• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Kyou no Yuiko-san ch22-23

It's getting rather stale.

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka 4koma - Days of Goddess ch6

I wonder how he managed to eat that rice ball.

Shengar

Any Kingdom fans here interested in The Ravage of Times?

One strategist would lay out a plan, and in the end would say, "Of course, if the enemy strategist is any good, he would know that I will be planning this, so...".

Lol Tvtropes.
I skimmed a bit, but I'm not really that interested. Here's the reason:
-Sameface syndrome too acute to ignore
-Heavy focus on the historical figures, not enough the macro military stuffs
-Slooooooooooooow pacing
I'm not really sure with this, but my friend said that
Sima Fu is already killed
. If that's true, then the author went overboard for me
Yeah. Usually, poor transition usually makes you feel that it's the author intention to pull such shenanigans.

The comedy of first half of the manga is good, while the drama on the latter half actually isn't that bad. But changing the course so suddenly is like throwing a dessert pudding to your plate while you still eating the steak.

Bought the 4th Food War's volume digital, love the Aldini's on the back page. Cant wait to fully reread.
B25F7BmCMAEEjGy.png:large

Bleach

Ichibei´s powers are hax. Yoruichi has a little brother, which is great when Kubo mentioned before the arc starts that he will delves into Yoruichi and Urahara´s relationship and past.

one piece

I doubt that will finish off Delfamingo, but i really hope that Law will finish him off not Luffy.

Toriko

Good luck getting Bambina´s testicles. I still find it funny that Bambina´s testicles are a major part of Pair. Also Bambina is really small physically, i thought he will be very big like Heracles. That makes his mountain cutting tail and throwing even more impressive.

My Hero Academia 10-11

lol at them being critiqued by that recommended student. I hope we get to see more of the other students, some nice powers there.

And those villain designs at end are pretty cool.

360pages

To be fair, it's hard not to talk about Naruto shipping when Kishi keeps saying things like this.

"I decided quite a while ago to go with Hinata.
There was a time when I was on the fence about going with Sakura, but after coming this far and just having Sakura switch over to loving Naruto would make her kind of a terrible woman.
Anyway, Sakura really has always just been wholeheartedly about Sasuke.”

Lain

To be fair, it's hard not to talk about Naruto shipping when Kishi keeps saying things like this.

There was a time when I was on the fence about going with Sakura, but after coming this far and just having Sakura switch over to loving Naruto would make her kind of a terrible woman.

What a silly reason to go with Hinata over Sakura. I mean, she was already a terrible woman, so nothing would have changed. If anything, wanting to, and banging, Sasuke at the end of it all makes her even more of a terrible woman. Battered housewife syndrome and shit.

I think he was talking about Sakura

Hinata is really only better by virtue that she didn't insult an orphan in her first appearance

lol

Truth be told I didn't care if Naruto ended up with a Toad as long as it wasn't Sakura.... Still Hinata is a far better character then Sakura

So is Ino

So is Tenten

So is Akamaru

dramatis

What a silly reason to go with Hinata over Sakura. I mean, she was already a terrible woman, so nothing would have changed. If anything, wanting to, and banging, Sasuke at the end of it all makes her even more of a terrible woman. Battered housewife syndrome and shit.
If a woman chooses to love someone who doesn't treat her like shit, she's a terrible woman.

It's good to see what Kishimoto thinks of women. No wonder he went with Hinata.

360pages

If a woman chooses to love someone who doesn't treat her like shit, she's a terrible woman.

It's good to see what Kishimoto thinks of women. No wonder he went with Hinata.

I think it was probably less about Sasuke and more about Naruto and him pretty much was going to be treated like a rebound for Sakura.

Sakura really only started to like Naruto when he started doing things for her, though that might be more of a problem with the writing as a whole than anything else.

is this a recent thing?

i might need to check out that thread again to see the aftermath lol

dramatis

I think it was probably less about Sasuke and more about Naruto and him pretty much was going to be treated like a rebound for Sakura.

Sakura really only started to like Naruto when he started doing things for her, though that might be more of a problem with the writing as a whole than anything else.
His statement was not focused on Sasuke or Naruto, it was focused on Sakura: "There was a time when I was on the fence about going with Sakura, but after coming this far and just having Sakura switch over to loving Naruto would make her kind of a terrible woman."

A woman is terrible because she can fall out of love with one guy and fall in love with another? Even if Naruto is the rebound, is Sakura still terrible if she ends up going beyond "just the rebound" and actually loving him?

I'm not saying this in defense of any pairing, I stopped reading Naruto a long time ago. What I object to is his conception of Sakura being a terrible woman if she stopped loving Sasuke romantically and gave a relationship with Naruto a shot instead. Is it so terrible that a woman could possibly love different men at different times in her life?

Of course I don't expect Kishimoto to be writing great romance in a shounen action manga, but I feel like his words betrays a sort of male chauvinistic view which probably hampered his writing, especially considering the complaints leveled against him before regarding his female characters. It's why I'm not surprised he picked Hinata because she is the quiet, demure, supportive, very "ideal traditional Japanese woman" type character.

360pages

His statement was not focused on Sasuke or Naruto, it was focused on Sakura: "There was a time when I was on the fence about going with Sakura, but after coming this far and just having Sakura switch over to loving Naruto would make her kind of a terrible woman."

A woman is terrible because she can fall out of love with one guy and fall in love with another? Even if Naruto is the rebound, is Sakura still terrible if she ends up going beyond "just the rebound" and actually loving him?

I'm not saying this in defense of any pairing, I stopped reading Naruto a long time ago. What I object to is his conception of Sakura being a terrible woman if she stopped loving Sasuke romantically and gave a relationship with Naruto a shot instead. Is it so terrible that a woman could possibly love different men at different times in her life?

Of course I don't expect Kishimoto to be writing great romance in a shounen action manga, but I feel like his words betrays a sort of male chauvinistic view which probably hampered his writing, especially considering the complaints leveled against him before regarding his female characters. It's why I'm not surprised he picked Hinata because she is the quiet, demure, supportive, very "ideal traditional Japanese woman" type character.

Oh no, I'm not saying that, but I can easily see how he could feel that way, considering Naruto was the main character and everything.

Of course the paring war is silly as a whole, and I probably would have wanted Sakura just to end up single than anything else.

i think its just how "close to home" that rebound would be tbh given that Naruto was right there the whole time in that situation (iirc that's why when she suddenly decided to drop the Sauce out of the blue Naruto could see through her bullshit and was having none of it).

If the new object was someone else completely/more removed from those 3 then it wouldn't be precieved as so bad but then the accusation of pairing her with some random dude comes up because he wouldn't be fleshed out enough.

as 360pages said it would have been best if she remained single and trying again to find the one for her at that point (kinda like what happened to Tsunade in her later years).

Me8JaUm.png

Not even the censors would have saved me if I actually posted the full image here.

Anyway, bombs are already dropping with Kamui and Takasugi appearing

Can't wait to read the rest of the arc that will most likely have me asking "anime adaption when?"

I sometimes feel bad that Sakura will forever be remembered as one of the worst "heroines" because of Kishi's inability to write women.

And then I read/watch the manga/anime and all my sympathies disappear.

dani_dc

Transient Flower

This was fun, if a bit short. It explore a person that suffered due to her apparence and as such became bitter on the inside, fixing he appearance was simply a means to take some misguided "vengeance" in the world.

We never go too deep into who she was, but that works fine since the ultimate point ody the story is that she became an ugly person on the inside and there was no way to fix it any longer.

Me8JaUm.png

Not even the censors would have saved me if I actually posted the full image here.

Anyway, bombs are already dropping with Kamui and Takasugi appearing

Can't wait to read the rest of the arc that will most likely have me asking "anime adaption when?"

Oh this is just the setup, you haven't seen jack. Be hyped, very hyped.

scy

Wait wait wait, that's his actual reasoning behind it?

oh god it hurts

upandaway

One Piece

Not really sure what Trebol means there even with Erigu's comment, I mean, Law's Room (or even just his attack range) is huge and Doffy was in it the whole battle.

That overview reminded me how much I want to see the actual battles and not the little sneak peeks, I especially wanted to see the Franky vs Senor Pink thing in more detail. Everything we've seen of it was amazing. Zoro vs Pica I'm expecting will get a lot more time later, since this always happen with Zoro fights.

I still feel like the Luffy part of things is happening a bit too fast, but Doffy has so much story inside him to hold that fight for the rest of the arc, so we'll see.

Wait wait wait, that's his actual reasoning behind it?

oh god it hurts

I mean, he's not wrong, it would have not been a natural behaviour.
Of course, sticking with Sasuke is also somewhat perverse, and imho the "correct" way of doing things would have been for Sakura to ditch him and go with someone else entirely.
Now excuse me while I vilify myself for dedicating brain time to this issue.

Lain

Exactly that, and I don't think she should have ended up with Naruto, I just find his reasoning disagreeable.

I mean, he's not wrong, it would have not been a natural behaviour.
Of course, sticking with Sasuke is also somewhat perverse, and imho the "correct" way of doing things would have been for Sakura to ditch him and go with someone else entirely.
Now excuse me while I vilify myself for dedicating brain time to this issue.

I agree with this

if I cared about Sakura ;)))

Revo

The Gamer 64

Hopefully doesn't return to the boring grind. Also I hope it was like a magic mark to let others know that he's under her protection rather than the alternative.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Horimiya 44

Poor glasses dude, but the beta couple's gotta get some development somehow! Your sacrifice will not go in vain.

Black Haze 79-80

lol

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dr. Hitomi Infirmary 15
Young kid these days, holding hand like it's nothing! LEWD!
Seeing inside, literally.
Haagen Dazs is really popular, huh?

Marginal Operation 2

So, the job is boring, and our protag decide to go to brothel, because he's bored to death. And, dude decide to learn English instead of having sex. Good job hero!
Mob Psycho 73

"He is a good person"
Manlytear,jpg
Tsukutote New Saga 10

Well now, the princess is more to than meets the eye

dramatis

Mob Psycho 73

Good people and ramen.

It's nice to see Reigen get some development that doesn't involve him getting powers too, what's special about him remains the same.

Zweizer

Banned
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary ch15

Youngsters these days are so bold.

My Hero Academia ch11

Lots of new friends and a bunch of new enemies.
I guess All Might might croak soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom