• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Billy Bat 126-127

So Billy can only talk to Jackie but somehow the other kid is drawing about Bin Laden accurately. Wonder what that is all about.

Also further confirmation that the other Kevin is somehow still alive.

Not you too man. haha

Sometimes you just feel the need to say something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not you too man. haha

Every once in a while I need to type that out to keep myself sane. I typically restrict it to calling him out when he takes his yaoi trolling further, in this case, by adding in Kurokiba as also being gay and mutually hot for Soma.

Akito

Bh33s9J.jpg

I'm pretty late but let's rejoice, Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko resumed serialziation, more blood-diving weirdness.
http://natalie.mu/comic/news/131026

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I gotta say.

Seeing people call Ryou by his last name instead of "Evil/Dark Soma" is a vast improvement.

He's not even good enough to qualify. Author sucks at making male characters, let's be honest. They're just too generically antagonistic.

Jarmel

Banned
My Hero Academy-8/9

So fucking good. Didn't expect a showdown so soon. One thing I like about the manga is that it has a really good pacing to it so far.

Another thing is that the whole work feels western and I don't just mean the art. The hero is Peter Parker. Hell, Kacchan could be viewed as Harry Osborn. The scenario in these two chapters are right out of something in a comic book. The whole thing is just a lot of fun. Deko isn't being anywhere near as much of a drag as I thought he would be. Hell the themes themselves are a sort of look at the American dream and principles, even if it's a bit simplistic.

Really looking forward to that anime adaptation already.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Food Wars 95
tumblr_nf76z1jvsv1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Pretty emotional scene with him contemplating about what he was so close to doing then but just couldnt all for the sake of being loyal to Taku. Poor Kurokiba.

The Prince Of Smoke ought to be able to help Soma develop some actually unthinkable dish.

Hayama seems like he will lose anyway from being the most over confident,

Sometimes your posts can be pretty fucking stupid, huh?

Lain

Maken-ki volume 8
nWhb.jpg

Maken-ki has the luscious body art, all out fanservice and an overall battle story that I find engaging (Takeru is still mostly shit as a character though), but then Takeda ruins it with the abysmally slow pacing and useless digressions. The worthless chapters wasted completely on fanservice that don't advance the story at all nor establish characterization feels like a complete waste of time when there are other things to show more important to the story that could still be (and are) filled with fanservice.

Soma

tokyo ghoul is just kinda alright

it's not bad despite being edgy as hell but it's got some pretty sweet artwork to make up for it

tbh the constant tokyo ghoul stannin turns me off of reading the series

Sorry man it's because I really like the series and it's one of the very few manga series where the attention to detail is deep and engrossing.

But for everyone's sake I'll keep a low down and try not to talk too much about it.

I'll start reading some more Zetman and 7 deadly sins.

Scum

"While pretending to be a lesbian, I'll go after her through physical intimacy!"

Sure. Why not? What could possibly go wrong...? ¬_¬

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi

Raku is stupid and oblivious by harem protagonist standards. Think about this.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, I think it's fine to be passionate about what you love.

Also this might interest some people here. Crunchyroll recently got Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou.

Kieli

Soma

Hayama is such a terrible character. The entirety of his character is Arrogant Fanservice Guy, the latter being why some of you seem to like him. Not to mention he's apparently genre blind as all fuck. There's no better way to guarantee a loss in embarrassing fashion that saying shit like you're planning to ignore the main character since you're just so much better than him. Not to mention he's just dumb as a post for believing this despite the fact that Soma got a 93 in the prelimes, beat Alice in a one-on-one contest and reached the finals as a solo participant in the first place. Ditto with Kurokiba.

I didn't think Soma was going to win, but it looks like he's in it to win with his opponents' arrogant-guy boasts setting up death flags.

I don't think this "Soma sucks at ingredients" thing is a very good plotline either since he hasn't been shitty at picking ingriedents over the last 94 chapters, even when Nikumi was using flat-out better quality shit within her specialty.

Hayama is the main character in his own story, so you can't blame him for ignoring Soma.

kasane

Soma

Hayama is such a terrible character. The entirety of his character is Arrogant Fanservice Guy, the latter being why some of you seem to like him. Not to mention he's apparently genre blind as all fuck. There's no better way to guarantee a loss in embarrassing fashion that saying shit like you're planning to ignore the main character since you're just so much better than him. Not to mention he's just dumb as a post for believing this despite the fact that Soma got a 93 in the prelimes, beat Alice in a one-on-one contest and reached the finals as a solo participant in the first place. Ditto with Kurokiba.

I didn't think Soma was going to win, but it looks like he's in it to win with his opponents' arrogant-guy boasts setting up death flags.

I don't think this "Soma sucks at ingredients" thing is a very good plotline either since he hasn't been shitty at picking ingriedents over the last 94 chapters, even when Nikumi was using flat-out better quality shit within her specialty.
bruh we're in this together

fuck that guy

soma is like the dude that transcends ingredients and some shit

Antiwhippy

Eh, I think soma not being great at picking out ingredients is a good angle to approach. Soma's strength in being able to make the best out of what he has. Hayama and kurokiba are shown to be experts in their respective fields (seafood/spices/scents)

Bad drama version though

What if I was referring to kurita when I said some people. :p

Busaiku

Seriously, I hate how they nerfed Soma so the others could be competitive.
It's not the first time either, but it's still annoying.

kadotsu

Banned
Soma needs to lose this one if the author wants to create any drama. I'm sure he will because no stakes for Soma have been established so far. He is probably going to be cheated out of a win, though, in shonen fashion. Maybe someone will use miracle fruit or some other shit that will destroy Soma's dish at the tasting. Then he could also give Erina a moment of "oh no he didn't" after the contest when she tastes the dish.

Antiwhippy

Dude, soma ain't being nerfed so others have a chance. They have no chance now that he activated the "underdog" trap card.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Underdog trap card is like autowin.

Blizzard plz nerf. Uninteractive dota skill.

Antiwhippy

Underdog is the most powerful carry of the game.

Though for serious though, I wonder if glasses gangster will interfere or if stalker-kun is his only move.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Though for serious though, I wonder if glasses gangster will interfere or if stalker-kun is his only play in the game.

That subplot was dropped so quickly.

Unless it turns out that glasses-kun was actually interested in curry/darksoma.

Busaiku

That's what I mean.
Soma's too Gary Stu. They can't keep trying to downplay his stuff when the series has, from the get go, built him up to be top class.
They try to make him appear to be an underdog, but it just doesn't work like that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The Penisman
This is amazing. In a different kind of way. Like yeah, the hero is a muscular dude with a dick head (literally).
I just can't.

Hi Score girl 19

Just kiss already! And Oono win without using punch button!? She's too OP

Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane 34

As an adult, i sometime still afraid of going to a dentist...they're expensive! Thank God for health insurance. Recently got my cavity fixed. I don't know what the doctor did, but she basically pull something from the center of my gum...hurt like a bitch.

Legend of Zelda 4 koma by Oyster

I haven't play the game,all joke about the game mechanic fly over my head.
The artwork is pleasant though, and i get some of the joke. One of these days, i need to buy 3DS and play this.

Angry Grimace

Soma needs to lose this one if the author wants to create any drama. I'm sure he will because no stakes for Soma have been established so far. He is probably going to be cheated out of a win, though, in shonen fashion. Maybe someone will use miracle fruit or some other shit that will destroy Soma's dish at the tasting. Then he could also give Erina a moment of "oh no he didn't" after the contest when she tastes the dish.

You can't make these guys win, they're bland clones of each other. If Alice was in the finals, I could buy that she'd win because she's semi-arrogant but she's pretty affably evil rather than just a jerkass.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Nisekoi ch1
MC is not the worse but I don't feel like I should add this to my current reading list.
I'll probably just end up bing reading it when Im bored or something.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Soma pretty much need to increase his skill in choosing ingredient to win agains curry and evil. Their cooking skill are pretty much equal at this moment.

Animal Kingdom vol. 7-8
Wow, the tragic stuff that happen...
feel sad :(

rrvv

In all honesty. Who here watch soma for story? Story wise. It standard cooking Shonen manga. So far I didn't find anything special about it.

Soma pretty much need to increase his skill in choosing ingredient to win agains curry and evil. Their cooking skill are pretty much equal at this moment.

Animal Kingdom vol. 7-8
Wow, the tragic stuff that happen...
feel sad :(
Nah, soma probably use surprisingly new ingredients instead fighting with superior ingredients

wonzo

Banned
Sorry man it's because I really like the series and it's one of the very few manga series where the attention to detail is deep and engrossing.

But for everyone's sake I'll keep a low down and try not to talk too much about it.

I'll start reading some more Zetman and 7 deadly sins.
Don't sweat it, it's fine to feel passionate about something it's just best not to overdo it!

btw it sounds like you'd love 7 Seeds so you should check that out asap

Eh, I think it's fine to be passionate about what you love.

Also this might interest some people here. Crunchyroll recently got Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou.

FUCKKK YY…

Bad drama version though

OU motherFUCKER

mods pls ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom