• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sorry, flawless was a bad word to use. (I blame not sleeping). I meant super overpowered. Like Asahina was basically a walking nuke and there never seemed like a reason she couldn't wipe the floor with the enemy by herself. I know she was unstable and damaged from the get-go, and that just became increasingly obvious from her whole
dying
thing.

It's also been a while since I read the manga, so my memory of it is hazy beyond 1) liking it overall, 2) thinking the
childhood friend dying
was sad, 3) the
pyramid fight with the dead mentor
was cool, 4) not liking the way the heroine was written.

I guess a better example of overpowered to hell would be Soma. I find him incredibly uninteresting because of it. The one time I really liked him was when he punched the wall after losing to the alumni.

Eh, it depends on what narrative they're trying to make with that overpoweredness. Take one punch man for example, his OPness is used to explore how mundane it makes life feel, and the need of power in general. Then there's sakamoto, where his OPness is used to create ridiculous and hilarious scenarios.

I tend to agree that overpowered characters can be boring, and they really need to start finding some new angles for soma. In samidare though we have a girl with a terminal illness who wants to use the power she suddenly received so that she can destroy the world she loves. That is awesome.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Its because some people really like the post button

dani_dc

Yup, I just got a friend to agree to read one volume of Prison School for each two episodes of Monogatari that I watch. I hope he appreciates the sacrifice I'm doing afterwards.

It's OK. We can just ban everyone then!

Not going to lie, probably the safest thing to do in this thread as a mod.

Zweizer

Banned
I don't have anyone to discuss it anyway. ;_;

No reads the other stuff I read either lol.

You'd have more discussion if you weren't reading the raws, which are undecipherable to us non-moonspeakers!

What else do you read anyways? I only see you mentioning AKB49 and Naruto.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yup, I just got a friend to agree to read one volume of Prison School for each two episodes of Monogatari that I watch. I hope he appreciates the sacrifice I'm doing afterwards.

Not going to lie, probably the safest thing to do in this thread as a mod.

Monogatari is good!

If he's a dick he'll force you to watch nisemonogatari.

Shouta

You'd have more discussion if you weren't reading the raws, which are undecipherable to us non-moonspeakers!

What else do you read anyways? I only see you mentioning AKB49 and Naruto.

It's tapered off for me recently because I haven't had time to look into new ones. But the ones I'm reading currently are AKB49, Seven deadly sins, shokugyou koroshiya Zan, Zetman, and Dragon Quest Emblem of Roto 2. Naruto and HxH too then other misc stuff Shoku koro is ending soon though I think.

teach me how to nippon senpai and i can read it with you

;___;

Senpai notices me because we're doukyusei!

I tried to do something similar by getting someone to watch an anime I was constantly recommending in exchange for watching something in return. He pushed for me to watch SAO, and the deal went nowhere.

Didn't see the U and nearly did a spit-take.
With or without the "u" I would've considered it.

Zweizer

Banned
It's tapered off for me recently because I haven't had time to look into new ones. But the ones I'm reading currently are AKB49, Seven deadly sins, shokugyou koroshiya Zan, Zetman, and Dragon Quest Emblem of Roto 2. Naruto and HxH too then other misc stuff Shoku koro is ending soon though I think.

Ooh Zetman I should resume reading this one. Isn't Seven Deadly Sins frequently discussed here though? Although I guess it's mainly your busy schedule that keeps you from reading a good chunk of the series discussed here.

Senpai notices me because we're doukyusei!

I read Seven Deadly Sins too if that means anything...

Shouta

Ooh Zetman I should resume reading this one. Isn't Seven Deadly Sins frequently discussed here though? Although I guess it's mainly your busy schedule that keeps you from reading a good chunk of the series discussed here.

I'm akk caught up with tanks for most of those series. Just harder to find frequently updated raws. Tbh my usual AKB source has dried recently, need to check a few other places.

Rengoku ni Warau 06

IH1Iq6N.jpg

Yes, I'm sure everyone figured out that Orochi is bad news. On the other hand, nice to see the main character get some action and get scared by some other kind of action, lol

I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Trust me we all notice

Erza been hax for awhile now... Remember that time in the Magic Games Final where she pulled out a move that defies the very rules of magic just because she can

The Nakagami Armour consumes an unbelievably high amount of Magic Power, which has prevented anyone from wearing the armour in over ten years; however, the ones who are able to wield it are capable of breaking the laws of Magic, and their sword then becomes invincible, can cut or slice anything, even 'space'.[

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

Trust me we all notice

Erza been hax for awhile now... Remember that time in the Magic Games Final where she pulled out a move that defies the very rules of magic just because she can

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

It's absolute bullshit that's what. In the magic games she stood on her freaking broken leg. Seriously, it doesn't even matter if she is hurt since friendship hax grants immunity to the laws Hiro created.

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 44

Delicious cake to everyone*

So who is not confessing during this arc?

*Just the principal
Monogatari is good!

If he's a dick he'll force you to watch nisemonogatari.
I believe he intends to have me to watch everything.

I had seen a few episodes before the deal, its enjoyable so far, but so much talking, I think I'd rather read it.
I tried to do something similar by getting someone to watch an anime I was constantly recommending in exchange for watching something in return. He pushed for me to watch SAO, and the deal went nowhere.

Yeah, it depends a bit of what you manage to agree. I did Tales of the abyss anime once to get the other person to watch Gurren Lagann, though I ended up not watching ToTA last two episodes.

What was the anime you wanted your friendn to watch?

That still happens huh?

Does Natsu still get bullshit powerups and manages to win against the big bad thanks to the power of friendship too?

Sounds like the usual horseshit in Fairy Tail fights no matter which fucking character it is.

Jitsu wa watashi wa 44

was the author reading Soma at this point LOL?

also it looks like this whole confession thing is gonna continue some more

Himouto! Umaru-chan Ch.1 - 13
Umaru is so goddamn adorable with her little bear hood thing, and her constant weird expressions. Probably because of my current stress with school right now, but I'm almost envying her position.

Yeah, it depends a bit of what you manage to agree. I did Tales of the abyss anime once to get the other person to watch Gurren Lagann, though I ended up not watching ToTA last two episodes.

What was the anime you wanted your friendn to watch?
Shin Mazinger Shougeki Z-Hen. Considering how popular Gurren Lagann is and Shin Mazinger was only two years after that show, seemed like a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom