• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach 611

CqCqUZg.png

lol Bleach in a nutshell..... any way the Jurabach dude is the son of the Soul King (I expect that the one he stabbed wasn't the soul king but rather some fake decoy)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just noticed Naruto is in that picture. Did they forget he's not in the magazine anymore?

Jintor

Yeah so I kinda didn't expect the artist who did Stretch and Prism to have that wild a back catalogue but... yeah maybe pretend they only did Stretch and Prism and leave it at that

Also I saw a shindol doujin in the wild (the LoZ one) and was tempted momentarily

dramatis

I just noticed Naruto is in that picture. Did they forget he's not in the magazine anymore?
The drawing was probably commissioned way ahead of time. Although if Jump editorial feels like they still need to put Naruto into their crossover spreads, that's not so unbelieveable.

Edit: Then again, HxH is in. HAAAAAAA

Any of you guys has watched Doraemon Stand by Me?

the movie sold like hot cakes (at least in my town). When I tried to buy one, the queue was so long it continued until outside the building lol

Raxus

Bleach

Sure...whatever. Can we get some actual fights now? Who am I kidding. One shots for everybody!

One Piece

More Bartolmeo is always a good thing. Oda is desperate to get Robin away from any fight she can end in 5 seconds. I hope the fish guy is down for the count. Also, lol a the plans for a wedding AND a funeral. RIP old man.

One Piece 772

Bartolmeo seriously made this chapter, his reaction was awesome. Him saying I feel like a million berries made me lol. It was also nice seeing Kyros going full force even with one leg.

Thank you, thank you Cavendish for giving a KO to that shit named Dellinger. That crap needed to get a slamming. Anyways I hope Robin gets an actual fight.

Ghu3Hk5.png

Suu once again making it very clear that she's best monster girl.

Can't be denied when she's the first/only one that wishes for everyone's happiness with a pro harem end.

And we finally got some Lala development.

Pretty sly knowing she doesn't have to do anything nor appear much when she's completely aware that the true winner of the Darling bowl will be her once all things are said and done.

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 56

Well, that wasn't the character I expected to pitch a tent in that situation.

The Voynich Hotel 65

One storyline was apparently closed up. Like the detail of her having to wear the bunny mask to tell her sister the news.

Bleach 611

Now we're at "I came back to life cause I said so", Ichigo reaction couldn't be more appropriate.

What happened to the rest of the group of Quincies? I thought they had been revived.

At least we're done with the fodder characters, for now anyway.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I don't want to seem like a jerk but I have a serious question. Why hasn't Attack on Titan's art improved after 15 Vols? There have been many Mangaka's who's art have improved a lot or even a little over time, but for some reason Isayama hasn't improved. I mean the eyes of characters look bad and don't get me started on the anatomical structures of some of the Characters. Is there a reason on why he hasn't improved.

Also I'm not a hater I actually read the series and enjoy it a bit.

Give it some time. Several artist have different time to improve his art. He definitely improved from his one shot though. His art definitely look rough, but hey, not bad for his first series.

Good post. Kindaichi and Doraemon were the first manga (both on the same day) that I ever read.

Doraemon and Dragonball for me.

Dunno how many people are still following this, but here's week 7 of the short reads club after a hiatus.

Week 7
G-Maru Edition by Kawashita Mizuki
Sneewittchen - Geschichten nach Grimm by MOROHOSHI Daijirou
Ano Ko no Ie by KUMAZAWA Mikiko
Azumanga Daioh - Hoshuuhen by Azuma Kiyohiko
Koganeiro by YOKOTA Takuma

Like how david hasselhoff is big in germany, doraemon is big in South east asia.

Oh, G-maru edition, i remember reading 2 chapter of it.

Yeah so I kinda didn't expect the artist who did Stretch and Prism to have that wild a back catalogue but... yeah maybe pretend they only did Stretch and Prism and leave it at that

Also I saw a shindol doujin in the wild (the LoZ one) and was tempted momentarily

Yeah, his previous work is the very definition of NSFW, and the kind of NSFW that will still get you banned even if you put it behind link

----------------------------------------------------------------
Itoshi no karin 20
NEED MORE! No even a kiss? bummer.

Want to read more manga, but i'm currently hooked to deadly premonition: Director cut. Game is ugly, lot of technical problem, but i really have fun playing it.

dani_dc

Itoshi no karin 20

Why would he not go see the ceremony?

So it ended with a nice promise of meeting again in 5+ years. Assuming she can get a job at the hospital to begin with. Nice plan there.

I take offense that Chitoge is the heroine of Nisekoi.

Well the alternative would be Raku. Would you really want that?

Itoshi no karin 20

Why would he not go see the ceremony?

So it ended with a nice promise of meeting again in 5+ years. Assuming she can get a job at the hospital to begin with. Nice plan there.

No I would want Marika.

Random male classmate B would be better than her.

But we all know the true hero is the key.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 28

8xc3pZrl.jpg

What an indecent chapter.

VRMN

That would be ideal, but unfortunately not the world we live in. She barely gets enough time on the manga.

In my perfect world, Marika and Haru supplant Chitoge and Kosaki as the main two female characters. Unfortunately, it's never going to happen.

Kurita

Going to manga/anime stores in Japan was more entertaining than I thought it would be. Being the only dude (and foreigner) buying Haikyuu!! gashapons in Akihabara was awkward.
All them fujoushis.

Toriko 307

that PossyDrill's swagger

they're planning on scaring the Monkey King..... Kaka said something about a festival though so maybe Bambina will challenge them to some games seeing as he taught the monkey's ENBU in order to make them his playmates.... guessing this festival is a grand event where Bambina tries to gain amusement

upandaway

One Piece

Bart is amazing. Please keep that guy around forever, he's also really strong.

Surprised to see Kyros hanging in there for as long as he is. I'm still not expecting him to beat anyone important, but if he goes down it'll almost definitely be because of some kind of unfairness with Rebecca or whatever.

I've lost track of who's still going strong on either side, but we're getting there. I don't think Baby 5 is completely converted yet, so I'm still counting her on the Doffy side.

Bleach 611

Oh look the main characters!
Yhwach is literally Jesus now. Which makes him God too.
...Can't Orihime bring people back to life? Isn't her healing that OP? Or was it retconned?

One Piece 772

Barto is the best. I wonder to what extent a fish Zoan works. Obviously you can't swim with it, but it looks like you can change individual parts of yourself.
ROBIN ACTUALLY USED HER DEVIL FRUIT HOLY SHIT

Nozo x Kimi - 2-nensei Hen 2
A wise man is one who takes advantage of the opportunities presented to him. Just saying. Anyway, glad to see this quickly settling back into an episodic groove, particularly if it's a yuri groove. I know it's early days, but I'm feeling reasonably optimistic that the shift to weekly isn't going to have any major adverse effects.

Tsukimizuki Rikai no Tantei Satsujin 1

212392588phuyb.jpg

10 pages in and I would've bet my life that this was based on a light novel. Reading up, it's about a detective heroine who tracks the MC down after he beats her at an online murder mystery game, to have him investigate the truth behind his father's 'suicide'. With his sister as the chief suspect. The opening felt a bit clumsy, but there's no way I'm not following this given the premise.

ryan13ts

One Piece:

So is Dellinger a zoan-type DF user or half fishman? I hate when Oda doesn't clarifiy abilities of people who aren't super important and probably won't be mentioned again in the future, especially if he just got one-shoted by Hakuba.

Also, Oda is really trying his hardest to actively keep Robin out of any fights, it's almost laughable now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece:

So is Dellinger a zoan-type DF user or half fishman? I hate when Oda doesn't clarifiy abilities of people who aren't super important and probably won't be mentioned again in the future, especially if he just got one-shoted by Hakuba.

Also, Oda is really trying his hardest to actively keep Robin out of any fights, it's almost laughable now.

Pretty sure he's just a fishman, a fighting fish fishman.

One Piece:

He has a Fighting Fish Zoan.
It was shown in a text box when he first used it.

Edit: Never mind, B-Dubs is right. He's half human half Fighting Fish Fishman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom