• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
it is a never ending cycle in there

It starts off with hating the kids... then Sasuke/Sakura but all of those were a ruse to hate on Naruto/Hinata

I tried my best and look what happened to me... I caught a cold

:(

*sniffle

it's going to be that way for the next few months, the fun part is over :(((

go back a few pages ;)))

before those supposed spoilers of the Last or after?

the most i see is the dude claiming the main pairing won due to popularity and everyone accepting are "sheep" , which i think is fucking LOL for this series tbh.

also the best thing from that thread so far though

fb9RBj.gif

thetechkid

Otaku no Musume-san 01-05

So I decided to start this series because why not. Heres how I'm seeing it so far:
The Dad: Seems pretty typical at this point
The Daughter: Seems to be the straight man at least so far.
The Mom: I don't know; is she a rapist, an idiot, or a mastermind who just conned off a kid?!
The Manager: Seems to be there to move the story along
The Best Friend:
gfapbqF.png

I said it in the other thread but I never knew there were die hard fans of Sakura until that thread was made

I also never knew that there was a dedicated forum for them until the last week of Naruto

Usobuko

Banned
Otaku no Musume-san 01-05

So I decided to start this series because why not. Heres how I'm seeing it so far:
The Dad: Seems pretty typical at this point
The Daughter: Seems to be the straight man at least so far.
The Mom: I don't know; is she a rapist, an idiot, or a mastermind who just conned off a kid?!
The Manager: Seems to be there to move the story along
The Best Friend:
gfapbqF.png

You are in for a ride!

Not a very good one I must add but it's decent.

thetechkid

I don't know if I like her or hate her yet. I also feel like she'll show up at the end, and the manager will become a love interest at some point.

Kutoshitsuji 96-99

The twist about the true identity of the werewolves and the Miasma was pretty good. Suddenly everything about this arc changes.

The truth was pretty shit for the girl tho.

Wasnt expecting to see
Germans (Nazis?) all of a sudden

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't know if I like her or hate her yet. I also feel like she'll show up at the end, and the manager will become a love interest at some point.

Just keep going. It's still a pretty decent read, but my god the mom just fucking triggers the anger in me.

Averon

Seeing the Naruto fanbase's metamorphosis over the past few weeks has been...interesting. You'd think Naruto was a romance manga from the start.

dani_dc

Nemureru Mori no Binan

Can't say I cared for this one, basically it was just two self-centered men dating each other. Their relationship wasn't particularly well built nor was it too interesting after it started going on. And there was not much else to it. I was hoping for some actual medicine, but it just wasn't that type of series.

Knights of Sidonia 1-8

This is pretty okay. Maybe it's just the translation, but I often feel like the jumps between panels are a bit extreme? I don't really know how to describe except that I keep feeling like I'm missing something even though I'm not.

Also lol that the dude already has 3 girls after him after only 8 chapters. I mean it kind of makes sense since he did defeat a horrific abomination not seen in a hundred years... but he already had two girls fighting over him in chapter 4, so idk.

#TeamGenderlessNotGirlThatsObviouslyGoingToBecomeAGirlLater

Kyuur

Bleach

You know what? I'm actually enjoying these past few chapters. He's focusing on characters I actually care about.

Toriko

Luls, name makes sense now. Can't say I'm a fan of how they're rushing through this, but I guess there's no way Gourmet World could've lived up to the hype. I wonder if the manga's fate was sealed when the anime tanked.

One Piece

That flashback was the perfect length. Good chapter, I hope Law 1v1s Doffy and Luffy takes on slimeman or something. There's plenty of time for Luffy to shine against the big baddy when we return focus to the other half of the crew and the next arc.

Big One

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul Vol 6

I've been delaying this one for weeks but finally got to finishing it. Had to refresh myself on some of the stuff, but basically SHIT IS GETTING REAL. This current arc looks to be something that's going to end up being something truly epic.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul Vol 6

I've been delaying this one for weeks but finally got to finishing it. Had to refresh myself on some of the stuff, but basically SHIT IS GETTING REAL. This current arc looks to be something that's going to end up being something truly epic.

index.gif

With each new Tokyo Ghoul reader's impressions I grow stronger still.

Tokyo Ghoul Vol 6

Can't wait to see your impressions of this arc. I hope you enjoy the ride.

index.gif

With each new Tokyo Ghoul reader's impressions I grow stronger still.

I feel the same.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Toriko

Luls, name makes sense now. Can't say I'm a fan of how they're rushing through this, but I guess there's no way Gourmet World could've lived up to the hype. I wonder if the manga's fate was sealed when the anime tanked.

What?

Toriko's Gourmet World so far is fantastic and fitting for all the hype.

If anything, it is One Piece's New World that doesn't live up to all the hypes it has during the old arc. For all the "grand adventure" what-have-you hype leveled on it pre time-skip, One Piece still feels like same old same old.

Horimiya 44

this series is still so good.

would like her to just admit it to him and get this over with though but this new character seems interesting enough to keep this going hahaha.

Knights of Sidonia 9-17

I guess I was supposed to be shocked at that one girl's death, but the way it was all set up was so hilariously bad. Spending two weeks isolated together, comedy hijinks with the other girls that want him (where she emerges victorious), it all felt forced just to create that moment.

But girl who totally isn't a girl but is definitely going to become one soon is still alive, and that's all that matters.

Uncivilized Planet

After seeing the author and the cover i had a feeling i read this before and was proven correct but read it over again because its a Jiro Matsumoto story and i don't remember shit

Interesting tale of 3 friends and how their lives change while dealing in such an environment.

MC was annoying but he ended being the "cleanest" one out of everybody in part due to that and the one that was seemingly expected to do alright actually didn't (though it was a risky play on their part) kinda like that final ep of the Wire. Honestly it was also the least confusing/mindfuck/am i high as fuck manga the author has done imo (though the alien/rocket stuff was trying really hard to prove me wrong)

And finally being a Jiro Matsumoto manga you can't have a page without someone fucking LOL

So with Kishi starting work on his next manga in Summer 2015, when can we expect it to hit magazines (I assume Jump)? Not that I'm really too confident that he can deliver something satisfying after Naruto, I'm just interested in seeing his art in a different setting.

Too lazy to post impressions but Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is giving me some major feels. And to think that we're about 3 volumes behind. Still haven't watched the anime because I don't expect the actual music to match what the author put in words about Kosei's performance. It's one of the reasons why I haven't watched the Kids on the Slope anime either.

wonzo

Banned
Touch v12-14

I wanted to see Yoshida get utterly rekt so I was butthurt as fuck that copout happened.

Kingdom 408-410

yeah making her sympathetic just before she bites it is kinda cheap

Revo

The Tower of Mysterion 1

Another entrant of the '1 chapter out series that I saw dakku read so I checked it out'.

Seemed basically whatever until the end, hopefully it doesn't waste the chance it's created.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
One piece 768

Hold on here . MS version says trebol says "becareful, you're in the D power's sphere of influence"

how interesting

Shengar

You are in for a ride!

Not a very good one I must add but it's decent.

The sudden tone change at later half of the manga really chopped off the quality. I'm fine with some drama, but you can't just introduce it like that, changing the whole mood of the story without some preparation.

Usobuko

Banned
Any Kingdom fans here interested in The Ravage of Times?

One strategist would lay out a plan, and in the end would say, "Of course, if the enemy strategist is any good, he would know that I will be planning this, so...".

Lol Tvtropes.

The sudden tone change at later half of the manga really chopped off the quality. I'm fine with some drama, but you can't just introduce it like that, changing the whole mood of the story without some preparation.

Yeah. Usually, poor transition usually makes you feel that it's the author intention to pull such shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom