• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.05

GXBB6J3.jpg

This love triangle continues to really do nothing. I do like that Shizuku is now trying to pursue Haru into liking her so its pretty much like a role reversal. I'm also liking the whole expanded cast coming together as well (even more now I can tell people apart).

Jintor

There's not really much a love triangle I find. It's more like, this guy has some shit going on in his brain.

I mean I know a love triangle doesn't necessarily mean that one character is 'chosing' between two people, but blondie never really struck me as an 'actual viable candidate' so much as, perhaps, a guy who was sorting out some shit about the way he was thinking about people and fixated on Shizuka.

Revo

Hello Mr Teddy 8

I NEED this as a full series. Everything is sooo cute and amazing.

Americano Exodus 12

Oh no, danger!

Revo

Zetsuen no Tempest 34

Lololol random boob panel.

Back in the past!

Wake up Deadman 68

Looks like he's out for blood.

I think I know why I really like Shigatsu Wa Kimi Uso.

Melodrama aside, the pacing and story is pretty tight. You get to the point in every chapter.

Yeah, right now the manga is Suffering, but it's well written suffering for a shounen at least.

Revo

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 14 (end)

Utterly forgettable in every sense of the word.

Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai 8

Deal with it better teammates D:<

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
RIP Grimace :(
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Merry Xmas and happy holiday!

So, seeing several impression of Taiyou no ie, i decide to purchase 2 vol of it.

Love what i'm seeing so far. I like the drama and the art.

Wakabayashi Toshiya 4-koma collection

Hug is decent
Kiss is indecent.
ok, got it.

Dynedom

I think I know why I really like Shigatsu Wa Kimi Uso.

Melodrama aside, the pacing and story is pretty tight. You get to the point in every chapter.

Yeah, right now the manga is Suffering, but it's well written suffering for a shounen at least.

I feel the melodrama is pretty tame compared to some other shit I've read.

Zweizer

Banned
Merry Christmas MangaGAF!

dani pls

What are y'all's favorite romantic manga? Itching to read one.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Yandere Kanojo
Hi Score Girl
Horimiya
Boys on the Run

hot house

Too early for that!

MetroidPrimeRib said something about shindol and the manga thread so now I'm here.

Welcome! Aside from ShindoL, what else do you read~?

Is this Suzuka? I still hate the ending for the manga, so confusing and frustrating.

Yep, it's Suzuka.

Revo

Boku no Hero Academia 23

I'm glad he's found at least some sort of motivation for this event after the speech at the beginning.

DICE 75

Nothing really happening outside of what is expected, although the prospect of eunju being able to do something is tempting.

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch23

Well, it's nice to reaffirm your ambition, I guess, even if it's an unoriginal one.

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou ch14 (End)

Blergh. At least it's over. What a disappointment it turned out to be considering its mildly interesting initial premise.

It's currently on hiatus to allow people to catch up. There's also the wonzo reading club to take into account.

I get that but i thought i wasn't caught up until realizing otherwise.

also i wrote 2015 since its currently the holiday season and whippy (along with everyone else) has stuff to do.

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou

Just checked this out and eh it was alright (not great, not terrible either).

full of the usual tropes (one in particular reaching somewhat implusible levels but hey) and its funny how it literally went to the "next level" during the halfway point

Revo

Sekai Oni 15-18

I guess he does have a connection to her in some way, otherwise he wouldn't be so desperate to protect Azuma. And poor Azuma, unable to kill it :(

Newest backstory isn't sympathetic but is on the side of disturbing, and especially the thought at the end.

Zweizer

Banned
Indeed but i'm not expecting right after 2015 starts either lol.

Will check out wonzo's though some will be omitted due to length reasons (sorry 7 seeds :( )

Have fun~

Of the list, I think 7 seeds is the easiest to get into.

You should jump on this ship man.

The biggest hurdle for 7 Seeds is its length, as reading through 20+ volumes in two weeks can be a bit hard to do, especially during this busy period of celebrations.

Jintor

Horimiya 46

Fucking adorable

kinda creepy and I hope going forward the author deals... more... in detail... with this whole S/M thing, but still, adorable

...but creepy

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Merry Xmas mangaf! Been busy having christmas stuff with the family, but I've managed to get some time to go through the rest of the short reads. Hopefully I'll carve out some time to regularly read manga again.

Onnanoko ga shinu Hanashi

Honestly did not really feel much about a majority of this, because for 6 chapters it just goes by too fast while mostly focusing on how her friends have fun with her and then suddenly have to deal with her death, which I'm going to say I can't really emphatise with, seeing that it's not explored that deeply anyway. But damn, chapter 7 really hit me. Really hit on some thoughts I've had about death itself and what it means to die in dignity, and the sentiments of wanting to leave something behind. Really powerful stuff.

Tokyo Hatsu Isekai Yuki

This is like a better It's a wonderful world. That dramatical turn at the end though. I guess he showed that in hinamatsuri with the anzu arc. Goddamnit, now I'm tearing up thinking about that arc.

100 Dollar wa yasu sugiru

Neat little twist at the end.

Blackout - The Enigmatic Game- 9

A scythe is so cool. Its so odd that his prettiest friend is also the one that gets the coolest gear and into the games.

Destroyed Century Joxer 32 END

Alright end for a mangabox series that got uninteresting midway through.

Merry Xmas mangaf! Been busy having christmas stuff with the family, but I've managed to get some time to go through the rest of the short reads. Hopefully I'll carve out some time to regularly read manga again.

My manga reading time will hit rock bottom again cause i got gifted Disgaea D2, so legit happy right now.

Merry Christmas
B5oOlJ9CEAEaZYg.jpg

brassica

So, I started Prison School... How can you read that when you commute? I fear the persons sitting next to me think I am a perv or something ^^. But it is indeed good.
I tried a few chapter of My Hero Academy but stopped : looks a bit too generic for me.

I really liked the anime but usually animes butcher LN's so I wanna read the manga now!

Is this Suzuka? I still hate the ending for the manga, so confusing and frustrating.

Tokyo Ghoul RE Chapter 14

Someone please explain the last page, it completely flew over my head. Are they exchanging something that Haise owns? I have no clue. Also, with Urie (the one who's thoughts are shown and is pretty mean) becoming full ghoul will be interesting to see. Can't believe I'm loving Tokyo Ghoul so much more after each chapter!

See in the beginning Urie and Shirazu traded a pair of Haise's boxer's for information on Torso. They got the information from Chie who's Tsukiyama's friend. And for that reason she's getting the boxer in order to have Tsukiyama to sniff it out and find out if it's Kaneki. So Chie gave it to Kanae, Tsukiyama Shuu's servant or the Shuu family servant in order to pass it on to Tsukiyama.

cTFGb7q.jpg

That's why you see Tsukiyama's severely depressed face on the left side of the last chapter.

jbug617

Banned
A good look at Kuroko no Basket Extra Game. On twitter they say the rivals are called Gold and Silver. Hopefully there will be a translation for the chapter

UkevfvX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom