• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already said that I didn't liked the second part of Koe no Katachi as much as the first part, it didn't feel natural but instead it went with the melodrama route, and now add the weak ending and meh, now I'm not hyped about the anime.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If Mine does not survive the next chapter or any of the chapter afterwards in Akame Ga Kill, I will be seriously pissed.

I have a feeling that she will be killed and Takumi will get her Pumpkin as an upgrade in some capacity or some such, I don't know, is it possible according to the lore for such thing to happen?

I am seriously kind of worried for Mine, hahaha. Her daring rescue attempt is really cool/touching in my book, I am weak against that kind of stuff.

dani_dc

For Akito-kun and maybe wonzon-san...
tumblr_nf9zqylRfC1sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg

With Tokyo taken over, NY is next.

I think that's violent OP girl. Has she lost her clothes since that fight in the shower? It's all so memorable.

Then are you forgetting time traveling loli? The series has 5 main characrers at this point. MC, no gender best friend who can choose its gender at some point to officially join the harem, older girl who gets nude every battle, time travel loli, and robot guy. Probably ghost boy santa will join at the end of this arc.

Zweizer

Banned
I'll forgive you :)

Anyways about Kaneki's power it wasn't a jump because he had all the potential from the very beginning. He was given Rize's organs who in fact was a powerful ghoul. Her Rinkaku kagune is really strong and lethal. Though the reason why it may seem as if Kaneki was weak in the beginning was because at that time he didn't want to let go of his humanity. He didn't provide his body with enough nutrients (human meat) and kept on eating those coffee snacks which is why his body wasn't as strong. Though during the torture his mentality had changed, he accepted his Ghoul side even if it meant losing some of his humanity. When Kaneki took a bite off of Yamori he gained a boost in RC levels and it's been told that if a Ghoul eat's other ghouls they get stronger. So what I'm saying is that with his new mentality, Rize's Kagune, his training, and abnormal regeneration which was told through Yamori, his strength wasn't a asspull. Ending with Kaneki destroying Yamori.

Nah, I get that Kaneki not accepting his nature made him weaker. What surprised me was that Rize's abilities were that powerful, even if that bit of cannibalism increased his power. Considering how much hype Yamori had, him getting stomped like that was rather surprising.

Yandere Kanojo 66

Best Yandere Kanojo anyone can ask for.

I'd rather have a Yandere Kanojo, but I agree otherwise.

It looks more like Ueno wearing a decorative ring from Sahara who is a fellow designer and friend than both of them into yuri. Two things though. There were still lingering jealousy on her part where she told Nishimiya to stop 'flirting' in this chapter. And I see Ueno's statement to Ishida as something cheeky to say to her crush. The description of the one who proposed kinda fits how she see herself and her high standard. Would be better if someone who can read Japanese clear the air because in the chinese language, Ueno said the one who proposed is also a male club president.

Raw version.
I can't moonrunes (yet).

For Akito-kun and maybe wonzon-san...

Masao Ohtake is so good.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Keyman 30-31
I did not see that twist coming. Aaron is a fucking badass, and Alex is so goddamn moe when he try to write using his hook hand.

The little match girl

I really like the artist art. He did Black rock shooter manga. The story is horror twisted version of the match girl story. Moral of the story, be careful what you wish for.

Fujicue

Looks okay. I don't see anything special yet. A young man enter highschool for musician in an attempt to join his favorite band. Problem is, he suck at playing guitar. Thankfuly he paired up with a girl who's great with piano, but have stage fright problem.

Usobuko

Banned
Nah, that means "CEO", pretty much. Nothing to do with school activities.
You're probably thinking of "部長".

I basically googled to see the difference in both chinese and JPN usage context.

在漢語地區,出版社、通訊社、旅行社等以「社」冠名的社團法人負責人。

在日本和韓國,公司企業負責人。因公司在日、韓文中稱為「會社」(日语:会社;朝鮮語:회사/會社),其負責人一般便稱為「社長」(日语:社長);職責大概相當於總裁。

You're right, they are different. I'm too used to 社長 as club president in chinese translations.

One Piece

Back to the present, ending in sight, mixed with a brief recap of everything going on, as expected. Also cool that the biggest revelation of the flashback was put into play almost immediately

bigkrev

Bah.

Cricket and work and far cry 3 is seriously leaving me with no manga reading time. :(

Just started a new job, and with the added commute, I've barely had time to do anything. lately.

Probably going to read Hero Academia this weekend, and slog through some more One Piece over Thanksgiving break though

ryan13ts

One Piece:

So the flashback is over? There's still some unresolved plotholes regarding Law's past with Doflamingo. The biggest one being that the flashback makes it clear that his first time meeting Vergo was on the winter island with Cora, but Doflamingo stated during Punk Hazard that Law pissed off Vergo before in the past and got his ass stomped. From the way the flashback ended, it seems like Law parted with Doflamingo and the family after Cora's death, so how did he get beaten down by Vergo then?

Outside of that, it was an ok chapter kind of wasted by showing us everyone, whose status hasn't really changed at all. It was pretty neat to see Doffy and Law use Armament haki for the first time. Also, it looks like Oda is going to screw us out of having Robin have a fight once again. I'm not even surprised at this point, I think the next time she'll get a proper fight will be in 20 years when we finally get to the Raftel arc, against a member of Blackbeard's crew, and that's if we're extremely lucky.

Wish the webtoon app added more series, after SHADOW ended I know only have 10th dimension boys, gamer, soul cartel and flow, which leaves lots of days empty for sizable content.

The new winter one added today was an interesting chp 0 but I dont think its for me even though the art is interesting style.

Raxus

One Piece ch768

What are the odds for Law to beat Doflamingo without Luffy's help?

Nil. I am guessing Luffy is going to run train on the mucus guy and then come in to finish Doflamingo after all he did vow to kick his ass and Luffy tends to get his way in the long run.

Anywho,

One Piece

A tiny bit of progress since the flashback happened at least but I really want to see some focus on the fights in the immediate chapters. Look forward to the Pica, Diamante and Doflamingo fights. I really wish Franky's fight would just end already. I was kind of hoping he would fight a 'stronger' opponent. Go Bartolmeo!

Bleach

Uh...wut?

Jump Issue #52
E-Robot (Cover. Lead Color. New Series, 54p)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
One Piece
Takujou no Ageha (Center Color, 25p)
Shokugeki no Soma
Gintama
Boku no Hero Academia (Center Color)
Haikyuu
World Trigger
Nisekoi (Center Color)
Hinomaru Zumou
Toriko
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
Judos
Kochikame
Isobe
Bleach
Sporting Salt
Hi-Fi Cluster

All your new series (and Bleach) are dying.

Zweizer

Banned
Nil. I am guessing Luffy is going to run train on the mucus guy and then come in to finish Doflamingo after all he did vow to kick his ass and Luffy tends to get his way in the long run.

Yeah that's what I'm expecting. Law beating Doflamingo solo would take some insane asspull.

All your new series (and Bleach) are dying.

I'm still wondering why people are voting for Kochikame.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah that's what I'm expecting. Law beating Doflamingo solo would take some insane asspull.

I'm still wondering why people are voting for Kochikame.

I think Kochikame is unranked. It's been running since 1976, it's essentially immune to the ratings system.

No surprise the new series are dying, they all looked like crap.

Zweizer

Banned
I think Kochikame is unranked. It's been running since 1976, it's essentially immune to the ratings system.

No surprise the new series are dying, they all looked like crap.

I know it's immune to the ratings system, but what dakku posted are the rankings, and if Kochikame is there it means it gathered votes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Mine does not survive the next chapter or any of the chapter afterwards in Akame Ga Kill, I will be seriously pissed.

I have a feeling that she will be killed and Takumi will get her Pumpkin as an upgrade in some capacity or some such, I don't know, is it possible according to the lore for such thing to happen?

I am seriously kind of worried for Mine, hahaha. Her daring rescue attempt is really cool/touching in my book, I am weak against that kind of stuff.

Mein is still alive?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Koe no Katachi ending had no babies
Fuuka still dead
Naruto ended with a weird shipping epilogue
Bleach nonsensical

Despair!

Mangaka have left me in despair!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know it's immune to the ratings system, but what dakku posted are the rankings, and if Kochikame is there it means it gathered votes.

Actually it's the Table of Contents.
The issues are sorted by the ranking system.
New series (less than 8 chapters) and Kochikame are just randomly placed in the magazine.

I imagine that Kochikame and Isobe are both just randomly placed in each issue. Along with the cover and color pages too.

Cause if Bleach is even less popular than those two...

Angry Grimace

Koe no Katachi

Okay, here's the thing. I don't know if its a cultural thing, but I've noticed most series that aren't explicitly about pairing characters seem to have a penchant for only vaguely alluding to what is actually happening in the end. I don't know if its just us western readers that actually expect to see the kiss or the babies or whatever since it was pretty clearly implied. The overall effect is that it seems obnoxiously incomplete.

Also, Ueno wasn't lesbian with Sahara, you guys are dumb and can't read. She was trying to make Ishida jealous.

Soma

Horimiya Ch. 44

Every character in this manga is a huge dork.

Even the new characters.

Also, more time dedicated to the beta couple~

Zweizer

Banned
Actually it's the Table of Contents.
The issues are sorted by the ranking system.
New series (less than 8 chapters) and Kochikame are just randomly placed in the magazine.
I imagine that Kochikame and Isobe are both just randomly placed in each issue. Along with the cover and color pages too.

Cause if Bleach is even less popular than those two...

Oh I see. That makes sense, at least more than a bunch of people consistently and futively voting for Kochikame.

Bleach having low ratings isn't that surprising, considering its sales decline.

Angry Grimace

Bleach having low ratings isn't that surprising because its fucking nonsense.

Koe no Katachi

Okay, here's the thing. I don't know if its a cultural thing, but I've noticed most series that aren't explicitly about pairing characters seem to have a penchant for only vaguely alluding to what is actually happening in the end. I don't know if its just us western readers that actually expect to see the kiss or the babies or whatever since it was pretty clearly implied. The overall effect is that it seems obnoxiously incomplete.

Also, Ueno wasn't lesbian with Sahara, you guys are dumb and can't read. She was trying to make Ishida jealous.

Even if Ishida and Nishimaya kissed or had babies or whatever (I think there's supposed to be a subtle thing about them holding hands when that's how they communicate) it still isn't satisfying because of the way everything was resolved, especially in regards to the side characters. Alone, it's a fine ending, but when looking at all the other problems that plagued the second half it's pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom