• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

Vagabond 322

Finally caught up. I'm glad the bleakness of the last few dozen chapters is now over. Was hard for me to see the villagers starve and die.
I wonder whether Takezo will return here to live with Otsu, Jotaro and Iori in the end.

rMuFvCL.jpg

Damn :0 That far right though.

Macchi Shoujo (one-shot) (The Little Match Girl)
Psych.

New favourite one-shot? New favourite one-shot. This is basically everything I look for in a manga. It's a 'be careful what you wish for' story about a match seller (surprisingly enough) whose wares turn fantasies into reality. Naturally, her buyer ends up abusing them in predictable fashion, with delicious consequences.

The premise ticks all the right boxes for me - it's episodic by nature, stars an unsettling FeMC overseer, and revolves around the golden trinity of morality / suffering / karmic retribution. The art has an appealing rough harshness to it, and I really liked the concept and designs of the matches' 'effects'. My biggest regret is that it ended so soon. If only the author'd turn it into a full serie--

2058840ltung.jpg

brb, dying happy

Think I've caught up on the last month now, so hopefully I'll be able to make some SbS club progress soon.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
rMuFvCL.jpg

Damn :0 That far right though.

I really hope some romance sprouts between Touka and Kaneki, it may never work out but it certainly adds more to the plot. The way the chapter is going to play out is them ignoring Kaneki or see him or someone who's familiar. Tokyo Ghoul has to be the best manga in terms of development I've read, its not predictable and there is a ton of detail in between the lines of the story.

Edit:

Please tell me someone picked it up to bring it state side. PLEASE!!!

1418064288415uwx2i.jpg

If Ryou and Akira are "monsters", then Soma is like that one character who grinded until he was 20 lvls higher than either of them.

Or Final Boss tier.

Anyway, they're still doing a terrible job at making him look like an underdog.

Also,

Mama and Daughter tagteam against a flustered Erina can't come soon enough.

I really hope some romance sprouts between Touka and Kaneki, it may never work out but it certainly adds more to the plot. The way the chapter is going to play out is them ignoring Kaneki or see him or someone who's familiar. Tokyo Ghoul has to be the best manga in terms of development I've read, its not predictable and there is a ton of detail in between the lines of the story.

Edit:

Please tell me someone picked it up to bring it state side. PLEASE!!!

Viz has officially licensed the series. The first Vol is gonna come out on June so hooray.

Shirokuma Café 06-12

The amount of puns they go through is amazing.

Brave Frontier - Haruto no Shoukan Nikki 05

Oh now he got his gems. Time for the rerolling to start.

Kieli

Anyway, they're still doing a terrible job at making him look like an underdog.

If you read the interview afterward, the authors flat-out state they already envisioned all the scenarios where Soma beats the really strong chefs at Culinary-Highschool-Who's-Name-I-Forgot.

Lirlond

Read Hero Academia. Wow. What an amazing new series. So strong right out the gate! And those colour spreads. Call me impressed.

Just finished my second read through of the Lucifer and Biscuit hammer and it was still an amazing experience the second time around. Seriously, I highly recommend this series to anyone who hasn't read it. It starts off a bit slow, but once it picks up steam it's just an amazing read, and the ending is so, so satisfying. It isn't that long either, being only 65 chapters (10 volumes). I did this whole reread today. So fantastic. I'm so sad we'll likely never get an anime

Fox318

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

I don't think there are any words I can put together to describe how magnificint this is. So bright and vivid yet filled with emotion and humanity.

The New Gate 02

Ok, I do enjoy these hey here's what happened to the world after the story ended stories. Gives a lot of life to this and even more amusing where everything the hero had is now worth billions, lol

UQ Holder whatever-61

the harem begins. hope Ken realizes nobody trusts him to give this one a satisfying ending.

Yamada

so suddenly everyone in this has crazy colored hair thanks to the anime, alright. also any chapter that revolves around Shirashi = terrible, so uh, this chapter was terrible.

Lain

Giant Killing volume 25-26
Zzjb.jpg
a0jb.jpg

Volume 25 spends a lot of time on Hata's flashback, culminating with the resolution between the skulls and the ETU management. Well, resolution... not really a resolution, but it did resolve a couple things and it did set in motions certain events that volume 26 expanded on.
Volume 26 was majestic, goddamn it! Seeing Tsubaki
pumped and confident and make those play!
Though the start of the game, in their own ways, are Gino and Akasaki imo, though Tsubaki still closed the volume on such an action 27 is gonna be a volume full of excitement.

Mix volume 4
b0jb.jpg

The comedic cues in this volume were great. Some of the best during the game, be it what the jealous sister says during the game or what the players say about the coach or the other players.
The game itself was nice, though ending the volume just as the 9th inning starts is evil.

Short Program Girl's Type
j0jb.jpg

Some stories are better than others (I liked the first 3, which were linked, the most) but it's still an Adachi work, so overall it was pretty nice. The older stories reinforce how much the art improved (or better to say evolved?) over time while staying close to his character archetypes.

Nisekoi Vol.06

5GHUZoAl.jpg

I'll admit, dere dere Chitoge is a tolerable character. Tsun tsun Chitoge is still garbage.

Metal Gear Raku didn't work as well but those 4komas at the end were pretty hilarious.

Saigo no Hito

super interesting use of tape

Mousouka, Koi o Suru. 5.5

Such dorks.

Itsuka Tomodachi ja Nakunaru to Shite mo 04

Awwww, cute ending. Sweet story, really liked this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom