• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
I just wanted to state even though I've been skipping a lot of manga thoughts for the Big Three lately, I will be writing a series retrospect on Naruto, highlighting both the good and bad of it so to speak. Mostly bad, but unbiased, and it will obviously include lines such as "Naruto makes the Star Wars prequels look like Shakespeare." and other things of that nature.

One Piece

I like what One Piece is doing right now. This whole arc is really clicking for me and if Oda doesn't ruin any of his momentum right now this arc will easily be the best arc in the entire series. Everything in this arc is flowing together very nicely, similar to the CP9 arc before it. At first it was kind of a clusterfuck but now that things are coming together, it's making a lot of the "clusterfuck" elements have more meaning to them which is great.

Bleach

I'm "catching up" so to speak. Been skipping this for weeks and everytime I read a chapter I get exhausted. I think I'm on the part where Rukia is fighting that vampire-looking dude.

Reason being, this is more of the same shit. Over and over again all Bleach is constantly fights after fight. Bleach's direction isn't bad, but the journey is. I wish Kubo will try to do something different for once cause it's boring me to tears to see characters doing nothing but fighting. Where's the character development? Where's the comedy? I want chapters where characters DON'T fight for once, please.

Bleach does this sometimes, but it's so minimal it makes up probably about only 5% of the entire manga. Everything else is fights, and all the fights are very same-ish with nothing different happening in them.

I do appreciate how unique the Quincies are in terms of what their powers are, but regardless, it's still more of the same shit. We all know the Quincies are losing to the Shinigami.

It's sad too cause I heard Hitsugaya is dead and is now a zombie, and I was looking forward to seeing this. But I have to get past all of these boring crap to get to it.

Baka ga Zenra de Yattekuru 09

As abrupt as it felt as an ending, I liked it. It shed some light on the naked man and pretty much set his character that we saw throughout the other chapters.

This feels like I should reread the series again, but I'll put it off, lol

so you're telling me the ending has a separate thread?

i wonder what would be the next iteration of wednesday gaf

the manga itself got a thread sometime ago, now its all about the ending since its gonna end (while complaining how this thread was being negative,etc at certain points).

as for your other question i would say the bleach thread (which actually started as an ending arc thread) would be next, whenever that is approaching the home stretch. Although that might not have a similar draw.

Saito-kun wa Chounouryokusha Rashii end

Calling this a "troll ending" would be an understatement. It's like it got cancelled mid-chapter.

Incredible.

dani_dc

Avoiding getting myself dragged to weekly OP vs Bleach (vs Naruto) with wednesdaygaf was one of the reason why I lurked this thread for years before starting to post. I'd get stressed out just reading the arguements.

I have no idea who that is D:

As said by AquaWateria, one of the girls in Kimi no Iru Machi, I heavily recommend its reading when you're done with Suzuka.

Avoiding getting myself dragged to weekly OP vs Bleach (vs Naruto) with wednesdaygaf was one of the reason why I lurked this thread for years before starting to post. I'd get stressed out just reading the arguements.

hmm when i posted it seemed alright until each book started to be filtered into one poster and that made the thread an hassle.

apparently it was bad in "the glory days" also with Grimace and those peeps (Ignis of TWGOK fame vs Freshmaker) but i didn't really lurk much in that thread (checked out the Gundam 00 threads though LOL)

As said by AquaWateria, one of the girls in Kimi no Iru Machi, I heavily recommend its reading when you're done with Suzuka.

WHY?

kasane

the manga itself got a thread sometime ago, now its all about the ending since its gonna end (while complaining how this thread was being negative,etc at certain points).

as for your other question i would say the bleach thread (which actually started as an ending arc thread) would be next, whenever that is approaching the home stretch. Although that might not have a similar draw.

i knew they made a separate thread i just thought the ending is somehow getting another one

scy

I probably missed the highlights of the WednesdayGAF stuff in OT1 but I was lurking / posting in OT2-4+. Good times.

wonzo

Banned
Gundam Sousei 1-24 END
gundamsousei24.jpg

Ever since watching Garzey's Wing for the first time I've had this Tomino shaped hole in my heart that just wouldn't be filled. No matter how many insane names, Brain Powerd, & Xabungle screens I'd see; it was never enough! Now, a normal person would say I should've just watched the Gundam Trilogy but, I am only a mere man whom is crippled by the dark force of procrastination, forever putting it off…

but now…

but NOW i've seen the error of my ways thanks to this historically accurate retelling of tomino's revolutionary uprising. the mad genius king whom guided his flock to a bright future rife with the death of naming conventions, many a character, and a bizarre hatred of women. I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT IN ALL ITS WEIRD GLORY

i… i shall fix the error of my ways by watching greco and finishing off gbf in time for the sequel

thank you, tomino…

knowshon-moreno-cryin3xqel.gif

It's pretty funny how the naruto ending thread is basically wednesdayGaf.

I was just about to post this. Pretty hilarious.

Anyway, time for my first manga impressions in ages:

Shigurui 22

Man, this is pretty dark. I'm a sucker for chanbara so I thought this would be right up my alley but it took a few chapters. I like that basically every single character seems to be fucked up or damaged in some way. Can't wait to see how this rivalry between Gennosuke and Seigen ends.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Attn:

The Naruto thread thinks you all are shit for not liking Naruto:

Not much hate going on here, unless you mean the other thread. That's why I haven't posted in it. I just like discussing things with the big fans here where the haterade is kept to a minimum while still criticizing nicely and still enjoying things.

I see a lot of people stating that they lost interest after the start of the 4th war arc. I am critical of some things in the manga, but its not that bad right? I guess its because its been going on for a long time.

Also, I don't know how, but the anime has been winning my interest as of late, and confirms to me that the arc is differently much more suited for in-motion than manga stills.

It's why I'm so happy we have this exclusive Naruto Manga thread. The main manga thread gets so fucking elitist and smug sometimes, it smothers any possible discussion. Without fail it always turns into a competition of who can shit on Naruto the most. As if it's the only piece of fiction going on this long that has had ups and downs. Despite that, the "haters" keep reading it anyway. Really makes it look like a symptom of 'the cool thing to hate on' syndrome.

For everything that's happened, both good and crazy, it's been one hell of a ride.

Yeah I don't really like to post in the manga or anime super threads. It's just a pile of negativity in there

kasane

Gundam Sousei 1-24 END

Ever since watching Garzey's Wing for the first time I've had this Tomino shaped hole in my heart that just wouldn't be filled. No matter how many insane names, Brain Powerd, & Xabungle screens I'd see; it was never enough! Now, a normal person would say I should've just watched the Gundam Trilogy but, I am only a mere man whom is crippled by the dark force of procrastination, forever putting it off…

but now…

but NOW i've seen the error of my ways thanks to this historically accurate retelling of tomino's revolutionary uprising. the mad genius king whom guided his flock to a bright future rife with the death of naming conventions, many a character, and a bizarre hatred of women. I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT IN ALL ITS WEIRD GLORY

i… i shall fix the error of my ways by watching greco and finishing off gbf in time for the sequel

thank you, tomino…

knowshon-moreno-cryin3xqel.gif
this gif gets me every time

Attn:

The Naruto thread thinks you all are shit for not liking Naruto:

lmao. I think its alright for us who dislike the particular manga to voice our opinions. Its not like im saying they're shit for liking naruto, heck i liked it before too.

People who take everything seriously are funny.

bjork

Kenka Shoubai - It looked like a fighting manga, but then the majority of the first chapter is a crisis over the guy's boner pointing the wrong way. Then he molests this girl in front of the class, and asks if he can go to her house. She says yes, then he calls his teacher:

What the hell am I reading? I need more dudes with sticks.

kasane

Kenka Shoubai - It looked like a fighting manga, but then the majority of the first chapter is a crisis over the guy's boner pointing the wrong way. Then he molests this girl in front of the class, and asks if he can go to her house. She says yes, then he calls his teacher:

What the hell am I reading? I need more dudes with sticks.

im asking you the same question

bjork

well ' raping a girl in front of class ' should already be a red flag

I suppose, though that isn't what I said? Anyway, there's fighting now, but it's kinda silly. dudes fighting over insults. Don't know if I'll continue on. Really, I just want a continuation of Worst.

kasane

I suppose, though that isn't what I said? Anyway, there's fighting now, but it's kinda silly. dudes fighting over insults. Don't know if I'll continue on. Really, I just want a continuation of Worst.

oh yeah i misread that

anyways i think its a train wreck

lol

kasane

My honest opinion of naruto is that its really really horrible

It just grew on people ( which is fine ). Its just a shonen manga that lacks a lot of things and the current arc is really fucking stupid.

rrvv

Nanatsu no Taizai 97

Round 2. FIGHT!!

Gundam Sousei 1-24 END

but now…

thank you, tomino…

I see that you have seen the light

tumblr_ma45piOeH41qzbqw1o1_400.gif

Naruto was fantastic. That Gara vs Rock Lee fight was incredible.

So was the various Shikamaru fights. Problem is everything went to shit after the timeskip, with huge fucking summons and explosions, not to mention Sasuke's heel/face/heel/face turns, and Orochimaru 'died' like a bitch.

I still like it though. Not as much as before but it's an ok read.

Bleach too, was at one point really good (until the reveal of Aizen [and no, Aizen was fun, it was the story that's the problem]).

Shengar

Yeah Naruto pre-timeskip is pretty cool. All that fight when chakra does matter makes the battle feel tense. But after that.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom