• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Ippo became lacklustre after the Woli fiasco and the one punch comeback in the next fight.

I'd say it was lackluster at that point already, before Woli Ippo was going around fighting gimmick boxers (like that one guy that cheated) which wasn't particularly interesting either. There was also that arc with the comically evil boxer which I thought was pretty bad.

Vito

Banned
tumblr_ng9n6dzzvx1sqqtwzo1_500.jpg

BearChair

I think at this point only Vertical licenses those kind of manga. There is Drawn & Quarterly and Fantagraphics, but I don't know how much committed they are to manga these days. I generally just periodically check out what they have on twitter or whenever ANN covers their press releases.

As for suggestions there is Satoshi Kon manga Tropic of The Sea. Helter Skelter and Pink by Kyoko Okazaki. Sunny from Taiyo Matsumoto. Nijigahara Holograph from Asano and A Distant Neighborhood by Jiro Taniguchi. Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms by Fumiyo Kouno. And I guess everything by Tezuka (Buddha, Phoenix, Apollo's Song) if you haven't already read him.

Alright, well that's too bad.Thanks, though. I've read everything you listed except for Jiro Taniguchi and Fumiyo Kouno, so I'll have to check those out.

Usobuko

Banned
7 Seeds Chapter 10

A group of problem children who failed as an insurance, Team Summer B. That was a nasty revelation to these kids.

dani_dc

Attack on Titan 64

Some nice action here.
Jean killing someone was a good scene.
Hange getting hurt was the least you could ask from the action scene, we've went too long without any main cast character getting hurt.

More hints or answers potentially coming soon.
Not sure I buy that only Ross family can inherent the memories. Historia is still a moron too.

Kenny seemed to have bigger plans of his own, I'm guessing this will become a very messy situation next chapter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 98

Pre-match flashback is probably a huge death flag. Then again, I'm pretty sure Alice and Kurokiba are getting it on in between cooking battles, so perhaps he isn't really losing.

Seraph of the End 28
B4WlIPICcAA9AM0.png

If this battle isnt animated!!! It was amazing teamwork from both best teams combined, and kimizuki put on a great performance, kind of reminded me of Tsukki.

I kind of think Guren may die in this manga for some reason. Perhaps Eusford will be too strong for him?

VRMN

i almost want to play the Nisekoi vita game if only to have the opportunity to NTR Chitoge in Tsugumi's route.
ly8FZ0L.png
Is Vita region-free? I might need to get this even without Haru. Probably not, but the thought of what a Tsugumi win would entail is amusing on its own terms.

Is Vita region-free? I might need to get this even without Haru. Probably not, but the thought of what a Tsugumi win would entail is amusing on its own terms.

yep, the Vita is region free.

You'll have to mess around if you want to deal with the DLC such as the wedding DLC for Nisekoi, lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Iron Maiden 37

The world's most on-the-nose menstruation allegory manga goes off the deep end.

Nisekoi 147-150

I approve of midget girl's habit of referring to Yui as "this". It should probably be expanded to include "that" and "it" as well. Otherwise this was a pretty uninteresting run of chapters, even for this series.

Fukushuu Kyoushitsu 1 (Revenge Classroom)

4005927915czd.jpg

This. This is what I love about manga. It's a heartwarming tale of suffering and revenge where the FeMC, after being bullied almost to the point of death, finally snaps and decides to systematically put her classmates through the same hell they've subjected her to. As the icing on the triple-layer chocolate sponge cake, she's blindingly obvious waifu material. More chapters / victims please.

Everyday Monster Waifus 28

Man, these last two chapters have just emphasised how comparatively terrible the original haremites are. Half-tempted to skip the next one, since I'm fully expecting Centorea's mother to be every bit as insufferable as she is.

Choujin Gakuen 19

50569291odbi.jpg

Jesus christ. This whole confrontation's been utterly bananas, but the Adam & Eve tag-team is taking it to unprecedented levels of pineapples. Sure, it wasn't exactly unexpected, since it'd be odd for the MC of a battle shounen to be a cheerleader for the entire series, but I was expecting something more... light-hearted after the Chairman's display.

Soma 98

Alice.

rGKcdGr.jpg

Alice Mom.

KbQu9W8.gif

Dojima hanging out with four Nakiris like it's nothing. Dojima is the best.
So if Alice and Ryou were rivals for two years before Ryou won a match, he must've won almost every single one since then to pass her.

Busaiku

Gakkyu Hotei will not work as a weekly series.
I liked last week's chapter, cause there were more pages, which fleshed it out well enough.
With like 18 pages, it's just not gonna cut it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soma 98

Pre-match flashback is probably a huge death flag. Then again, I'm pretty sure Alice and Kurokiba are getting it on in between cooking battles, so perhaps he isn't really losing.

This is a Japanese shounen manga.

It'd be a miracle if they have enough sex education to know where to stick what in what.

Zweizer

Banned
I can't recognize Whippy with this new avatar ~(  ̄△ ̄ )~

I have the game right next to me. I should play it, buuuut... Pokemon.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch21-22

Guess we're still nowhere near the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom