• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even if Ishida and Nishimaya kissed or had babies or whatever (I think there's supposed to be a subtle thing about them holding hands when that's how they communicate) it still isn't satisfying because of the way everything was resolved, especially in regards to the side characters. Alone, it's a fine ending, but when looking at all the other problems that plagued the second half it's pretty bad.

My favorite part is where Nishimiya confesses and then it is never seriously addressed again.

The biggest problem with Koe no Katachi is that I never cared about any characters other than Ishida, Nishimiya or Ueno and it seemed like a waste of time whenever anyone else was on panel.

One Piece

I hope Doffy;s lackies get taken out so that we can focus on the main fight.... loving Law vs Doffy

Bleach

So she had a bro.... who knew
R.I.P Brush guy in the next chapter

Toriko

People were joking with the whole testicals thing but lol he actually did it.... I like 100g mountain already plus that ending (the pacing is uber fast)

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko

4jLMF5x.png

yeah no shit.

Tacitus_

One Piece

A tiny bit of progress since the flashback happened at least but I really want to see some focus on the fights in the immediate chapters. Look forward to the Pica, Diamante and Doflamingo fights. I really wish Franky's fight would just end already. I was kind of hoping he would fight a 'stronger' opponent. Go Bartolmeo!

I took the couple of panels of his fight to mean that he won, with Senor kneeling on the ground and the girls weeping.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You guys are still talking about Luffy vs. Doflamingo

Didn't you guys start talking about that shit like a year ago

Revo

One Piece 768

Too bad they cut the fight in half with the shots around the island otherwise it might have been alright.

so busy lately I haven't had time to read/do anything manga related, but stopped by to say the KnK ending was a little disappointing but I don't think it was as bad as most of you think.

I'm gonna have a lot of catching up to do when I have time.

final year of college sucks

(also thank you to those who are wearing their punishments and sorry for going AWOL. I feel shitty but I'm up to my eyes these days. When I'm back I'll sort out banner things, promise)

Dynedom

re: Koe no Katachi End

Yeah not sure where the Ueno x Sahara assumption came from. That would be way out of left field and horribly explained.

The Tower of Mysterion 01

A trio of friends, with the quiet guy, his childhood friend and a popular guy as they enjoy their everyday lives. That changes when quiet guy gets asked out by childhood friend's best friend.

Before the end of the chapter, I just assumed this was going to be another childhood loses terribly for chapters upon chapters but then oh boy, that last page.

Wow. I enjoyed this a lot. Hoping for regular updates.

re: Koe no Katachi End

Yeah not sure where the Ueno x Sahara assumption came from. That would be way out of left field and horribly explained.

Pretty sure it's just wishful thinking. Shimada is definitely way out of left field though.

i'm seeing lots of hype for Boku no Hero Academia but i'm gonna wait until it has a good amount of chapters under its belt before declaring it best ever (10 chapters is a fucking pittance right now).

At least it has way more potential compared to the other fucking garbage (like Sporting Salt) so i will give it that for now.

In related Sporting Salt news i haven't seen a chapter translation for almost 3 weeks now so RIP i guess lol

dani_dc

Koe no Katachi

Okay, here's the thing. I don't know if its a cultural thing, but I've noticed most series that aren't explicitly about pairing characters seem to have a penchant for only vaguely alluding to what is actually happening in the end. I don't know if its just us western readers that actually expect to see the kiss or the babies or whatever since it was pretty clearly implied. The overall effect is that it seems obnoxiously incomplete.

Also, Ueno wasn't lesbian with Sahara, you guys are dumb and can't read. She was trying to make Ishida jealous.

At least Naruto gave us a concrete pairing... And the fan base imploded.

Ad far as Ueno goes, its more about taking something fun out of the ending than really think she went lesbian. But she totally did.

Edit: Oh God I forgot I had done a post 2 minutes ago, I hope I'm not going senile.

Zweizer

Banned
Ad far as Ueno goes, its more about taking something fun out of the ending than really think she went lesbian. But she totally did.

Yeah, with the ending being rather disappointing, it's more fun to look out for these kind of clues.

I think they're taking a lot of liberties... haha
Lots of new characters, too.

Well, it's not like I didn't expect liberties in a live action adaptation. I wonder if they'll be able to adapt the actions scenes in a satisfactory way.

Angry Grimace

so busy lately I haven't had time to read/do anything manga related, but stopped by to say the KnK ending was a little disappointing but I don't think it was as bad as most of you think.

I'm gonna have a lot of catching up to do when I have time.

final year of college sucks

(also thank you to those who are wearing their punishments and sorry for going AWOL. I feel shitty but I'm up to my eyes these days. When I'm back I'll sort out banner things, promise)

It had no babies, man.

Angry Grimace

Himouto! Umaru-chan 82

Umaru crying was the cutest thing ever. Se need more of that.

Indoor-Umaru drawn like Outdoor-Umaru is so weird when it happens because you have to wonder what is happening here:

3Ydy9a1.png

(If you don't read Umaru-chan, Umaru is drawn as a chibi at her house, but Umaru actually looks like this next picture, making it very weird wondering how the preceding image is actually occurring:

h1mpqHa.png

Koe no Katachi 62

What the hell was that? Is that it? This chapter feels like the series was cancelled partway through. It's basically "And we all grew up. THE END."

Angry Grimace

Doesn't Kubo make new characters on the fly when he runs out of ideas?

This was confirmed in an interview I think; he says when he gets writer's block he makes up new characters. He must always have writer's block.

Kubo is such a fucking hack its incredible; seriously, he should be jealous of Seo Kouji's writing ability.

Angry Grimace

The Naruto thread is STILL arguing about shipping, but couching it in a way that they're making fun of it even though they are clearly just arguing about shipping.

Toriko 302

One thing stood out to me here. The Wolf King is known as Guiness. Jirou has a move called Guiness Punch. His name also used be Jirou for second wolf.

Long been speculated but yeah there is a connection between Jirou and the Battlewolf king. (Note the author also kind of foreshadowed this showing the battlewolf right after the Ashurasaurus)

The Naruto thread is STILL arguing about shipping, but couching it in a way that they're making fun of it even though they are clearly just arguing about shipping.

So basically what we do when we talk about Soma, but in this case best girl is gonna win (Erina).

By now all your sarcasm detectors should've blew up

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Didn't the train already crash?

Damn haha, you're right.

The Tower of Mysterion 01

A trio of friends, with the quiet guy, his childhood friend and a popular guy as they enjoy their everyday lives. That changes when quiet guy gets asked out by childhood friend's best friend.

Before the end of the chapter, I just assumed this was going to be another childhood loses terribly for chapters upon chapters but then oh boy, that last page.

Dakku you mined some gold here! Will read.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Bleach is a mess as usual and One Piece still gets better as each chapter comes. I think Law might sacrifice himself to help Luffy since he won't stop until Doflamingo is dead. Luffy will level up and annihilate Flamingo.
Of course I hope I'm wrong too, Law is an awesome character, we might get a new supernova each island Luffy visits.

Toriko 302

One thing stood out to me here. The Wolf King is known as Guiness. Jirou has a move called Guiness Punch. His name also used be Jirou for second wolf.

Long been speculated but yeah there is a connection between Jirou and the Battlewolf king. (Note the author also kind of foreshadowed this showing the battlewolf right after the Ashurasaurus)

could be plausible

He might've had some battle long ago with it

Bleach 606

All these people but GRIMMJOW IS STILL NOWHERE TO BE SEEN, I KNOW THAT WAS HIM KUBO WE ALL DO
And Yoruichi sibling for no reason
It's called AR? Is that supposed to mean something, anything? This is fucking nonsense.
Well since the 0 Squad dude went first in a Bleach fight he's dead next chapter.

One Piece 768

Well, I doubt Law can beat Doflamingo by himself unless there's another big bad that appears this arc.
Like Big Mom. You know, the Yonko. Thanks for the big 4 page catch up but we still don't know what's going on with Sanji, Nami and the rest who are right next to a fucking Yonko's ship.
This arc has been going on for way more then a year now. It needs to wrap up soon.

-----BONUS BETTER MANGA-----

Horimiya 44

Wow, latest Nozaki-kun had literally the same plot as this chapter except the genders were switched.

Horimiya 44

Agh I have problems remembering the secondaries in this series. In general, faces in this series are very similar, to be honest. And all that setup to make the new character the typical super near-sighted walking joke... meh

nah it's just frog-fu trying is hardest to shit up the thread

it is a never ending cycle in there

It starts off with hating the kids... then Sasuke/Sakura but all of those were a ruse to hate on Naruto/Hinata

I tried my best and look what happened to me... I caught a cold

:(

*sniffle
of course I didn't catch a cold because of that reason but I am still under the weather :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom