• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria 06

Girls dress up and girls fantasize about each other chapter.

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer Graphic Vol.1-2

vhJ9k5el.jpg

Animal knights collect together with the princess to help her save the world from an oversized hammer and then help her punch it in the face.

Well then, the protag is kinda of an ass. Even two volumes in. Pretty interested in seeing more knights get introduced and I guess where this story ends up going.

Though that end of volume 2 :[[[[[[[[[[[[

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

vhJ9k5el.jpg

Animal knights collect together with the princess to help her save the world from an oversized hammer and then help her punch it in the face.

Well then, the protag is kinda of an ass. Even two volumes in. Pretty interested in seeing more knights get introduced and I guess where this story ends up going.

IT CAME OUT ALREADY?! MUST BUY!

Children Can't Choose Their Parents

Already read this iirc

has some dude fucking a chicken who he believes is his lover, so wierd as hell

And closing out week 5 with Mayple-san no Koucha Jikan

another book full of a particular story trope but it was decent enough to go through (even though the short chapter count might have had a hand in that).

Stars a robot girl who is ridiculously nice compared to what her type usually is and how that cheery personality is enough to sway the others who should hate and fear her kind and in essence be welcomed, etc. So most of the tropes related to that story is all on display here
(very nice robot compared to the others due to creator having a change of heart, people scarred by her existence due to what happened, her endless optimism to help cause them to see that she's not like the others, slowly changes certain character, "evil" person who wants her because of her past, and the list goes on )

Not sure why they used them (especially that look) for war anyways (unless its a "you would never expect it" kinda thing) but *shrug*

So ends week 5 and its kinda funny how 4 out of the 5 books have this theme of characters not really being human even though they look like it (either actually being an animal or some artificial lifeforms, or in some dude crazy mind) and i wonder if its intentional on whippy's part lol

vhJ9k5el.jpg

Wait you are just reading now for the first time? hmmmm interested in hearing your impressions.

also in reference to your end of volume 2 response i assume your are talking about
dog knight
, right...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So ends week 5 and its kinda funny how 4 out of the 5 books have this theme of characters not really being human even though they look like it (either actually being an animal or some artificial lifeforms, or in some dude crazy mind) and i wonder if its intentional on whippy's part lol.

Nah. You give me too much credit.

Big One

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul: re 9

She's baaack.

Also like the reintroduction to the coffee shop to the series. It's obviously a new one but it's about time to get in familiar territory.

Really interested what'll eventually happen with the Aogiri Tree. I'm guessing there's going to eventually be an outright war between them and the CCG at some point.

Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 9 Spoilers !!!!!

sQy7mWa.jpg

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Is this a dream.

Cl8pt8z.jpg

Holy shit a three year timeskip can do wonders for a character. Sweet Jesus Touka is fuckin gorgeous, she's like Goddess Tier level. Damn Ishida's art has really complemented her, he's really grown as an artist. But damn that collar bone, that hair, that face, that everything. Best girl period. Seeing Yomo's reaction is hilarious, it seems as if he's seen a ghost. Then again he's definitely seeing a ghost right in front of him.

SVhw2sB.jpg

Also Ishida and his twist, he seriously made the Coffeeshop named after Re which is the name of the sequel ☺️

Anyways we see Urie being a edgelord like always. We also find out about Suzuya and how it pretty much confirms that Tokyo Ghoul:Joker is cannon whoohoo. And Suzuya is also investigating the Nutcracker ghoul, ahahahahaha :) You'll understand why it's funny if you've read Tokyo Ghoul. Then we get back to Ayato who seems to soften up a bit hmmmm. Well at least it's nice to see him change.

This chapter was a 20/10 for me mainly because of Touka. I really can't wait for her reaction.

Vito

Banned
So when is Tokyo Ghoul manga getting it's OT....

Also if that's Touka, the author is a shit, ruining her awesome tomboyish looks.

vhJ9k5el.jpg

Anime when. ;_;

It's 2007 as hell but I just powered through...

Me~teru no Kimochi

I didn't read it back when Gantz first when on hiatus because I was too lazy to follow it weekly and didn't know how far it'd end up. But DAMN, even though Gantz took a nosedive in quality not too soon after this started up this was a great read. The transition from "mother" to "girlfriend" wasn't creepy at all, but some of those sex scenes were pretty tasteless but this Oku we're talking about. When Oku is on point for writing though you get sucked in which is how I felt when I blazed through Inu Yashiki a month or two back. The dialogue is never really expansive with his works I've found but he gets straight to the point which is why it's so easy to sink it. Ending was pretty lacking but it was a decent ride overall. Would recommend.

Mob Psycho 100 74

Call me crazy, but I like ONE's art. Panels like this one here go along so well with his dry humor.
On the right, wider pupils, a few lines to show that Mob's blushing and a "dreamy" texture as the only background show Mob's "happiness", while, on the left, narrow pupils, long face and a more regular background show his disappointment. It can't get much simpler than that, and I think it's perfect.
I actually agree. The only fault of ONE's art is the lack of detail, but it's so good at delivering everything else that it doesn't really matter.

Revo

Kubera s2ch114

God damn is that a bomb? It better not be a bomb.
And I bet the skill lets him warp to wherever a piece of him is.

Nightbird

So, i had a shitton to do the last few days, but now i'm starting to read Tokyo Gohul.

Chapter 1
It was absolutley obvious that she was a Gohul, but i did not except her to implant her Organs in Kaneki. Kinda gross.
So yeah, definetly a great start, i hope it gets better along the Way!

dani_dc

Fuuka 43

Se get a look into drummer life. Dads an asshole and for no reason is embarrassed that his kid wants to plat Piano.
Funny how no one asks You how he is after he disappeared for months.

Anyways we see Urie being a edgelord like always. We also find out about Suzuya and how it pretty much confirms that Tokyo Ghoul:Joker is cannon whoohoo. And Suzuya is also investigating the Nutcracker ghoul, ahahahahaha :) You'll understand why it's funny if you've read Tokyo Ghoul. Then we get back to Ayato who seems to soften up a bit hmmmm. Well at least it's nice to see him change.

This chapter was a 20/10 for me mainly because of Touka. I really can't wait for her reaction.

yo that shits not funny. I don't like Suzu but he's the bro simply out of pity.

dani_dc

Fuuka

'The legend continues' is starting to get annoying... Nothing much legendary about trying to get bandmates to sign on.

We need a twist to live things up.

Like Yuu getting hit by a truck and then his former bandmates get together to fulfill his dream of fulfilling Fuuka dream!

Revo

Scientia 1-7 (end)

Didn't really know what to read, decided to try out one of wonzo's club reads, ended up picking the last one on the list. That said.

All 7 stories were really good. Different from each other yet all had a very good heart in them that other stories about people sometimes lack. Only complaint is that there isn't more >:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom