• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 96 RAW

I see a Nikumi blush face right on page 1.

And happily, the match starts so we don't have to sit through more Erina-less filler chapters.

Zweizer

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul ch80-107

A bigger focus on backgrounds and revelations now, with the search for Doctor Kanou and Rize's past. Several new characters get introduced for both sides as well, with one of them standing tall in the way of Kaneki, causing the latter to go berserk. I guess this unexpected transformation will be useful were he to master it.

Akito

oh good so it's not just me

probably the only character in the manga i didn't like that much.
She really wouldn't have been so annoying if she hadn't as much screentime as she did.

Touch v13
Fun practice game, it's time for Yoshida to learn his place. I really liked Minami's reactions to the game, seems like a while since she could watch a match in its entirety.

wonzo

Banned
YuriCam 14-15
yuricam15.png

she'll win but

realerthanreal.gif

Yuri Seijin Naoko-san 7

nsfw yuri doujins the pinnacle of manliness

Hita-Hita 15

Moral of the story: always blackmail your way out of poverty

Inside Mari 38

well now, her sister having the same name as mari explains everything

Akito

2001 + 5
A collection of hard science fiction short stories with really awesome art. The technobabble was a little too much at times but there were some pretty neat concepts, I especially liked the first story.

Knights of Sidonia 53-54

Well this series took a nosedive quickly. Terrible tsundere girl joins the (not incredibly obvious) harem, possible Izana progress wiped out for the dumbest reason ever, "I'm fine with him not returning my feelings because he wants to protect us," etc. And the majority of the next chapter is about the hunt for a peeper in the showers. sigh

RangerBAD

2001 + 5

A collection of hard science fiction short stories with really awesome art. The technobabble was a little too much at times but there were some pretty neat concepts, I especially liked the first story.

If you like that, you should check out more stuff by Hoshino Yukinobu.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Tokyo Ghoul Re: 7

Its confirmed,
Haise = Kaneki

I'm starting to think that
Haise is a personality planted into Kaneki and its gotten to the point where the mind believes Haise is the original owner of the body while Kaneki is just a byproduct of ghoul powers.
I'm loving the duality the mangaka has rocking for Kaneki, its not some shounen BS level up through the power of friendship. Things are starting to make sense slowly and all of our predictions/theories are coming true. Time to see Haise lose it once he see's Hinami,
all of his memories will rush back in and he will be in his most delicate moment, what he decides to do from there will decide the tone/scope of the manga. Hell, I'm still really curious where the old man from the coffee shop is right now, all I know is that his daughter saved him.

Fairy Tail 409

SHOUNEN FIGHT

Fairy Tail Zero 05

Suddenly, yuri.

One Piece 768

Here's a recap of what's going on now. No, it didn't really help.

Fairy Tail Ice Trial 05

That flashback was more interested than the rest of the chapter.

The Shape of Voices volume 1-6
Just want to thank the OP for introducing me to this series. I was about to drop it because the main character in the first volume was making me so mad, which was necessary for the story, but I'm glad I stayed with it, I managed to read all of the volumes available within 3 days, I just couldn't stop reading it. I thought volume 6 was the last one so I was expecting to finish this today, but at the end of volume 5, I knew that the 6th volume couldn't be the last. Now I have to wait until the 17th to read the last few chapters?! Nooo!!! I hate reading an interesting manga and then having to wait a long time just to read it again. What slice of manga will fill this void? :(

I want to give Fuuka a try...but I'm really not sure if it's wise to read another Seo manga...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Probably still in the tank in Kanou's lab where we last saw him.

Wow, I really don't recall that, I thought
his daughter swallowed him whole and took him away from the battle?

Also, Koharu no Hibiki 1

doc-rivers.gif

Its all for senpai, no manga has scared me as much as this one has.

Lain

The Breaker: New Waves 181

It was time to fight, not to talk. Instead fighting is postponed until next chapter.
Now, since there was some talking, just like the previous chapter, this thing about sosul being on the assholes side has me worried. Who knows what they have done to her to make her join such scumbags, if that is true?

The Breaker: New Waves 181

It was time to fight, not to talk. Instead fighting is postponed until next chapter.
Now, since there was some talking, just like the previous chapter, this thing about sosul being on the assholes side has me worried. Who knows what they have done to her to make her join such scumbags, if that is true?

Last we saw her, she was like a porcelain doll burning people up by touching them.

Seemed crazy.

Just like NAD, Shiwoon's probably going to have to snap his loliwaifu out of it.

Kaiser be mad.

Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 7 Spoilers!!!!!!!!

1416624092229.jpg

The suffering truly never ends does it 😞

Seriously as a Ghoul he was fucked and now as a investigator he's also fucked. It's like Nishiki said everywhere he goes he's helpless. Anyways we see Haise,
Kaneki reveal his Kagune and insanity and remembering Nishiki a bit. I feel Kaneki is being drugged or something to keep his memories locked. Though damn did I fuckin love seeing Kaneki go insane, so happy right now.
Also since Ishida's Art looks cleaner now the battles look fluid, so yeah I'm really loving the direction he's going for. It seems Shirazu is growing respect, Urie has envy, and Mutsuki has fear for Haise.

1416619910318.png

Holy shit does Haise look scary 😮. Though it's nice having White Haired Kaneki's personality coming back.

I really do feel the bread and butter of this series is the suffering.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 182

This wasn't too bad as far as Yui chapters go, I enjoyed some of the over the top antics like the wall behind gone and the threat to murder all of Chitoge group and family.

Of course this is all ultimately meaningless, so eh.

Bomus points for Marika coloured page.

Misshitsu no Hisoka na Hoshi 01

An old classmate opens up a detective agency right next door to our main character and I guess they start teaming up.

I like more detective agency series so why not.

Jitsu wa Watashi Wa 51

Man really love all the facial expressions in this chapter.
7yKmgrt.png

(Cut it out since I have a feeling I will have a use for this at some point...and yes the white outline is supposed to be there.)

Bye Bye Brother

An one-shot about a girl who's always lived in the shadows of her popular older brother and what happens when he returns back home.

Hmmmmm, not bad. Onii-chan is definitely interesting. I definitely thought this one shot was going to end completely differently.

The End of Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War

n91317Y.png

I've read a lot of weird shit in my day.
But that was one of the weirdest.
Also lewdest
Sasuga Dowman

Noted.
Well, it might take a while before I get to reading these.

Sorry for being late but yea those choices from survivor are good.

though tbh, due to their crazy nature at points they all usually end up in a jumbled mess in my head and i would have to check them again and see if i already read it lol.

Note: "Velveteen & Mandala" and "Becchin & Mandara" are the same work its just the officially translated name vs unofficially translated name (respectively iirc)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Page 1 - yup, another fucken yui chapter

eat shit komi

Angry Grimace

I see people complain about Nisekoi pretty much every week and I wonder why don't you guys just drop it?

It doesn't have an overarching story anyways. Its fine as long as its not a chapter about Yui or Marika.

Worlds:
Story 1 was boring and kinda dull. Story 2 was fantastic and one hell of a look at a disturbing scenario that we all have considered once before in our lives. Story 3 was neat and had a really interesting future-based take. Story 4 was weeeeeeeeeird, and Story 5 was cute. Overall, it was a neat read with some decent art and some rather dramatic tones with some stories.

Family Fight:
Heh, read it before and it's still just as fantastic. It's perfect.

Sakura No Kimi:
Eh. Kinda cute, I guess. Nothing special.

Helter Skelter:
Holy shit. My favorite read so far.
Wow.
Woooooooow.
Amazing.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sora no Shita yane no naka
A slice of life story about a Neet who finally decide to get a job. Sweet, funny, and short, it potray life of a girl who don't know what she really want to do. I feel relatable to the character. She procrastinate, she took part time, she still learning the difference between part time and full time. I really enjoy this.

Worlds

A collection of short story by Ryu Fujisaki, the author of Hoshin Engi.

His first work is his interpretation of hameln, while it have interesting take, the story feel very rough, which is understandable, since it's the author debut work.
The 2nd story is about what if our real world is just a dream, and that the reality is not what you expected. The real world and the twist ending make this a very good read.
3rd Story is a SF story about what will happen will each person consult on a computer to know what best for them. Of course, there will be rebel who goes against the system
4th Story a horror story about what if a shadow going to take over your body.
5th story is a comedic take on a fantasy cliche, with lot of funny moment.

Tetsugaku Letra vol 1-2

Buy it on impulse on a book store. The story about a high school boy that facing a 'wall' due to lack of talent is nothing new, but the way author make the story and the family support of the boy make this a very touching story. The art is also pleasing in the eye, as expected of Mizu Sahara

Angry Grimace

I notice Raku in Nisekoi seems to have gotten even dumber recently, too.

I see people complain about Nisekoi pretty much every week and I wonder why don't you guys just drop it?

i did. I am now free, i felt like i have release myself from this prolonged suffering which consist of dumbness and more SoL whic is not needed.
Oh, i almost watch this week chapter out of habit. Should have unfollow that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom