• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need recommendations again...

I've read Berserk, Vagabond, 7seeds, Pluto, 20th century boys, Sakamato, Gantz, Onepunch man... many others I've forgotten byt yeh. Mostly interested in dark seinen stuff, not really into battle manga. Kingdom looks alright but I think I would get bored... was thinking about starting Eden?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Edit; oh I'm reading Tokyo Ghoul right now. Started off very well but seems to be veering into predictability now. The moral dilemma element is gone.

Eden
Blade of the Immortal
Homunculus
Dorehodoro
Vindland Saga
Akira
Shamo
Historie
Parasyte
Gunslinger Girl
Planetes
Appleseed
Ghost in the shell

Zweizer

Banned
Hinamatsuri looks interesting thanks.

It's one of my favorites. I suggest you check out Prison School as well

And Nickelodeon, if you want to see more depths within 8 pages than some most fail to achieve through several volumes.

and there someone goes saying that name again and me thinking of something totally different

need to get my mind out of the gutter.

Do tell what you're thinking anout!

Shengar

It's magnificent.
203%20-%20Copy.jpg

;__;
It's one of my favorites. I suggest you check out Prison School as well

I don't know if recommending Prison School right off the bat is a good start. It have great artistry in style, detail, and paneling that's for sure. But the content itself might be off putting for many people. Even though in most case it was very over-the-top that you actually ended up laugh at it.

Rather than Prison School, I prefer recommending Ore to Akuma No Blues which shares many artistry achievement from Prison School (or should I say otherwise?)

Shengar

I read three volumes of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and still don't understand jackshit
Maybe I should started reading it for real instead of skim through >3>

caesar

Banned
203%20-%20Copy.jpg

;__;

I don't know if recommending Prison School right off the bat is a good start. It have great artistry in style, detail, and paneling that's for sure. But the content itself might be off putting for many people. Even though in most case it was very over-the-top that you actually ended up laugh at it.

Rather than Prison School, I prefer recommending Ore to Akuma No Blues which shares many artistry achievement from Prison School (or should I say otherwise?)
Isn't it a harem manga? I'm not sure that fits in my spectrum of taste.

Zweizer

Banned
I did but no one listens to the person with the Hitler pic i guess.

I do! Sometimes.

I really needs to start reading Me and the Devils Blues.

Isn't it a harem manga? I'm not sure that fits in my spectrum of taste.

It's not really harem and more philosophical smut.

scy

which given other works, seems to be deliberate thing LOL.

but damn him not looking like that would have went a long way on its own

It feels a bit too excessive at times but eh, I think it adds to his character. At least, to a point where his lack of self-esteem makes sense and not a pretty boy with the the same lamenting.

And Kyoukai is flawless.

Maybe I don't know what that word means.

Same here i guess.

but still..wat

I do! Sometimes.

See he's not so bad now, he has shades on :p

But yea i should have said a small minority

It feels a bit too excessive at times but eh, I think it adds to his character. At least, to a point where his lack of self-esteem makes sense and not a pretty boy with the the same lamenting.

Indeed but man he could have dialed it down a bit while keeping all though issues.

Well he should still be in the growing phase so maybe he sheds some of it near the end (also to show that he's changed somewhat?)

World Trigger 77
tumblr_nd18gt6dse1s5992do1_r1_500.png

I cant wait for the finalized version, pretty odd setup since the backgrounds were rather perfect looking except for the key moments but then the characters only partially done.

Plot...I hope Replica isnt dead :(

kadotsu

Banned
I need the title of one, probably shonen battle, manga. Super stylized art, characters have humongous eyes and a recent chapter had some sort of staredown panel.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Need recommendations again...

I've read Berserk, Vagabond, 7seeds, Pluto, 20th century boys, Sakamato, Gantz, Onepunch man... many others I've forgotten byt yeh. Mostly interested in dark seinen stuff, not really into battle manga. Kingdom looks alright but I think I would get bored... was thinking about starting Eden?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Edit; oh I'm reading Tokyo Ghoul right now. Started off very well but seems to be veering into predictability now. The moral dilemma element is gone.

Kokou no Hito

Ichi the Killer

I Am A Hero

Zweizer

Banned
Indeed but man he could have dialed it down a bit while keeping all though issues.

Well he should still be in the growing phase so maybe he sheds some of it near the end (also to show that he's changed somewhat?)

I'm guessing Amazume wanted to make the 'beauty and the beast' thing obvious, which is, but yeah Kaoru really looks unique compared to the rest of the cast, or hell, to pretty much everyone else the author has drawn.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Uh, I have no idea where you got the idea that the heroine in lucifer and the biscuit hammer is flawless.
Sorry, flawless was a bad word to use. (I blame not sleeping). I meant super overpowered. Like Asahina was basically a walking nuke and there never seemed like a reason she couldn't wipe the floor with the enemy by herself. I know she was unstable and damaged from the get-go, and that just became increasingly obvious from her whole
dying
thing.

It's also been a while since I read the manga, so my memory of it is hazy beyond 1) liking it overall, 2) thinking the
childhood friend dying
was sad, 3) the
pyramid fight with the dead mentor
was cool, 4) not liking the way the heroine was written.

I guess a better example of overpowered to hell would be Soma. I find him incredibly uninteresting because of it. The one time I really liked him was when he punched the wall after losing to the alumni.

wut
Kyoukai is just like any other main character. If anything, she's the only one who have emotional damage among the main cast until an arc dedicated for her to mend that wound. While Kyoukai is physically strong, it can't resolve everything as shown in recent chapters.
Again, I haven't actually read Kingdom. I just heard that Kyoukai was overpowered to hell (not flawless) from that person I know.

Your taste is shit. Next.
This is me not giving a single fuck.

dramatis

It's kind of a wonder that it didn't become the next big thing considering all the promotion done.
Actually, I think I have the rather simple answer for why Toriko can't become the next big thing, at least not as big as say Naruto or Bleach.

Female audience. Fujoshi

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Let's be real, Murata Toriko would be 10 pages of dialogue-less cooking spreads.

I'm guessing Amazume wanted to make the 'beauty and the beast' thing obvious, which is, but yeah Kaoru really looks unique compared to the rest of the cast, or hell, to pretty much everyone else the author has drawn.

Indeed. Even in his older
loli based
stuff i didn't see someone stood out that much.

Should be interesting seeing what happens for those 2 as time goes on.

Let's be real, Murata Toriko would be 10 pages of dialogue-less cooking spreads.

Sounds better than the one going on already :p

Sporting Salt 3

The final page was the only good one, destroyer looks like a good match for the healer. Hope viz doesnt pick it up, though I wouldnt be buying anyway, would only read in their magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom