• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not sure if there is a One Piece manga thread so Ill ask here, is the Flamingo arc over yet?

wonzo

Banned
pochamani 10-14

glad a new group picked this up so i can actually read it. there's something about shoujo series with unconventional protagonists that always drags me in…

aunt tits 146-149

threesome with aunt & fitness girl pls

QQ Sweeper 01-04

Huh, I thought I was reading this before.

Anyway, this seems pretty good. Nice to have a gutsy female lead and a series about supernatural cleaning is different enough for me to keep going.

survivor

Banned
Just out of curiosity, are there any websites or specific rss feeds that focus specifically on recent licensing of manga for the US?

I like manga but prefer things targeted at an older audience (think Shigeru Mizuki's Showa series or the Yoshihiro Tatsumi collections like Abandon the Old Tokyo, rather than Naruto or One Piece). The problem is content like this seems to be a bit out of the mainstream in the current manga licensing world in the US. I'd like to keep abreast of what's coming out.

Also, if you have any reading suggestions based on those works, I'd love to hear them.

I think at this point only Vertical licenses those kind of manga. There is Drawn & Quarterly and Fantagraphics, but I don't know how much committed they are to manga these days. I generally just periodically check out what they have on twitter or whenever ANN covers their press releases.

As for suggestions there is Satoshi Kon manga Tropic of The Sea. Helter Skelter and Pink by Kyoko Okazaki. Sunny from Taiyo Matsumoto. Nijigahara Holograph from Asano and A Distant Neighborhood by Jiro Taniguchi. Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms by Fumiyo Kouno. And I guess everything by Tezuka (Buddha, Phoenix, Apollo's Song) if you haven't already read him.

Noragami 49

Yato father is fucking ruthless. Attacks where it hurts most.

Poor Hiyori, dat cliffhanger. Cant wait for the next chapter, it will be a really interesting development.

wonzo

Banned
Okusan 18
okusan18.png

rip bra's

Keijo 11-12

im gonna be so mad if the mother doesn't pass

Inside Mari 39

lmaoooooooooooooo

Prison School 146

Damn Chiyo is pissed :O

but Kate being the big bad she will likely be spared from whatever happens next chapter due to plot armor

Gentarou

well that escalated quickly...

never would have expected all the chapters to eventually become related and the book having such a fucking dark turn in overall tone.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Rikudou 1-6

Meh, has potential, about boxing and becoming strong. It actually has a decent plot but too many holes to really tie it together. A bit more on the graphic side for those that are interested so be careful, NSFW.

Baka ga Zenra de Yatte Kuru

As a bad writer, this really spoke to me. Some of that shit hits hard.

But what I want to know is if that really was a Fight Club scenario or not.

Prison School 146

THE SCHOOL COUNCIL PRESIDENT MUST PAY FOR THIS ATROCITY

Nana to Kaoru 122

This is so close to being straight hentai. You can't hide this with pens.

Revo

Nah still Alice. That 9hr phonecall.

Assassination Classroom 111

Dayum Nagisa. Looks like we are heading towards the endish game here.

RKD-EK9

Heaven was discovered to be true and that people will only need to accumulate virtue points during their lives to get in, though no one has ever been able to get in. A couple of high school students decide to try and change this.

Pretty good one shot. The progression got a little confusing but damn that ending was pretty good. Perfect as an one shot.

wonzo

Banned
Dream Toy Factory by based kago

If nothing else this taught me just how shittier blitzball could've been.

Prison School 146

noooooooooooo pbr ;-;

Lain

Innocent volume 1

This was deeper than I expected. At the end of the first volume I didn't feel like too many events were actually shown, yet it felt like a lot of things had happened.
I feel for Charles-Henri here, with the way he's treated and how he has to accept his inescapable destiny. I felt for him when he was feeling shame in showing his face to Jean.
I felt for him when his father collapsed and he had to step up. I cheered for him in how he managed to talk his way out of killing the Lion and I was distraught when Jean spit at him.

It was a volume full of feelings, mostly sad feelings, but there was also a certain sense of sweet tenderness because Charles-Henri's innocent soul shone through.

Dolls Code 1-2

This has a fuckawesome setup, but I'm worried the chapter count indicates it got axed. Would suck with how these kinds of stories are usually twist central.

wonzo

Banned
Mob Psycho 100 72-73 + SP 12-13

ONE is hands down the best writer in the business. Amazing.

Stretch 29

the yuribum troll is coming ever closer still. i can feel it…

Zai x Ten 28-31

tbh i wouldve done the same thing with the old con artist so i cant even get mad at the driver

Hirameki Hatsume-chan 23-24

hiramekihatsume28.png

Bleach
I really wanna believe that, I really do.

UQ Holder! 60
All right, he lives.

OPM 60
That's an angle I have never thought about. A hero to monsters.

Sket Dance 280
Oh ok, Director has a reason and strangely, he has a kinda compelling argument. 7 more chapters then. I will miss this series when it ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom