• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

My problem with naruto is the world

There is absolutely no world building. Remember being intrigued by the setting but that went nowhere.

Yeah Naruto pre-timeskip is pretty cool. All that fight when chakra does matter makes the battle feel tense. But after that.....lol

Can't remember how many times they retcon chakra.

Now apparently it explains which element you're good at when it was somewhat like Qi before.

Shengar

Woa, we are pile of negativity? H-how does that possible when the only thing we do is posting smut stuffs? D:

My problem with naruto is the world

There is absolutely no world building. Remember being intrigued by the setting but that went nowhere.

Yep, that too.
I really wish that instead of taking edgy route with Sasuke and shits, Kishi will just makes Naruto taking contracts and stuff. The thing differentiate One Piece is its worldbuilding.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer END

Talking about it made me want to reread again. Goddamn it is still so good. Especially the ending. Definitely one of the few mangas that ended strongly.

This scene... (Might as well spoiler it)

http://i.imgur.com/pwJV4An.png

Just...

wkpPx5v.jpg

kasane

Woa, we are pile of negativity? H-how does that possible when the only thing we do is posting smut stuffs? D:

Yep, that too.
I really wish that instead of taking edgy route with Sasuke and shits, Kishi will just makes Naruto taking contracts and stuff. The thing differentiate One Piece is its worldbuilding.
HxH too. Naruto is basically a fucking landscape with trees, some snow stuff and other hidden villages here and there. It never really mattered tho as it never played a major part in the battles.

hallelujah overdrive 2

Remember starting this a while back. Guess ill finish up the tld chapters

Shengar

Those who recommend Kouji Seo's work so easy like it was handing a cupcake should be rightly deemed as criminal.

HxH too. Naruto is basically a fucking landscape with trees, some snow stuff and other hidden villages here and there. It never really mattered tho as it never played a major part in the battles.

I'm not a fan of gratuitous worldbuilding, but Naruto's is close to nil. Not even Kishi care to shed light the background of things unless it become central/relevant to the ongoing, which most of the time will muddled it.

Erigu

Naruto is basically a fucking landscape with trees, some snow stuff and other hidden villages here and there. It never really mattered tho as it never played a major part in the battles.
I like how Kishimoto routinely forgets that the villages are supposed to be fighting for countries/Daimyô. "Yep, let's prepare for a new war and ally ourselves! No need to check with the Daimyô or anything, really! And as the enemy forces advance, they're going to have to cross this and that villages. What do you mean, "countries"?"

kasane

Hallelujah overdrive 18

The law of translation is that when the manga is getting good you have to wait for a long time

Antiwhippy

Huh, really?

Wouldn't it be a lot of banners though if everyone makes it through? Which I assume most people will, if not all.

A special banner for your recs if you manage to endure it all.

I should point out, since saying it that way is a little misleading:

There will be a banner and everyone who survives can put one work (ongoing or completed) of their choice on it.

If everyone survives we might have to have one banner for the first 200 pages and another for the second 200 pages cos that'll be almost 20 recs.

Zweizer

Banned
Huh, really?

Wouldn't it be a lot of banners though if everyone makes it through? Which I assume most people will, if not all.

It's just one banner containing all the recs.

Those that survive and make it all the way to the end will get to choose one recommendation to put in a new banner in the new OT, called the "We survived Suzuka by MangaGAF Hero Seo Kouji so here's some less dumb recommendations" banner.

Antiwhippy

Alright, seems more reasonable.

Can't imagine people who have come this far would drop out though. Suzuka and seo in general seems bad but definitely doesn't seem to be the kind of thing that people can't work through.

Shengar

Well,, Costi-kun (mostly) asking it to the regulars of this thread, which already familiar to Seo's work. But giving such recommendation to unfrequent comer is just mean D:

Zweizer

Banned
Alright, seems more reasonable.

Can't imagine people who have come this far would drop out though. Suzuka and seo in general seems bad but definitely doesn't seem to be the kind of thing that people can't work through.

saucy almost dropped out (still pending) although that was due to time constraints. Who knows, maybe there will be some incredible bullshit that'll make us all rage too much to bother continue reading it. We're barely halfway through after all.

You can't just do that, there is proper process involving defense attorneys and prosecutors and judges

Finally time for Ace Prosecutor panda to shine?

upandaway

I tried but gave up due to too many characters. 4koma'ing this is impossible. Can't even draw the defendant.

gLqbjTu.jpg

The Tortured Turnabout on hiatus indefinitely

upandaway

I like you and you're a cool guy but be reasonable, I put like 5 dang gosh minutes into drawing it and I still couldn't do it.

Besides there isn't any impartial judge in here.

dani_dc

Its not as if I dislike Naruto for the fun of it, I stiill love pre-timeskip Naruto, there's just a drop of quality afterwards. The idea that an entire group of people hates something they like just for the sake of hating comes of cognitive dissonance.

Some people just worship MangaGAF Hero Seo Kouji.

Or like to cause suffering.
Why not both?

Yep, that too.

Kishi doesn't care unless it's Sasuke Sasuke Sasuke.

Pachael

I don't have anyone to discuss it anyway. ;_;

No reads the other stuff I read either lol.

I do read the Mandarin version, which is pretty up to date. Waiting for the big 200.

You didn't perchance get to see/read much of the AKB49 musical posted prior?

Reading the impressions that URA48 had (Spoilers to Vol 5), the preview had a bit more camp than I thought (reminded me of the type of camp from the Sakura Taisen musicals) but Sae Miyazawa as Minori fit like a glove - she looked to do very well and it felt that she had that aura Yuko talked of (That's all I could understand).

It's time for a Shouta book club!

I'll never get tired of this actually.

Now if only there's a manga for australian football.

Will it be based on Hirdy? (lol)

bjork

The only times this thread seemed smug or elitist is when... I don't even remember who it was, but the one guy would reply to posts and lecture people with a big ass riot act about how his opinion was fact and it was just annoying to read or to scroll past. But I feel like that was a long time ago?

Other than that, the only real knock here is not keeping up with all of the series nicknames, but in my experience people are good about offering the actual name if someone asks, so even that isn't a big deal. Maybe that person just got clowned by someone and took it the wrong way or something, who knows.

upandaway

I could be wrong about this since I didn't count anything, but it feels like Naruto is the most discussed of the Big 3, or even most discussed period, manga in the thread. Even if a lot of people post about OP, for example, more often than with Naruto it's single impressions rather than a discussion. And I do catch a lot of the Naruto discussions are purely about the content without any shaming. So I don't know, it seems like they talk more about what happened here 4 years ago than the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom