• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

First volume of Vampire Bund 2: Scarlet Order shipped! Hopefully I get it before Christmas.

so i recently discovered that I really like sports manga. I've been reading Haikyuu, Yowamushi Pedal, and Eyeshield 21, and I've really enjoyed all three. Anyone have some recs for other good sports anime or manga?

Since I didn't see it suggested, Giant Killing.

Chariot

I am once again driving away from stable internet and need some manga to read. I am currently missing and rereading Centaur's Worries, but it has so few chapters ;___;
I want a whole lot of cute and a shit ton of d'awww. Please once again shower me with good recommendations.
I also have still Prison School on the plan, as I promised dani

World Trigger all caught up

The team work and strategy battles remind me of early Naruto and that is a great thing. There are a lot of different personalities, and these are matched within a fraction in Border. I like the political infighting within border for superiority. The neighbors are intriguing that they are warring for control and they are different and countries within that world. And now there is a battles for ranking and afterwards a rescue mission. All in all a very enjoyable manga.

I want to start reading Vagabond, i only heard good things about it, but 322 chapter sound intimidating.

Zweizer

Banned
The bold are the ones I know I can recommend since they are pretty damn good. I only have some beef with Eyeshield 21, perfect waifu material and no romancu (from the 50 chapters I've read). Also, what was that manga that was asked of me if I read it and I think Zweiser said that some fling was going on between two characters??? Ahhhh, my brain hurts trying to remember... Teppu however has special place in my heart, it has a feeling of being smut but its not, its so weird and raw.

Eyeshield 21 does tease a lot, but yeah, there's no romance arc or anything (for the main characters at least).

I suggested something? Hmm, was it Keijo? I don't think I recommended anything else as far as sports series go.

upandaway

I am once again driving away from stable internet and need some manga to read. I am currently missing and rereading Centaur's Worries, but it has so few chapters ;___;
I want a whole lot of cute and a shit ton of d'awww. Please once again shower me with good recommendations.
I also have still Prison School on the plan, as I promised dani
Esprit
Ojojojo
Otoyomegatari
Komorebi no Kuni
(<- psst, this one!)

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch21

I wonder what kind of past this detective shares with All Might.

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka 4koma - Days of Goddess ch8

Chritmas~

I noted everthing down except Otoyomegatari that I am reading alreay. Covers look good already, especially Komorebi no Kuni's. :3

Thank you very much <3

Have you read Nukoduke?

dramatis

Congrats to all the casualties winners!

LWe58H0.jpg

Let me know if I made mistakes as usual.

thanks so much Drama for the banner <3

it looks amazing

grats to everyone who read through that steaming pile of shit and for putting up with my tardiness in getting it all sorted :D

let's read something awful together again some time

Kyuur

Have you finished reading Tokyo Ghoul?

Yes. It really isn't clear if Rize was kept alive, but either way a ghoul in her state would be easy pickings for CCG to gnaw on their Kagune with a chainsaw for a couple hours or so. Now that I think about it, I wonder what kind of tools they used for the surgery on Kaneki.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I read ahead on Boku No Hero Academia to chapter 22 and 23 from the speed scans:

If the translations are correct All Might wants Deku to be revealed as his successor at the sports festival. With how big a stage this thing is being set up as they described it being bigger than the Olympics this seems like the time All Might will meet his end. I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

Usobuko

Banned
The World Is Mine Chapter 163 ( End )

Meh, colossal disappointment, blowing things to End of Eva proportions. The World Is Mine could work as a figurative speech and there's no need to take it as it is literally.

The last volume destroyed all the good will from the manga. I would have love for Toshi / Mon made one last stance against Himugadon not some incessant preaching of 'Don't Resist. Accept. Everything is Connected' nonsense. Mon doesn't need a detailed, sentimental back story that has no relevance to the outcome in the end. With that kind of ending, Himugadon serve no purpose in it either. Shame, what a waste and I was anticipating some crazy, unrestrained final showdown between these 2 unstoppable forces in the final volume.

That said, the first 150 chapters or so are very good and put me in a dilemma.

Usobuko

Banned
I going to pretend the last volume of The World Is Mine doesn't exist. I think I would rate it higher as an incomplete work than what I just read.

Even a non imaginative, predictable ending would serve Arai Hideki's story better.

360pages

Never thought I would be reading a series like Sensei Lock-on. But I am and enjoying it.

Also, I hope that post from Animegaf is a joke, if not than I can see why 1/4 of the members left.

R.I.P. 1-12 (END)

RIP

An angel resurrects a suicidal undertaker to keep as a pet, and they spend a short, morbid story together purifying souls and such. Chapters were too brief for the episodic format, since it meant none of the encounters had any real substance to them (except the last). That aside, it was an enjoyable rendition of the gothic shoujo atmosphere and I'll be checking out the author's other works, since they're apparently along similar lines.

Magic: The Gathering - Magic Gakuen Seitokai (one-shot)

... Why would you duel someone to stop them wearing gothloli? It's completely nonsensical. Hell, it's an insult to fashion and an affront to the aesthetic truth of the world. I feel physically sick now.

Card games etc.

upandaway

Takkoku!! (end)

Awww, haha. The final chapter was adorable! I sure feel happy now. So much silliness in the last few chapters too. I really liked the ending. And who would've thought the X foreshadowing was a red herring.

Anyway, this is it aside from one last extra chapter. If anyone has any complaints or comments about the translation, I can (hopefully) take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom