• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nekogurui Minako-san
Same old same old.
If you are reading today's chapter, you know what is going to happen

Nukoduke
All I want for Christmas is not diabetes.
But fuck it.

Team Medical Dragon 1-134
I expected medical shit.
I got politics, miracle, psychological battles, and lots of back story.
Oh, and also Asada, no chapter can go by without him getting a passing mention or appearance.

Redx508

after all the Prison School noise in the anime thread I decided to to see what's the fuss is all about and actually started reading...

It's horrible, I can't stop reading, I'm going to catch up probably in a day at this rate. but boy haha better no one see me reading this thing. It's amazing.

same thing happened to me it hooked me

upandaway

Takkoku!! 44.5 (end end)

Officially over huh. The origin of the scar lived up to the hype, for sure :lol

Everything about this was feelgood. It was a really fun manga, looking forward to giving Saike Mata Shite Mo a shot sometime.

Zweizer

Banned
after all the Prison School noise in the anime thread I decided to to see what's the fuss is all about and actually started reading...

It's horrible, I can't stop reading, I'm going to catch up probably in a day at this rate. but boy haha better no one see me reading this thing. It's amazing.
same thing happened to me it hooked me
Make +1 please.
First I was like what the fuck, but I was hooked by it. Prison School is amazing!

Welcome to the world of philosophical smut!

Oh God, it's not over yet?

Watch everyone in the class break-up except the main couple.

The manga itself is aware how boring it is!

Would be an amazing ending if it really happened.

looking forward to giving Saike Mata Shite Mo a shot sometime.

Do you guys accept requests? Because I'd like to see the serialized version of Hatarakanai Futari get translated sometime.

Nordicus

Is Reiroukan Still Alive? ch9

One hot night indeed.

And, uh, better get ready for the fireworks.
This panel is a pretty close to what I felt while reading this chapter, holy shit.
e9aUscf.jpg

Things just go super interesting with speed I had not dared to imagine. So direct, I love it

upandaway

Do you guys accept requests? Because I'd like to see the serialized version of Hatarakanai Futari get translated sometime.
Well wait a sec, when I said give it a shot I meant read it after someone else translates it!

But sure I can check out anything, just um, not anytime soon

Zweizer

Banned
Yeah, I just finally added this manga to my MAL manga list properly, and noticed the series is only 15 chapters long :/

I also realized that not too long ago. I had hoped it was an ongoing slice of life before then. Alas...

Well wait a sec, when I said give it a shot I meant read it after someone else translates it!

But sure I can check out anything, just um, not anytime soon

Well, only one chapter of Saike Mata Shite mo got translated for, like, half a year so I had thought...

You can read the webcomic version to get an impression. They're translated~

Revo

A Thousand Years Ninetails 69

Heated on both ends! Wonder if tiger girl will see him.

Witch Hunt 16-17

Why do people never listen to directions from the strong people?

wonzo

Banned
Did some catching up on things but here’s the stuff worth talking about.

Was gonna save this till after I caught up on Sidonia but I could never quite get in the mood for that so what the hell. Takemitsu Zamurai is a unabashed masterpiece that only gets better with each and every single page. Eifuku Issei’s playfulness with words at the beginning (and throughout) masks an incredibly tragic tale which Taiyo Matsumoto really brings to the forefront with the best artistic talent I’ve ever seen put on paper. You could fill a museum with pages and spreads from this and you’d still struggle to cull it down to the very best of the best.

If Matsumoto’s Ping Pong is about what it means to live then this is a tale of what awaits us all. I really want to read Issei’s earlier works but unfortunately none of his other series have been translated which is a real shame. It’d be great to see how he evolved as a writer to create something this raw and full of life.

Terrarium in Drawer

I wrote about this when the first 4 chapters popped up so I was real glad to see it finished. A wonderful collection of shorts ranging from fantasy to sci-fi and the “mundane” that never fails to amuse. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for Kui Ryoko in the future.

Noramimi 1-9

Hox has always been pimping this at almost every chance he gets so I decided to check it out and I can see why. This is much more mono no aware than I was expecting though I do guess mascots breaking up with their kids when they get older is just part and parcel of the mascot game. :(

Secret Journey by poju

I’m sure he’ll get to India some day in the greatest take on Journey to the West ever conceived.

ShindoL’s Cultural Anthropology

Wasn’t aware of this at all so I figured I’d check it out and I soon realised I actually read the first few chapters ages ago but I must’ve stopped for some reason. This really is the defining ShindoL manga, certainly wasn’t expecting sex crazed
zombies
at the end!

—-

as for this thread

1) merry xmas
2) peeps need to stop using it as their personal twitter
3) seeing a disturbing lack of spider-man and 7seeds posts itt smfh

Tokyo Ghoul:Re Chapter 11

dTy0vxu.jpg

Gotta love this color page. Making the CCG seem like a family celebrating Christmas. At least Arima doesn't look so intimidating.

Tokyo Ghoul reaching 10 million sales is great. Ishida deserves all the sales he gets from the manga.

Anyways my boy Tsukiyama is sufferings, that face of his was extreme. I have to say the Author is really good at expressing a character's emotion through his art like damn. It seems the boxer didn't have that much of a effect unless something happens next chapter.

AMkoX9Q.jpg

Suzuya is back and he's looking better than ever. Seeing his reaction to Haise was awesome especially when he went for the snacks in Haise's pockets, so good. Though really that black hair fits him well.

We see Shirazu being one great of a leader trying his best to improve unlike shitty Urie trying to screw everyone. And it seems like Urie may eventually turn into a real ghoul.

I guess I have to wait a bit longer for another chapter due to a double issue/break like Shonen Jump is having. Though it's a given since Mangaka's need a break on holidays too.

Zweizer

Banned

Wasn’t aware of this at all so I figured I’d check it out and I soon realised I actually read the first few chapters ages ago but I must’ve stopped for some reason. This really is the defining ShindoL manga, certainly wasn’t expecting sex crazed
zombies
at the end!

—-

as for this thread

1) merry xmas

Sex zombies really came outta the left field. The little bonus with her being a couple with the guide was cute though.

I posted my impressions on Spider-Man if it means anything (I'm guessing no one else caught up this far into the reading club yet). Still reading 7 Seeds, though I'm not very far in it.

Lain

Secret Journey by poju

I’m sure he’ll get to India some day in the greatest take on Journey to the West ever conceived.

I'd actually like to hear what you think of poju's art style.

zombies
at the end!

This reminds me I never actually sat down and read the translation for the last chapter.

as for this thread

1) merry xmas

Oh yeah, it's Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone!

Glad to see your enjoying Tokyo Ghoul. What's your impresssion of what you've read so far?

Tbh the only thing that set it apart from the occasional violent shonen is the lip service that they pay to the ghoul-human societal relationship every once in a while. Glad that
they got rid of that quirky white haired investigator
, since there'd be fuckall character development possible there. Using him as a bridge for indirect growth on Amon was a good move.

Just finished the gourmet arc. Way things are going, everybody outside of the 20th ward might as well be killed, huge cunts that they are portrayed to be. Dove aspect seems far more promissing right now, even with quirky bodymod-kun.

Will follow up on drifters. Thanks again guys!

To be fair, it is pretty baller that TG went this far without a clearly platonic relationship for the lead. Tsunderes r us, obv.

Kamisama no Memochou Vol.01

The story of a regular guy as he encounters a group of NEET detectives as they solve weird cases.

Not bad. The case was pretty interesting and it was a nice cast of characters. Not so much of regular LN junk so I found it enjoyable.

Usobuko

Banned
You just like unconventional stuff, and Suzuka is kind of unconventional in how it double downs on its characters' stupidity with a straight face for a somewhat realistic romance manga.

It's probably more because that was one of my earlier SoL-Rom.

Hero Mask 4

No one told me Hero Mask was back. Ah and a whole club of hero's want.
Hero Mask 4

Woo someone is translating it! Now we have a luchador mask lol.

Yes! I also followed Hero Mask, mainly because I love the character designs and the light hearted nonsensical tone of it.

Now I know it's finally been pick up again.

Tbh the only thing that set it apart from the occasional violent shonen is the lip service that they pay to the ghoul-human societal relationship every once in a while. Glad that
they got rid of that quirky white haired investigator
, since there'd be fuckall character development possible there. Using him as a bridge for indirect growth on Amon was a good move.

Just finished the gourmet arc. Way things are going, everybody outside of the 20th ward might as well be killed, huge cunts that they are portrayed to be. Dove aspect seems far more promissing right now, even with quirky bodymod-kun.

Will follow up on drifters. Thanks again guys!

To be fair, it is pretty baller that TG went this far without a clearly platonic relationship for the lead. Tsunderes r us, obv.

Oh shit can't wait to see your impression on the next arc 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom