• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Still catching on with Week 2:

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru

I enjoyed this mostly for the characters, especially Shinonome.
The general plot was a bit too generic for my tastes (pretend dating, who does that?), but there were a few nice subplot such as main character sense of inferiority regarding his brother, and the whole book writing side, while small, felt really nice.
I enjoyed it a lot. Though apparently this is an adaptation of a Light novel, so now I'm left wondering what the heck happens next.

At Least, Like That Snow...

Another love story here. Two main characters get together after the guy finds that Shiroyama is prostituting herself for money. We later find out that this is due to having to pay for her mother expenses and that she's often abused. It's a neat little love story.

3 down, 2 to go.... and then 5 for this week.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But Suzuki is Kashima, and Kashima already has Hori!

Vito

Banned
Original art by Koutarou Sugi, noticed him when he did a couple of cool Kill la Kill fanart pieces, then he got to work on a Gargantia manga, so I guess he's a manga artist! :p

tumblr_nf6zjwUPZ11tr9om2o1_1280.png

dramatis

One person links yaraon, cue idiot linking ANN a day later after they run the same news with a watermarked photo after being tipped off by matome sites.

Anyways I need to go prostrate myself before people who can get me a scan of this:
Awesome poster, but Tsubaki and Saitama ain't S-Class, what are they doing there?!

HiFi Cluster is in the back of Jump again. Why wouldn't yhese editors just keep Yokaemono around for a bit? These works suck.
Yokaemono kind of did terribly too. Hifi cluster and the others will get cancelled quickly as well. Jump just has a policy of not keeping around stuff that doesn't seem to have hit potential

dramatis

Kashima harem.

We all know Saitama is secretly S-class.
Who is Tsubaki?
I have no idea why I thought her name was Tsubaki lol.

Apparently in English translation the black haired lady in the bottom left is Miss Blizzard (Fubuki). She's technically leading the B classes in a mafia-like group, so she's not S-class by classification.

I think she's probably on a power level at least an A class? She's probably smarter than her sister too, because her sister relies too much on brute force.

Zweizer

Banned
I have no idea why I thought her name was Tsubaki lol.

Apparently in English translation the black haired lady in the bottom left is Miss Blizzard (Fubuki). She's technically leading the B classes in a mafia-like group, so she's not S-class by classification.

I think she's probably on a power level at least an A class? She's probably smarter than her sister too, because her sister relies too much on brute force.

Yeah she's appeared a few times in the Murata version. I'm guessing her presence here is probably due to her popularity (she's the main non-yaoi pairing choice with Saitama for some reason) on top of her relationship with her sister.

The Table Tennis of Ageha 1
Pretty hilarious Ageha is. The pervy parts of the plot kind of hold it back, especially the fiance moment but I doubt it will get all into it like Twin Star Exorcists.

I think theres room for it even with all the other sports.

Also joshin in 2014.
B2ql8zSCcAAb-KE.png:large

Lain

Augh, I accidentally ended up ordering Gangsta volume 4 twice, and it already shipped...

I just got done reading volume 4 and I really liked it. Maybe not liked it as much as I'd pay for it twice, but it was pretty good. I keep feeling good and bad for Alex.

Food Wars 95
tumblr_nf76z1jvsv1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Pretty emotional scene with him contemplating about what he was so close to doing then but just couldnt all for the sake of being loyal to Taku. Poor Kurokiba.

The Prince Of Smoke ought to be able to help Soma develop some actually unthinkable dish.

Hayama seems like he will lose anyway from being the most over confident,

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The Dragon's Seven Adorable Children 1-4
This is amazing. From the same author terrarium in drawer, another short story collection focusing on mythological creature like dragon, werewolf, mermaid, or gods. The story have that down to earth feeling and felt very personal.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma

Hayama is such a terrible character. The entirety of his character is Arrogant Fanservice Guy, the latter being why some of you seem to like him. Not to mention he's apparently genre blind as all fuck. There's no better way to guarantee a loss in embarrassing fashion that saying shit like you're planning to ignore the main character since you're just so much better than him. Not to mention he's just dumb as a post for believing this despite the fact that Soma got a 93 in the prelimes, beat Alice in a one-on-one contest and reached the finals as a solo participant in the first place. Ditto with Kurokiba.

I didn't think Soma was going to win, but it looks like he's in it to win with his opponents' arrogant-guy boasts setting up death flags.

I don't think this "Soma sucks at ingredients" thing is a very good plotline either since he hasn't been shitty at picking ingriedents over the last 94 chapters, even when Nikumi was using flat-out better quality shit within her specialty.

Draxal

Yeah she's appeared a few times in the Murata version. I'm guessing her presence here is probably due to her popularity (she's the main non-yaoi pairing choice with Saitama for some reason) on top of her relationship with her sister.

Have you read the ONE version at all?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Wars 95
tumblr_nf76z1jvsv1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Pretty emotional scene with him contemplating about what he was so close to doing then but just couldnt all for the sake of being loyal to Taku. Poor Kurokiba.

The Prince Of Smoke ought to be able to help Soma develop some actually unthinkable dish.

Hayama seems like he will lose anyway from being the most over confident,

Soma isn't gay for Takumi and he wasn't contemplating "doing" anything with Kurokiba.

Viz's Shonen Jump to Add E-Robot, Gakkyu Hotei Manga

Viz's digital anthology Weekly Shonen Jump announced on Monday that it will run the first three chapters of Ryohei Yamamoto's E-ROBOT and Nobuaki Enoki and Takeshi Obata's Gakkyu Hotei manga. E-ROBOT will premiere in the anthology's next issue on November 24 and Gakkyu Hotei will premiere in the November 31 issue.

E-ROBOT, Yamamoto's first full series, will debut in the Japanese edition of Weekly Shonen Jump on November 22. The story is expanded from a one-shot Yamamoto published in January, and follows a sexy and powerful robot girl.

Gakkyu Hotei (School Investigation Court) will relaunch in Japan on December 1. Enoki originally ran the first version of this "shocking court mystery" under the same title in the Jump Live smartphone manga service last year. The story follows court trials that deal with offenders at an elementary school.

The manga are the latest in the "Jump Start" initiative, in which Viz run the first three chapters of almost every new Shonen Jump series. Viz will then let readers cast a vote for which "Jump Start" series Viz would add to the magazine's lineup. Viz ran Ippei Goto's science-fiction crime manga series Hi-Fi Cluster as part of "Jump Start" in September, and it then added the series to its regular lineup last month.

The first chapter of Itsuki Furuya's "high tension ping pong manga" Takujō no Ageha: The Table Tennis of Ageha ran this week.

So can't wait to see which one gets voted to be added into the regular lineup and get cancelled shortly after!

Akito

Touch v11
Tatsuya the master of overthinking.

The match against Seinan was really excellent, Tatsuya did a great job managing the first great challenge he had to face, too bad it's too early for him to win.

dramatis

Viz's Shonen Jump to Add E-Robot, Gakkyu Hotei Manga

So can't wait to see which one gets voted to be added into the regular lineup and get cancelled shortly after!
They're actually bringing E-Robot over to the American Jump? Or is it talking about JP Jump?

That said, it's kind of dull not to have a new fantasy world-series for a while. It's always "school setting in contemporary Japan" nowadays. Would be more interested in Gakkyu Hotei if it weren't yet another school setting.

They're actually bringing E-Robot over to the American Jump? Or is it talking about JP Jump?

That said, it's kind of dull not to have a new fantasy world-series for a while. It's always "school setting in contemporary Japan" nowadays. Would be more interested in Gakkyu Hotei if it weren't yet another school setting.

It's part of International Jump's new series promotion. They run the first three chapters of every new one and let the readers decide which one they liked the most to get cancelled to run weekly.

American, theres an ad in our jump for it, editors were pretty excited for it in the viz podcast.

PK Gaming

Yurika's Campus 14-15

This manga is goddamn hilarious. It had a rocky start, but it's developed into this pseudo shonen where instead of having fights, the protagonist just seduces various girls.

Yurika doesn't consider herself to be gay, but she (without fail) manages consistently seduce and sleep with various women.

Whoopsie Oopsie.

It's so trashy and stupid, but I can't help love this manga.

Zweizer

Banned
Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane ch34

Are there anything children hate more than dentists?

My Hero Academia ch9

Why the fucking grenades though. So lame.

Draxal

Nope. I'm guessing some events happened that justify her spot? Please don't spoil me.

Just read the ONE version, I enjoy it even more than Murata's. It's just a more enjoyable read for me as Murata's version can be pretty slow with all his visual theatrics.

Akito

Tomoi
Well this was way less (unintentionally) funny than I would have thought, the story actually got quite heavy after Tomoi went to Pakistan and I'd even say that it was the best part in the entire story, prequel included. The prior events which led to that development though were indeed over-dramatic and sudden they almost became a parody of themselves. If you're unsatisfied with the way Nemureru Mori no Binan ended then this might be worth a read, just be aware of the constant and glaring mood changes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom