• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food Wars! 98

Reconfirmed that Kurokiba Ryou will be the one to win. His backstory was hilarious.

Everyones interest in Soma made for a funny panel.

Best line.
B4XCEXgCEAAD33u.png

Best panel is the young Kurokiba one at the start.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Touching your pocket monsters is like the whole point of Pokemon Amie!

I don't know anything about Pokemon Amie but I touch my pocket monster every day.

Wait, what are we talking about?

With all the hints they gave I wouldn't be surprised that after the inevitable Z (or X2/Y2) they'll release a Delta Emerald version.

Which will take some time though.

If Z/X2/Y2 next year, then it'll probably be a R/B/G/FR/LG remake since the 20th anniversary in 2016.

So earliest of Delta Emerald if it exists is 2017 ~_~

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Koe no Katachi is a garbage tier series because the ending had no babies in it

Zweizer

Banned
Which will take some time though.

If Z/X2/Y2 next year, then it'll probably be a R/B/G/FR/LG remake since the 20th anniversary in 2016.

So earliest of Delta Emerald if it exists is 2017 ~_~

Oh yeah the previous R/B/G remake was in Gen 3 as well. Will be interesting to see how they'll handle a remake of a remake (with the 20th anniversary in sight as you stated, it's pretty likely that Game Freak will put forth something).

Emerald released 2 years and a half after Ruby/Sapphire so early 2017 sounds about right.

Gen 7 suddenly sounds so faraway.

2015's Series Ranking for Male Readers

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-08/kono-manga-ga-sugoi-2015-series-ranking-for-male-readers/.81892

It seems Koe No Katachi was ranked first and Tokyo Ghoul ranked at 12, that's really great.

Didn't expect Mahou Tsukai no Yome to rank #2. What are the series' sales?

Brynhildr

You guys may be able to put the torches and pitchforks away.

Hatsuna looks like she's about to regenerate a whole new body from her alien form.

2015's Series Ranking for Male Readers

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-08/kono-manga-ga-sugoi-2015-series-ranking-for-male-readers/.81892

It seems Koe No Katachi was ranked first and Tokyo Ghoul ranked at 12, that's really great.

I really wonder if readers in Japan were satisfied with the ending to Koe No Katachi.

15. Haikyu!! (tie)

Yes liked by males and females. No kurobas in sight.

Odd how Assassination Classroom is off the list this year. Only other manga on the male list I read is All You Need Is Kill and Arslan. I wouldnt really have put either manga up there.

Zweizer

Banned
RKD-EK9 (One-shot) by NisiOisiN & Obata Takeshi

Getting to heaven through science.

A rather fun short story. Reminds me of The Thanatonauts.

Usobuko

Banned
After 12 chapters or so, the lack of detailed drawing on the landscape is holding 7 seeds back for a post apocalyptic story. A lot panels are close-ups.

It's hard to get a feel of the setting.

Kieli

Pretty interesting feature article on Food Wars.

Offered some insight into the series I don't think ManGAF would like, haha.

Also, didn't know that artists usually don't have much input into story during collabs.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
After 12 chapters or so, the lack of detailed drawing on the landscape is holding 7 seeds back for a post apocalyptic story. A lot panels are close-ups.

It's hard to get a feel of the setting.

I'd like to say it gets better, but I'm not sure if it's the fantastic character development which is clouding my judgment.

The characters are fantastic in creating the setting.

I do like the art though. It's very... Impressionistic.

Usobuko

Banned
I'd like to say it gets better, but I'm not sure if it's the fantastic character development which is cloudung my judgment.

The characters are fantastic in creating the setting.

Well, I like pretty much every other aspect except for this. This is more of me nitpicking.

Shengar

This is a Japanese shounen manga.

It'd be a miracle if they have enough sex education to know where to stick what in what.

Just make a doughnut and éclair analogy and I'm sure they'd get it, they're chefs after all.

Might want to be careful with that though. They might look at the shape and stick it in the wrong hole.
This is the best forum banter I've seen in a while
Nah. He's just here to show off his new avatar.

Hekk is terrible, now he post all day in GabeN thread :<

Usobuko

Banned
It would bomb. Otaku wouldn't be able to relate to the character and they'd hate it. It's why harem leads have to be losers that inextricably attract every attractive girl around them

It doesn't have to be a loser.

They can also be Kyon / Koyomi Araragi like protagonist. Cynical and / or laid back guys without any notable traits for self-insert purposes.

Shengar

Haikyu have some part/arcs that covers girls volley ball right?

It doesn't have to be loser.

They can also be Kyon / Koyomi Araragi like protagonist. Cynical and / or laid back guys without any notable traits for self-insert purposes.

I believe most otaku have cynical point of view as well. Social outcast usually have typical way of thinking.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
If it's licensed I don't think that you're allowed to talk about scanners.

essentially, i need to buy food wars! my collection has been waning recently.

Edit:

Tokyo Ghoul Re: Chapter 9

That last page...

eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png
eKgIXWI.png

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 9

Seriously, this series has got to have the best set of opening chapters ever. Every single one from chapter 1 has been good.

So it seems the CCG has Touka and Ayato mixed up. I wonder if Ayato took on that rabbit mask to protect her?

Akira mourning the loss of Amon? :(

Quinx are actual half-ghouls, just inhibited. I forsee Urie deciding to go 100% and losing control and attacking his comrades at some point.

Excited to see Suzuya, but more importantly, Renji and Touka! Dat title drop!

I must admit I have to look up character names every once and a while. So many characters.

I still don't know who Akira is but I do know who Suzuya and Arima are... The list of names is too much, I'm expecting for this to go much deeper.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 9

Seriously, this series has got to have the best set of opening chapters ever. Every single one from chapter 1 has been good.

So it seems the CCG has Touka and Ayato mixed up. I wonder if Ayato took on that rabbit mask to protect her?

Akira mourning the loss of Amon? :(

Quinx are actual half-ghouls, just inhibited. I forsee Urie deciding to go 100% and losing control and attacking his comrades at some point.

Excited to see Suzuya, but more importantly, Renji and Touka! Dat title drop!

I must admit I have to look up character names every once and a while. So many characters.

jeez about time that tokyo ghoul dropped, the wait was real. Lol'd at the cafe being called re. "RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE? How do you pronounce that?"

Mob Psycho 100 74

Call me crazy, but I like ONE's art. Panels like this one here go along so well with his dry humor.
On the right, wider pupils, a few lines to show that Mob's blushing and a "dreamy" texture as the only background show Mob's "happiness", while, on the left, narrow pupils, long face and a more regular background show his disappointment. It can't get much simpler than that, and I think it's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom