• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

I see people complain about Nisekoi pretty much every week and I wonder why don't you guys just drop it?
I enjoy the series overall, just feel it hasn't had a decent arc since the last Haru arc. I think we got one or two decent Marika chapters since then at most and that Ruri mini arc.
Either way, not bad enough for me to consider dropping it, just boring chapters all around lately.

Plus how else will I get access to good reaction faces in a nearly weekly basis?

Zweizer

Banned
Also, Koharu no Hibiki 1

Its all for senpai, no manga has scared me as much as this one has.

Accept the gloriousness that is yandere~
If you haven't read it yet, check out Mirai Nikki for THE yandere in manga.

The End of Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War

I've read a lot of weird shit in my day.
But that was one of the weirdest.
Also lewdest
Sasuga Dowman

Have you read the older but just as good Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War? It's got what's one of my favorite Dowman Sayman shorts, and one of the saddest.

Sorry for being late but yea those choices from survivor are good.

though tbh, due to their crazy nature at points they all usually end up in a jumbled mess in my head and i would have to check them again and see if i already read it lol.

Note: "Velveteen & Mandala" and "Becchin & Mandara" are the same work its just the officially translated name vs unofficially translated name (respectively iirc)

Yeah I guessed they were the same work. Funny how survivor and Turin Turambar's recommendations clash though. Who should I believe?

Usobuko

Banned
Worlds:
Story 2 was fantastic and one hell of a look at a disturbing scenario that we all have considered once before in our lives.
Worlds:
A collection of short story by Ryu Fujisaki, the author of Hoshin Engi.

The 2nd story is about what if our real world is just a dream, and that the reality is not what you expected. The real world and the twist ending make this a very good read.

Took a page from this and laced with an escapism theme.

“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” - Zhuangzi

It doesn't have an overarching story anyways. Its fine as long as its not a chapter about Yui or Marika.

More like it's fine if chapters aren't about Chitoge or Onodera because seriously Chitoge is a terrible tsundere and Onodera is fuckin boring. Chapters with Marika is what makes this manga readable including Haru too.

There should be a spinoff with Marika in it.

Yeah I guessed they were the same work. Funny how survivor and Turin Turambar's recommendations clash though. Who should I believe?

eh i say you should check it yourself since he's one of those authors where a work can be seen as alright to someone or terrible to another. More so than other authors imo (but that could be because the works can get far out there lol).

and iirc they don't last long so you could go through them at a decent pace.

2001+5

a bunch of cool space stories all with different themes etc.

was nice seeing the space version of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table hahaha

Has 3 Gatsu no Lion been licensed in English yet? I hope Yen Press get it. I bought Barakamon v1 from them recently and like the slightly larger format.

upandaway

Soma 95

Now that we know Soma's winning for sure, we need to decide who gets second place.

It'll be pretty hilarious if they tie again.

Zweizer

Banned
eh i say you should check it yourself since he's one of those authors where a work can be seen as alright to someone or terrible to another. More so than other authors imo (but that could be because the works can get far out there lol).

and iirc they don't last long so you could go through them at a decent pace.

Alright. Well, it'll take a while before I get to read these though.

Soma 95

Now that we know Soma's winning for sure, we need to decide who gets second place.

Forever rivals.

Vito

Banned
by Horimiya illustrator

B3Dww2SCIAAINgP.jpg:orig

Revo

Fairy Tail 410

Inb4 this makes them stronger

Boku no Hero Academia 12

Glad expectations of character are being met.

Soma 95

Judges will only decide who is the winner, 2nd and 3rd place will be ignored.

That would make it even more hliarious and salty for these 2 losers.

More like it's fine if chapters aren't about Chitoge or Onodera because seriously Chitoge is a terrible tsundere and Onodera is fuckin boring. Chapters with Marika is what makes this manga readable including Haru too.

Marika is fucking boring too because you know she isn't gonna win, I mean there's still the doubt between Chitoge and Onodera (not really, we all know Chitgoge got this), but with Marika she will either die or be friendzoned. Her chapters are just a waste of time, and for a troll character Raku is just better.

Still Marika chapters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Onodera.

Keijo!! 10

Another test i guess? plus more teasing of some character backstory with older lady.

Also Nozomi being Nozomi lol and i wasn't expecting that appearance tbh.

Jitsu Watashi wa 52

LOL this continues to be fun and their is no doubt as to who the Chivalrous Pervert 2 is tbh.

Also poor Dragon

Judges will only decide who is the winner, 2nd and 3rd place will be ignored.

That would make it even more hliarious and salty for these 2 losers.

Marika is fucking boring too because you know she isn't gonna win, I mean there's still the doubt between Chitoge and Onodera (not really, we all know Chitgoge got this), but with Marika she will either die or be friendzoned. Her chapters are just a waste of time, and for a troll character Raku is just better.

Still Marika chapters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Onodera.

Naw as a troll character she's better than Raku.

Vito

Banned
Every time I try to talk about something else in the Naruto thread, they just pull it back to Sakura....

If it's shipping, just bail out. Some people don't know when to cut their loses and will go on forever, unless you're trolling it for shits and giggles, it ain't worth it.

FT

yes I will now call "Fairy Tail" FT seeing as Hiro Mashima wants to call it that so badly I will too... Plus this means I could switch out the F and the T to mean things relating to the chapter

"Fake Terror" as in this chapter showed off some evil threat/OMG ending but we all know that is false

or

"Fan Tits" when Hiro engages in his favourite past time and splashes it across the chapter

or I can use the FT in wording while bolding it like

"Friendship PloT" where Hiro makes the character power up due to no apparent reason at all where if he hit him once doesn't work hitting him harder will work twice as much

dani_dc

Shit I have to finish DDS2 one of these days. I'm somewhere in the airport.
I never got around beating the last boss of the first game.

2001 + 5 1
First one's pretty dumb.

Wasn't a big fan of the first chapter either, wondering if to keep going or not.

check out the last few pages.

i honestly wonder how long will this go on for?

Forever and ever. People that are this emotionally stuck into this are never getting out.

Zweizer

Banned
2001 + 5 1
First one's pretty dumb.
Wasn't a big fan of the first chapter either, wondering if to keep going or not.

The other stories are better, although they're all rather standard sci-fi stuff. The first story is hard to get through mainly because it's a spin-off of the main series, 2001.

Really, I'd say you mainly read it for the art.

Look at that. More illustrators should illustrate illustration of the best F/SN character.

Pshh, Rider is superior.

360pages

Rider and Caster are superior.

The routes should have been Rider/Caster and Saber.

Not, Garbage Sakura/ Tsurin and Saber.

Seriously, compared to the female cast of Tsukihime to the Fate/Stay night female cast it becomes apparent which one is better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Fighting words.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I never got around beating the last boss of the first game.
I really liked the first game, more than DDS2 so far. I was stuck in the last area for a long time because I could never find time to finish it, but I ended up beating it like 3 months afterwards. Final boss wasn't too bad, I think. Mostly just the spheres were a pain in the butt.

DDS2 is still good though, especially for Heat. I just don't like the
sci-fi
angle they went into, although it seemed cool at first. The opening song for DDS2 is also superior, I loved that shit.

I gave up after chapter 2, the art is great, but I'm not really into the story. It feels almost clinical.

VRMN

I enjoy the series overall, just feel it hasn't had a decent arc since the last Haru arc. I think we got one or two decent Marika chapters since then at most and that Ruri mini arc.
Either way, not bad enough for me to consider dropping it, just boring chapters all around lately.

Plus how else will I get access to good reaction faces in a nearly weekly basis?

Pretty much this. Yui is the only member of the harem I find boring. Yeah, Kosaki is aggravating with her constantly squandered advantages, but she's enjoyable in her own way. It's not a bad series; it's just had a lackluster month or so with focusing on the least two enjoyable cast members. And Yui has potential to be less boring; at least, she seemed to have it when she showed up in the first place.

But basically, if Nisekoi just had Chitoge, Tsugumi, Marika, and Haru I'd be perfectly satisfied.

And the series is still the home to the best reaction faces I've ever seen in manga. That doesn't hurt.

Lain

Rin has a nice character deisgn but she's too tsundere. Rider has the sexy body, but she's too poisonous. Caster has the mystery and the mature appeal, but she's too manipulative.
Saber has the beauty and elegance along with a dignified character. She's the King of Queens.
We're not worthy of your awesomeness Saber, we're really not.

Valkyria Engine 10

New girl is his fiance.

New girl is already better than old girl.

New girl will probably still lose cause worse girls always win.

360pages

Rin has a nice character deisgn but she's too tsundere. Rider has the sexy body, but she's too poisonous. Caster has the mystery and the mature appeal, but she's too manipulative.
Saber has the beauty and elegance along with a dignified character. She's the King of Queens.
We're not worthy of your awesomeness Saber, we're really not.

You act like those are bad things. Also, Rin is super boring, like way too boring. Say what you will about Sakura, at least she didn't play the sweet innocent arch type straight. Rin played her arch type to a T with a little variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom