• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Boys on the run is that kind of revenge story? Maybe I should start reading it.

Coming of age story.

The lead had terrible luck, surround by shitty people and his own attitude and (in)action doesn't help. He just stumble and fall flat on his face, over and over. Until a point despite all the shit he had to put up with, he finally sort of man up.

And Chiharu is simply memorable.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 127
7xF8srU.png
1st half: Holy fucking shit. I take back my comments about taking back my comments about wanting a Hatsuna arc, because now we're back in business. Yes, it partially feels like a cop-out, but it's still vastly preferable to the alternative.

2nd half: Holy fucking shit. Who says romance is dead? I guess the courting part of their relationship is over now.

Koukoku no Shugosha (Imperial Guards) 1-21

An elite military unit conducts its duties alongside sabertooth tigers trained to assist their human masters.
The Imperial Guards manga was a runner-up in the 9th Japanese Media Arts Awards, the 11th Tezuka Cultural Prize, and the 1st Manga Taisho Awards.

This story takes place in a fictional Japan with elements of fantasy such as the sabretooth tigers, dragons and magic.

The main conflict is of the invading Royal forces (apparently russians?) against the Imperial army (Japanese). Due to a blunder of the commander, the Japanese forces retreat and its up to the Sabretooth squad to hold the enemy so that they can retreat.

Undeniably, all the odds are stacked against them (they are pretty much fucked). So they have to use all the tactics available to them. Thats where Shinjo Naoe, one of the best main characters I have seen enters.

He is a ruthless and efficient soldier who carries his orders and makes the best choices available to him in order to achieve the objectives. But thats just what it looks like to his soldiers, he pretty much has a lot of mood shifts (as seen in the images above) and questions himself a lot of times. Sometimes he can be arrogant and even enjoy war as it is. But thats what makes him human and what makes him shine.

The enemies are well developed too, we see how they are organized, their motivations and backstory. The tactics and logistics displayed are top notch making it one of the best military manga out there.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 152

How unlucky of Raku, to have to sleep with a cute girl of his age all night *rolls eyes*

At this point I think I'd prefer it I'd DTL was right and Shuu was Raku true love.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch414

Here we go!

One Punch-Man ch40.2

I wonder how he'd fare against S-ranks (aside from Genos, who almost always automatically loses).

dramatis

I don't know where to ask this, so if I should go somewhere else just tell me.

I'm thinking about reading "All You Need Is Kill", is it alright? I know that it is darker and some things about the ending (
like how it is not a happy one, for instance
).
The ending is dark, but it's suitable for the story. The manga adaptation has decent art so it's not too shabby I suppose. Go ahead and read it.

Re: Marina 01-05

Guy's father just died and suddenly from his ceiling a naked girl comes crashing down. She claims she's his wife from the future so they start living together.

So this is surprisingly lewd and heartwarming? I think the reasoning for the time travel is cute at the very least.

Magic: The Gathering - Magic Gakuen Seitokai

An one-shot? where like every other card based series, everything is decided by card games.

I'm sure someone with more Magic experience than I do can go into the fine details of this but hey it was pretty enjoyable.

Kingdom 414

There is nothing more badass then continuing as usual during a time of crisis. Look at those guys who played off the Titanic! They had balls of steel!

One Punch Man 40.2

I bet King gets a lot of S ranks in video games.

Kingdom 414

Nice to see Ryu's thoughts about Sai.... truly that fake seal is annoying, none the less the King is planning something himself so I can see it getting interesting

I was going to rate this an average rating but we saw Kyoukai in colour on the cover page

10/10 would read again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom