• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Fan Poll of Finished Manga in 2014

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-12-16/tokyo-ghoul-tops-fan-poll-of-manga-that-finished-serialization-in-2014/.82214

I thought Naruto would rank at first, but instead it was Tokyo Ghoul. Then again Tokyo Ghoul was a mind fuck ending.

Also A Silent Voice didn't make it, did people really not like the ending?

YES MY BROTHER! TOKYO GHOUL SHALL MAKE HISTORY!

Celebrated finishing my C++ final by eating some takoyaki!
rb5u1Nu.jpg

And also some chilled soba but that's boring.

Yoooo, I gotta put up a pic of all the asian cuisines I enjoy.

Yakitate!! Japan 208

Meh this just got too ridiculous. Its not even funny.

I just dropped it after he transcended time itself.

It's starting to get painful and I'm at chapter 134. How much worse does it get?

Much worse. It gets over the top and the only redeeming thing about it all is the heroine. Waifu material and she's a 18 out of 10.

Yooo this is like being a vip

Goddamn

Yo Kasane, invite a bro next time. I'm starving over here.

Akito

I thought you were celebrating getting a C++ grade on your final.
I need some sleep.
Hey, at least I finally got around finishing reading Touch.
Now I'm only behind all other book clubs.

Where're muh impressions, don't think you can get away with it just because I'm on vacation.

Yakitate!! Japan 242 END

What an ending lol.

But overall I can only feel disappointed by how this manga has gone on. Wasted characters and backstories developed earlier in favor to be a more outrageous gag manga.

But bread zombies is a sight to see.

Revo

Jack, the American Ghost 42

Oh no, a reason for them to separate :(

And it looks like Jack might be able to get some healing.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Your making me want to drop the manga even though I adore Tsukino.

I wish Tsukino had some romancu

Yakitate!! Japan 242 END

What an ending lol.

But overall I can only feel disappointed by how this manga has gone on. Wasted characters and backstories developed earlier in favor to be a more outrageous gag manga.

I seriously hated that manga. Tsukino made it tolerably.

"Hey"

"How's it going?"

"Nice view from here, huh?"

"Should warn you not to lean so far out"

"Don't want you falling to your death or anything"

Must read it now. Also, great dialogue.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yakitate!! Japan 242 END

What an ending lol.

Yakitate ending sure is something. Kawachi becoming the butt of the joke kinda make me sad, since he's the underdog character that have good progression in early chapter.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Aku no Hana 1-2

Wow, this manga is really really good. The vivid imagery and transformation of his emotions onto the canvas on the manga is just superb. He's gonna keep on falling down it seems. Time to read more!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Omg, ive just read a couple of chapters for aku no hana... it is too good, i love seeing the dismantling of the protag's psyche. i feel like this girl is his inner demon, sad thing is is that she is real.

Yakitate!! Japan 242 END

What an ending lol.

After the Monaco arc the manga loses any form of direction and it looks like the author didn't have planned the overarching plot to stretch beyond that point. It would have been easy then to wrap things up, given the very few strings still loose, but the editors must have insisted on milking the gag/reaction part of the manga, with the opposite effect of making it less entertaining.
Even the reactions start feeling "forced" more often than not.
It's funny that, during the arc, the author himself jokes about the series running for many more years and you see a panel he's drawing with Azuma playing football.
A pity, but the first 100 chapters or so are really hilarious, way more than Soma (just to pick another similarly-themed manga).

Usobuko

Banned
Omg, ive just read a couple of chapters for aku no hana... it is too good, i love seeing the dismantling of the protag's psyche. i feel like this girl is his inner demon, sad thing is is that she is real.

It's Boys on the Run elementary school edition

I kid.

kasane

I dont think i can go back to plebian status on hotels

Fuck my food is free, anything i want to drink is free, transportation is free.

Shiiiit. I dont have internet on my room tho fuck

Usobuko

Banned
I think the most beautiful aspect of Bambino! is under the intricate illustration of Italian cuisine and the thrill of watching the rise of a (talented) underdog lies the nitty gritty turmoils of life.

Life sucks, shit happens, thing doesn't always go as plan.

The manga doesn't adequately prepare the reader for each twist life has in place for the characters. Still, they handle them with admirable maturity and composure. All these while where the restaurant's operation is at full throttle. For that it scores point in its overflowing realism of a restaurant life and its people.

I like it. I would rate it higher if not for the somewhat anti-climatic ending to seed the foundation of the sequel, Bambino! Secondo.

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone familiar with Nodoka Turimaki works?

He does a bit more that these, some which are short series or one shots. Not sure which to take note of in future.

dani_dc

Where're muh impressions, don't think you can get away with it just because I'm on vacation.
I'll get around writing some impression towards the weekend when I have some time to sit down in front of the PC.

Yakitate ending sure is something. Kawachi becoming the butt of the joke kinda make me sad, since he's the underdog character that have good progression in early chapter.

I only saw the anime, but Kawachi treatment always depressed me. He was by far the most relatable character in the manga, and also the more interesting one to follow since he wasn't a genius like everyone else.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I'll get around writing some impression towards the weekend when I have some time to sit down in front of the PC.

I only saw the anime, but Kawachi treatment always depressed me. He was by far the most relatable character in the manga, and also the more interesting one to follow since he wasn't a genius like everyone else.

Yakitate Japan Manga spoiler ending
Kawachi transform into Dhalsim, safe the world from flood, then fight Ken and Ryu, honestly, the ending is the very definition of WHAT!?

Teach me offside

Offside, the most complicated rule in soccer.

RKD-EK9

Heaven closed.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisshou - Outo no Ichinichi Hen 1-3

Its a manga where the main protagonist dies and revives again. Just like Steins;Gate,Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite and All You Need Is Kill.Oh, but its set on the "i got transported to some fantasy world" cliche, so if you hate that or is just PLAIN SICK OF IT, avoid this thing like the plague.

Overall good start though, going to have to give it more chapters to build that story up.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 89.5

Shocking, Marika is the better magical girl.

Yakitate Japan Manga spoiler ending
Kawachi transform into Dhalsim, safe the world from flood, then fight Ken and Ryu, honestly, the ending is the very definition of WHAT!?

I read your words and yet they make no sense in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom