• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

New Manga Covers!:

Gintama 57
B5mwRkiCAAAZiD_.jpg

Boku no Hero Academia 2
B5mwUAgCcAAjrtU.jpg

Bleach 66
B5mwWzJCMAMlwDK.jpg

Toriko 33
B5mwkoBCAAAIUbx.jpg

Isobe Isobee Monogatari - Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo 5
B5mwuc4CcAAJ7uV.jpg

Yoakemono 2
B5mwYPqCQAAETfv.jpg

Lain

Imagine if all of manga was dominated by stuff like modern Bleach or To-love-ru, and the quality of the smut wasn't even good, but degenerate trash created by manchildren for manchildren. Do you think this community would be the same in such an environment? Has MangaGAF forgotten the Smut Wars so quickly?

I think many people would move on if the medium was that shit, and at most only pick those few titles that are said to be quality. They wouldn't be watching stuff they know from the onset they'll dislike for the sole purpose of complaining about the status of the medium and the people watching it.

I still remember that poster that came into every new seasonal Anime thread to declare, before the season even started, how shit everything was.

Jintor

I saw like the entire fucking collection of Nana to Kaoru for sale in a book-off (second hand bookshop). Probably like $25 for the whole damn set. I can't read a lick of it but it's Nana to Kaoru, it will never be released in english

I should buy it

mannnnnnnnnnnn

Lain

I saw like the entire fucking collection of Nana to Kaoru for sale in a book-off (second hand bookshop). Probably like $25 for the whole damn set. I can't read a lick of it but it's Nana to Kaoru, it will never be released in english

I should buy it

mannnnnnnnnnnn

Do it.

Revo

Is Reiroukan Still Alive? 9

Oh damn she daring.

Yakitate!! Japan 183

Please tell me Azuma did not just get a food idea from a literal shithole.

Rainy

Banned
^ I was kinda thinking the same thing actually. Made me a little uncomfortable.
at least he hugged her after
. But yeah.

Revo

Yakitate!! Japan 187

Unimportant characters becoming inanimate objects permanently(?) after they lose is still stupid.

Yakitate!! Japan 189

These things should just remain in the realm of reactions and not actually affect the world :/

Zweizer

Banned
Honestly, I don't think Suzuka is that bad contrary to all the MangaGAF impressions I read.

You just like unconventional stuff, and Suzuka is kind of unconventional in how it double downs on its characters' stupidity with a straight face for a somewhat realistic romance manga.

All your doing is making me more curious!

History repeats~

Poor Umineko. Never going to get the adaptation it deserves.

Well, to be fair, Umineko is probably impossible to adapt properly into an anime.

I assure you I'm still here.
Yes I know what you meant.

Woah, had no Idea Grimace is the MangaGAF senior.

Chariot

Horimiya 46

So... am I the only one imagining a crossover between Horimiya and Nana to Kaoru? I'm sure they could give good advice.

Ugh. I know it's for the joke, but it looks like a bit too much RL couple abuse.
Didn't thought about that. Yeah, it looks kind of bad that the thought was "man, he is badass" instead of "holy crap, what an asshole".

Reminds me, how much I hated the last Brynhildr chapter.
It's ok, he earned his rape!

Zweizer

Banned
Horimiya ch46

Hmm, it's rather awkward considering it's not exactly played for the usual slapstick comedy. That food chain was pretty funny though.

Is Reiroukan Still Alive? ch9

One hot night indeed.

And, uh, better get ready for the fireworks.

Zweizer

Banned
Kyou no Yuiko-san ch26-27

The usual teenager woes.

Seems like we're focusing on the side characters now. Guess it has become stale.

Horimiya

Main story is alright since i like those 2 but man hopefully they fucking spit it out soon.

The other stuff with the main couple was great and damn Hori has discovered a weird fetish lolol.

As for the scene in question it reminded me of the stuff that happens in Nozaki kun tbh (where its played for laughs but its kinda disturbing nonetheless)

dramatis

Soooo can we put One Piece back in the Top 10 in the OP? It's not like anybody is reading Hunter x Hunter right now.
Togashi... too lazy to even contribute Gon to a group picture.
HxH is one of the 5 selections of Eleuin, who won the HxH return to hiatus bet. There is a descriptor above the banner.

One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach were removed a long time ago by my fiat. While they are some of the most popular reads in Mangaf, their extreme longevity ensured that they would be occupying 3 spots at all times. Rather than to have them stuck there until their authors decided to stop writing them, I drew an arbitrary line at "40 volumes" and just put in other manga that are also popular for a spell.

None of the three will return to the top 10 unless someone else does the OT/OPs.

Zweizer

Banned
Kakegurui ch5

There weren't any shadow of doubt that this academy is fucked up, but it's "nice" to get some elaboration regardless.

Nightbird

Assassination Classroom 112

That explains a lot about Nagisa, and woah @ his new abilities!

Edit: same Manga, but Raws of Chapter 113

Yep, that Bitch's crazy as heck!

upandaway

HxH is one of the 5 selections of Eleuin, who won the HxH return to hiatus bet. There is a descriptor above the banner.

One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach were removed a long time ago by my fiat. While they are some of the most popular reads in Mangaf, their extreme longevity ensured that they would be occupying 3 spots at all times. Rather than to have them stuck there until their authors decided to stop writing them, I drew an arbitrary line at "40 volumes" and just put in other manga that are also popular for a spell.

None of the three will return to the top 10 unless someone else does the OT/OPs.
To begin with the point of those is to serve as go-to recs, so I think something like the big 3 should be exempt because everyone already knows about it.

UQ Holder 62

That was a fun bath moment, Touta had good expressions for his panels.

Was sad that Santa and that one guy were back to how they were before the crisis :( If only her power allowed them to subconsciously remember things that happened in parallel worlds etc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Horimiya 46

So... am I the only one imagining a crossover between Horimiya and Nana to Kaoru? I'm sure they could give good advice.

Ugh. I know it's for the joke, but it looks like a bit too much RL couple abuse.

Well, the chapter did start off with her asking, no begging him to do that. She discovered one hell of a fetish to be into...

Zweizer

Banned
Nukoduke! ch48 + Bonus

An adorable Christmas for those who didn't get enough diabetes~

Nekogurui Minako-san ch44

She sure is passionate.

Pooya

after all the Prison School noise in the anime thread I decided to to see what's the fuss is all about and actually started reading...

It's horrible, I can't stop reading, I'm going to catch up probably in a day at this rate. but boy haha better no one see me reading this thing. It's amazing.

dani_dc

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou ch13

Not yet.
Oh God, it's not over yet?

Watch everyone in the class break-up except the main couple.
after all the Prison School noise in the anime thread I decided to to see what's the fuss is all about and actually started reading...

It's horrible, I can't stop reading, I'm going to catch up probably in a day at this rate. but boy haha better no one see me reading this thing. It's amazing.

Glad to see more people being welcomed into the world of Prison School.

Really not an easy series to to explain how good it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom