• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Bah, I'm setting a really bad example for this thing I started by not reading anything this week, but there were so many other distractions for me this week. T_T Will definitely read the previous list next week though.

Still, onto week 4.

Week 4
Sora no Shita Yane no Naka by FUTAMI Sui
Worlds by RYU Fujisaki
Helter Skelter by OKAZAKI Kyoko
Sakura no Kimi by YAMAGUCHI Miyuki
Family Fight by Mizuno Sayaka

3 books for me this week.
Already read Sora no Shita and Worlds.

Akito

Bah, I'm setting a really bad example for this thing I started by not reading anything this week, but there were so many other distractions for me this week. T_T Will definitely read the previous list next week though.

Still, onto week 4.

Week 4
Worlds by RYU Fujisaki
3 out of 5 again, huh. Also I still need to get around to post an impression about 2001 + 5.

Apparently some NaruSaku fans on the web altered the interpretation of Kishi's interview to try and make Sakura as some sacrificial Hero who loved Naruto but wanted Hinata to be Happy

and that even though Naruto would've loved to be with Sakura.... The Queen thinks about others before herself

;)))))))))))))))

That or Kishi is an anti-feminist and that his wife should divorce him

Hero Academia 11

The Villains designs are somewhat over the top in design

Zweizer

Banned

Still, onto week 4.

Week 4
Worlds by RYU Fujisaki

4 out of 5, again.

Also, how many guesses did I get right this time, Whippy?

Usobuko

Banned
Pfft, 3 of them are dead give-away.

*Look at the list I sent to Antiwhippy

Yeah, the rest are also pretty obvious in gravitating towards a specific preference.

Guren 5 chp 1
tumblr_nfe8a08wls1qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

Yes finally its great when something youve wishlisted long ago finally gets its chapter one done. Ive been waiting so long and it was so good. Definitely up for best action shoujo.

Raku is a great lead and I love how every time theres a fight hes hit first and blasted back and people go so weak. I dont think it'll ever get old. Can really support him and his scene with the arm enhancement boost suit is great.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Yeah, the rest are also pretty obvious in gravitating towards a specific preference.

That's ideal honestly. Get stuff from different perspectives and then mix them up! Best way to go about things really.

Zweizer

Banned

Not my fault that your preferences are so obvious. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

Zweizer

Banned
Torikissa! ch1

I think this kind of pasta might actually exist.

Everyday with Gods ch5

What fearsome power!

Sekai Maou ch12

New friend?

Revo

Still kinda an ass for holding seoul hostage to see it.

Everyday with Gods 5

She did seem like she was the type to be in love with money.

Sai

Mushoku Tensei [LN]

I am very much liking these upcoming twists(spoiled myself by skimming the animesuki thread).

Gisu being an apostle of Hitogami all this time was completely unexpected. In retrospect, explains some of the oddities surrounding the Begaritto/teleport labyrinth incident. Hits hard, 'cause that dude was a such a bro... :(

Guren 5 chp 1

Yes finally its great when something youve wishlisted long ago finally gets its chapter one done. Ive been waiting so long and it was so good. Definitely up for best action shoujo.

Raku is a great lead and I love how every time theres a fight hes hit first and blasted back and people go so weak. I dont think it'll ever get old. Can really support him and his scene with the arm enhancement boost suit is great.

Oh shit, this is by the Danganronpa guy? Gonna have to check it out.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Persona 3 Tartaros Gekijou 1

The Ken and Yukari development was gold. Maiko too stronk. The only problems I had with this were 1) not enough Akihiko, 2) Akihiko x Mitsuru is OTP, get the fuck out of here with this MC x Mitsuru nonsense.

Too bad I haven't played P4 yet, I guess I can't continue with this.

edit:
Oh shit, this is by the Danganronpa guy? Gonna have to check it out.
Hold up, what? Okay I'm on this.

edit2:
Guren 5 1
This is all over the place. Feeling pretty generic right now, but I have high hopes for it based on the writer.

Akito

Touch v12
Yikes, it's Yuka, my least favorite character in the entire series. She and Yoshida would make an amazing couple.

Knights of Sidonia whatever-49

Holy shit, Nagate has achieved maximum density. I believe in you, Izawa ;_;.

Also Tsugumi (Tsumugi?) has surpassed even Mein levels of death flags. If she doesn't either 1. Die in a heroic sacrifice or 2. Turn evil (and then die) the shock will be real.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Okay, yeah.

He's going to win this.

Any expectations I had for Soma possibly losing this just disappeared.

Least I can look forward to Ryouko (and Ibusaki) getting some panel time next chapter.

Saying the Main Character is beneath your attention is the biggest death flag ever

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san 1
I want to eat ramen...with extra garlic, vegetable, oil, and meat!

Sekai Maou 12

Another demon appear, and she's on a food journey.

Torikissa! one shot and chapter 1

This is cute and funny! A human visiting a cafe owned by Avian sister (Bird with human feature).

dani_dc

Okay, yeah.

He's going to win this.

Any expectations I had for Soma possibly losing this just disappeared.

Least I can look forward to Ryouko (and Ibusaki) getting some panel time next chapter.

Why would they ever do this after all of Soma results?

Plus it's a first-time triple-threat match, which makes for a great story.

I'd fire whoever was in charge of this newspaper.

dani_dc

Pack it up folks, the match is over.

The lack of stakes for each fights being so low, either characters that you have no reason to care about or obvious outcomes, is one of the main issues with this arc.

This type of unneeded downplaying the MC isn't helping.

Zweizer

Banned
The lack of stakes for each fights being so low, either characters that you have no reason to care about or obvious outcomes, is one of the main issues with this arc.

This type of unneeded downplaying the MC isn't helping.

Not to mention the pacing issues. The whole thing felt extremely dragged out.

At least when it's over Soma should have made some significant progress towards his goal.

dani_dc

Not to mention the pacing issues. The whole thing felt extremely dragged out.

At least when it's over Soma should have made some significant progress towards his goal.

It has taken over half the series by now.

I honestly have a hard time finding motivation to read it in a weekly basis now a days.
Can't wait for this to be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom