• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Getting drunk on a fucking pirate ship was a whacky experience. Well i reallly didnt get drunk but i was pretty tipsy

did you try tequila in mexico?

At least you are closer to the dream then BakedYams.

ill never attain my dream of being the greatest piece of yam the world has ever seen.

I wanna get back on that pirate ship and this time just drink until i pass out

id be careful if i were you.

kasane

did you try tequila in mexico?

ill never attain my dream of being the greatest piece of yam the world has ever seen.

id be careful if i were you.
Everywhere i go people were asking me if i wanted tequilla.

I would never go back to poverty tier hotel accomodations. Being a vip was a bliss.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

I would never go back to poverty tier hotel accomodations. Being a vip was a bliss.

Luxury is a powerful poison~

Prison school 147

Damn you Kate, how dare you! How dare you look at Hana phone!

Boku no hero academia 20

That S&M lady costume...is that a suit!? or did she just flaunt her bare tits!?
All might totally going to die in a few chapter.

kasane

Yeah man fuck poverty

Vip was awesome omg

Everywhere i go i had a ride ready

anything i wanted to drink was free. Same with the food.

I rode a jetski (which was fucking awesome because of something. Ill talk about it later), i rode a yacht off to the sunset while drinking, a kyak. ALSO A MOTHERFUCKING PIRATE SHIP PARTY AHOY

rip medschool funds.

well not really the accomodation was a gift to me. Best gift ever.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Damn, tequila is awesome dude, you just gotta go easy on it if you wanna wake up in the morning. I've never gotten drunk before since I can hold my alcohol really well but man have I been close.
Whole reason is cause I usually drink and have to take the train back home, don't want to be found sleeping on the streets smelling like booze.

Yeah man fuck poverty

Vip was awesome omg

Everywhere i go i had a ride ready

anything i wanted to drink was free. Same with the food.

I rode a jetski (which was fucking awesome because of something. Ill talk about it later), i rode a yacht off to the sunset while drinking, a kyak. ALSO A MOTHERFUCKING PIRATE SHIP PARTY AHOY

rip medschool funds.

well not really the accomodation was a gift to me. Best gift ever.

I need a gift like that... my uncle in DR can pretty much do the same, lets see if your voyage can inspire me to do something to this extent.

kasane

Damn, tequila is awesome dude, you just gotta go easy on it if you wanna wake up in the morning. I've never gotten drunk before since I can hold my alcohol really well but man have I been close.
Whole reason is cause I usually drink and have to take the train back home, don't want to be found sleeping on the streets smelling like booze.

I need a gift like that... my uncle in DR can pretty much do the same, lets see if your voyage can inspire me to do something to this extent.

Yeah the one who gifted to me is a doctor as well lol. I just had like 1 bottle of tequilla every night here and i usually drank a couple of beers when i felt like it.

edit: i meant glass lmao

kasane

Also that fucking jetski ride was awesome, sweet and bitter all mixed into one ;(

soma

What if soma actually self destructs but somehow alice mama know hes top tier and brings him to europe

10/10

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yeah the one who gifted to me is a doctor as well lol. I just had like 1 bottle of tequilla every night here and i usually drank a couple of beers when i felt like it.

edit: i meant glass lmao

damn, that rich life

edit:

this should work as a good story for kasane, getting tipsy on a pirate ship and senpai not noticing you.

kasane

Im going hom tomorrow tho ;(

So fucking sad

One thing i found annoying tho was everybody and their mother wanted tips

I usually am generous with tips if you dont fucking shove it unto my face.

Also the pool bar was awesome 10/10

kasane

Pray tell, what the hell is a 5 cm per second moment?
Get on and watch this fucking masterpiece of japanese animation

Shinkai is better than Miyazaki "at piercing the veil of the everyday to reveal a poignant, evanescent beauty most of us notice only in rare moments."

Then watch voices of a distant star

Then the place promised in our early days

5cm per second has shit pacing.

Not really the best of modern anime, there's too many shots that should be cut, and scenes that could've been added to improve the storytelling.

Godlike visuals and title song though, and the music video is pretty much the best way to enjoy it, or to remember it by.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is the best modern slice of life by far, or Wolf Children.

kasane

5cm per second has shit pacing.

Not really the best of modern anime, there's too many shots that should be cut, and scenes that could've been added to improve the storytelling.

Godlike visuals and title song though, and the music video is pretty much the best way to enjoy it, or to remember it by.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is the best modern slice of life by far, or Wolf Children.

I agree and disagree with your opinions. There was definitely something special about that movie for people like me who was able to relate to it. The pacing, the dialouge and the scenes were all 12/10 cause i genuinely felt what the movie was trying to convey.

I could do a full write up on it but im on my phone.

Basically shinkai is a genius

dani_dc

Prison School 147

Hana is so cute with her worries.

Now she gave Kate a false upper hand. I imagine Kate will reveal this at some point which will get Hana to go crazy and then turn on Kate.

Jintor

I was feeling pretty okay through 5cm per second but then that fucking third act with the song and my heart broke

actually come to think of it i watched it less than a month after my girlfriend broke up with me

soooooooooo

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

And here i was wondering why Beam wasn't in here defending Bleach to his grave, he's doing it in the OT thread instead.

Its fucking hilarious seeing other people react to the insanity LOLOLOL

I agree and disagree with your opinions. There was definitely something special about that movie for people like me who was able to relate to it. The pacing, the dialouge and the scenes were all 12/10 cause i genuinely felt what the movie was trying to convey.

I could do a full write up on it but im on my phone.

Basically shinkai is a genius

Oh, I definitely could relate to it. The pacing and the editing is another matter.

Shinkai is a great visual director, but needs a better editor for his works, so to speak.

Nana to Kaoru 123

I dunno. This is kinda sweet, in a lewd way. I wonder how long this arc will last though. The sex and nudity has certainly jumped up since it started.

Usobuko

Banned
5 cm/sec would lose a lot of lackluster without the fitting theme 'one more time, one more chance' at the end. After the train scene, it closes with Akari moving on and that should be a signal for Takaki as well.

Man the Bleach OT went to hell. It's not like we want to hate Bleach, it's just Kubo hasn't done anything to make Bleach even okay for the past few years.

I like One Piece a lot, I still do.

But even if it goes to shit, I can't find myself to hate and defend it to that extent. I think once people broaden their horizon, you'll just take it as it is and seek enjoyment from the alternative gigantic pile of manga series.

Lain

Bleach volume 63
tbkb.jpg

I enjoyed it, especially because it focused on Renji and Rukia, but this volume highlights one of the on-going problems with Bleach and its narrative for me: the whole considering the afterlife world as alive. Especially Rukia's battle made me shake my head. That I'm dead just for a little while so I can't get touched by your fear skill... I mean you're a soul, how does lowering the temperature make you dead? You're already dead.
I like Bleach and all, I think it's dumb fun not meant to get taken seriously and yet.

Bleach volume 63
tbkb.jpg

I enjoyed it, especially because it focused on Renji and Rukia, but this volume highlights one of the on-going problems with Bleach and its narrative for me: the whole considering the afterlife world as alive. Especially Rukia's battle made me shake my head. That I'm dead just for a little while so I can't get touched by your fear skill... I mean you're a soul, how does lowering the temperature make you dead? You're already dead.
I like Bleach and all, I think it's dumb fun not meant to get taken seriously and yet.

That aspect of the world building actually bothered me since the soul society arc started. Al this time I hoped Kubo would spend a little time fleshing it out, but alas that never happened.
It mostly boils down to the What do they eat? conundrum.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You would think that cricket would be the easiest sport to read manga while watching. Especially test cricket.

You would think wrong.

If people want the short reads list this week I can conjure one up tomorrow...?

zeromcd73

Speaking of Bleach, whatever happened to those two kids introduced at the start of the new arc?

They seemed like they would have had some importance starting the final arc off with them but I can't even remember the last time they were shown.

Jintor

You would think that cricket would be the easiest sport to read manga while watching. Especially test cricket.

You would think wrong.

If people want the short reads list this week I can conjure one up tomorrow...?

btw, do you consider yourself singaporean or aussie, whippy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom