art was pretty basic and the core concept was nothing new, but the characters were really great and their relationship was interesting to see.
Sadly, the end felt rushed, uneventful, and inefficient. There was no closure and the characters seemed to not care as it happened.
It was interesting and a neat story with a disappointing ending, Still, I liked it.

Busaiku

Oh Mikorin.
yaA0rCG.png

Verder

tokyo ghoul :re. Chapter 6

I'm starting the think the quinx squad is all kaneki with an implant in them but Haise has the highest amount of kaneki within him and it can take over. if true... RIP kaneki

dani_dc

Hi-Score Girl 19

I knew there was something off when Oono lost, the girl is just a power house.
At least she won the fight that matters. Hidaka really should just give up before suffering more.

It took three volumes, but UQ Holder finally popped. Woah woah wow. Great action and world building finally. Seems Ken has finally gotten out of his dark place.

Zweizer

Banned

Looks good. If the anime tanks we can at least pretend we got a nice PV.

So it's confirmed. Which studios don't have anything scheduled during that season?

2015 is going to be a great year

MangaGAF got the adaptations we wanted. Prison School (I guess), Soma, Koe no Katachi.

What's left?

Stuff from Dowman Sayman and Horihone Saizou.

Jintor

Nozaki-kun 57

You know, sometimes, I really do think this is one of my favourite manga of all time. @_@

I laughed at every single one of the jokes in this chapter and they just kept getting better and better

Stinky

Black Jack Vol 2.

The best way I can describe Black Jack to someone who hasn't read it is that he's like a Japanese version of Batman, who fights issues with his medical expertise. However unlike Batman he does everything for money, playing more of an anti-hero role that's more down to earth and relateable.

This is so accurate

Usobuko

Banned
Uncivilized Planet:
Ugh. That was definitely not for me.
The art was alright, although a bit messy at times. Definitely an... interesting setting and perspective, if anything. The style and theme were there, but it didn't work well.
How the story went back and forth between
the "spacemen" and the main character's story in real life
was poorly executed.
I did not enjoy it and would not recommend it to anyone, really. Felt like a waste of time.

Jiro Matsumoto is usually hit or miss for me. This manga in particular is probably my favourite from him.

See, I thought MC's escapism tendencies were well done along with the characterizations of the two female lead who both play a part in this intriguing love triangle. I see the two girls more as people who are unfortunately bounded by their circumstances and often resort to desperation acts. While both of them began seemingly on the opposite spectrum, slowly and eventually they walk across over to the other side. This was less attributed to the growth of their characters and more towards offering another perspective to the readers. In contrast, the male lead is an absolute doormat and meek in nature but he's pure and uncontaminated which drew both girls to him. He wanted to live his life in a certain manner but was deprived of doing so. He was also treated like shit by everyone.

So whenever he can't handle it, he escaped. He keep escaping to this dramatically stylised play in his head that instead of serving as a comical relief, it only makes everything that happened in his real world more gloom and bitter for the readers. To be honest, I think I would probably feel the same as you for some of his other works like his short stories compilation. They are more randomized, for the lack of a better word. This one though is good to me. It's crude, filthy and vile. But it's also humane at the same time.

LeleSocho

Banned
Koe no Katachi - 62 RAW

WAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Not even a kiss? I mean come on... i feel robbed of my time now
Boo this manga
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fairy Tail Zero 5
I'm still 50/50 Zeira aint real. Oh, nearly forgot FT has ecchi as a tag and that has gotta be the weirdest 'real' image of an anime/manga character I've ever seen in my life.

Fairy Tail 409
Nothing to see here, more stalling till Face activates.

Nozaki-kun 57
She looks much better with her hair done.

Usobuko

Banned
MangaGAF got the adaptations we wanted. Prison School (I guess), Soma, Koe no Katachi.

What's left?

I want another season of Moribito, Erin and Junni Kokuki. RIP for those who don't understand moonspeak.

Realistically speaking, I kinda want Hinamatsuri.

Busaiku

Well, we know why Yotsuba&! isn't animated.
Because Mr. Azuma said he doesn't want it animated.

Now why Horimiya isn't animated is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom