• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach 611

The possibility that Chad might get some redemption and actually do something useful makes me a bit excited.

But this is Kubo and it's not really a secret that he hates Chad, so I won't hold my breath.

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 56

IjuH8Wr.jpg
eaOZAmi.jpg

That set reminds me of my few months in the army. Those were goo-... those were times, yes, definitely times of some description.

Thumbs up for Kuromine not having the standard japanese super-cold that makes you faint and collapse all the time, although in this case it could have been excused due to the snowstorm chapter

mdubs

Banned
Best chapter in a few months, I think it was well done primarily because even though many of us as readers find the s&m stuff a little off, Miyamura almost acts as an audience proxy to help us relate. Plus it was cute how he realizes he doesn't care because it makes Hori happy.

So it seems like Horimiya might finally be licensed! No announcement yet, but there are multiple listings for Yen Press publishing vol. 1 starting in July 2015.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0316342033/

http://www.bookdepository.com/Horimiya-Vol-1-Hero/9780316342032

happening-bunker.gif

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm a little surprised if Horimiya's going to be licensed. Didn't think it'd be one of those series they'd go for, thinking it'll appeal to the west.

Edit: I can kinda see Bartolomeo not joint the crew, but just "stalk" them in a way.

Lurky

Welcome! Aside from ShindoL, what else do you read~?

Sorry to take so long to reply. I just got kind of busy. :p
Anyways I also read Maeshima Ryou, Kinku, Yukiu Kon, Ayuma Sayu, Rusty Soul(I don't read him anymore. It made me too angry), Rustle, Hisasi, Henreader, Shouji Ayumu and a few more that I can't think of right now.

surprisingly he got the Sumo guy... Haikyuu guy (I think is called Hinata) and the Psy guy to look close to their original work

Really? Saiki Kusuo and Hinata look so weird in his artstyle. Fanartists do both chacters way better.

His drawing feels more suited to making youngish characters, Ichigo looks like he lost a few years, which is a bit unfortunate.

Itoshi no Karin 20

While I would like a flash forward in time, this still was a great ending. Such a good series feeling me up with warm feelings~

Jintor

Best chapter in a few months, I think it was well done primarily because even though many of us as readers find the s&m stuff a little off, Miyamura almost acts as an audience proxy to help us relate. Plus it was cute how he realizes he doesn't care because it makes Hori happy.

So it seems like Horimiya might finally be licensed! No announcement yet, but there are multiple listings for Yen Press publishing vol. 1 starting in July 2015.

happening-bunker.gif

Yen Press doing god's work

Zweizer

Banned

happening-bunker.gif

Nice. I'm guessing there should be an announcement soon.

Anyways I also read Maeshima Ryou, Kinku, Yukiu Kon, Ayuma Sayu, Rusty Soul(I don't read him anymore. It made me too angry), Rustle, Hisasi, Henreader, Shouji Ayumu and a few more that I can't think of right now.

Well, you certainly know your stuff.

What non-h series do you read?

Usobuko

Banned
Ano Ko no Ie ( End )

I think I would prefer the direction and story focus more on the imaginative world of a little kid. I'm not quite sure if I understood the story either, I only did know that both the girl and the mother are better off living apart.

Azumanga Daioh: Hoshuu-hen ( End )

Not as amusing as the original but its Azumanga Daioh and thus a breeze to read through.

Usobuko

Banned

It's a pity you miss out Seme Danjou works. Platform in Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu is great too.

Revo

Revenge Classroom 3

Another revenge complete and another student complicit, but it looks like the bullying is going to continue?

Zweizer

Banned
Ano Ko no Ie ( End )

I think I would prefer the direction and story focus more on the imaginative world of a little kid. I'm not quite sure if I understood the story either, I only did know that both the girl and the mother are better off living apart.

Don't worry. You're not alone in thinking this.

What's that?

Do you read borderline h works then? Like Prison School or Nana to Kaoru?

It's a pity you miss out Seme Danjou works. Platform in Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu is great too.

I wouldn't call Platform smut.

Tosaku no Honey 01

The shoujo love story of someone who stands to stamp out perverts and a super masochist pervert.

Well, huh. It pretty feels like a regular shoujo story just with throwing a heavy layer of S&M jokes all over it.

Revo

City of Darkness 68

Looks like the enemies aren't as hyped as they were previously thought to be. There's a fighting chance now!

Dreamland 80

Time to party~

Zweizer

Banned
I thought you know me better!

You should know it's akin to recommending Boys on the Run for people asking for romance stuff.

I thought you considered these your "reference materials"! Now I am confused!

And Boys on the Run is a good romance manga! Just one that is rather hard to go through.

I'll be sure to check those out soon.

I read Prison School but not Nana to Kaoru. Most of my non-h manga are finished already.

You might like Tsugumomo as well.

Do you prefer to read finished stuff? Outside of smut, what other genres do you appreciate?

Usotsuki Ouji to Nisemono Kanojo 09

I like this guy.

But he's such a jerk to me.

Even though there's this other guy that's nice to me.

But I still like the jerky guy.

whyyyyyyy so shoujoooooo

Vito

Banned
I'm a little surprised if Horimiya's going to be licensed. Didn't think it'd be one of those series they'd go for, thinking it'll appeal to the west.

Why? LN never sold well in the US historically but they dumped money on licenses anyways. Besides, these listings are usually 99% certain legit.

Big One

Banned
One Piece 771-772

I really hope Bart ends up joining the crew. Though I'm not sure what role he'll have he has a lot of personality and owuld be fun. He only needs a tragic backstory as well.

My Hero Academia 24

Todoroki getting it done I see. Hope this arc has more lasting ability than the last one.

Lurky

You might like Tsugumomo as well.

Do you prefer to read finished stuff? Outside of smut, what other genres do you appreciate?
It's mostly just smut now. Aside from being disappointed in majikoi, I've also recently read aoi hana. Tears were shed in both cases but for very different reasons.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
One Piece 771-772

I really hope Bart ends up joining the crew. Though I'm not sure what role he'll have he has a lot of personality and owuld be fun. He only needs a tragic backstory as well.

Oh, He has one

His tragic backstory is that he's not one of them

Assassination Classroom Vol.01

ZelOUNtl.jpg

I wish I had Koro-sensei as a teacher. He seems like the best teacher!

I really like this even just after reading one volume of this. Really tempted to just get caught up on this, two months for the next volume is just too long...

Choujin Gakuen 20
oraorasomethingoraora

So ends what's been an absolutely batshit, action-packed arc. In the end, they recruited Yoshino, so I guess it's mission accomplished. Shame to see them part ways with the other main WSC members, but the vol 6 teaser suggests that they'll be reuniting fairly quickly.

Revo

Shinigami X Doctor 00-01

Feels extremely typical for this type of series. All the basic elements that every other likeminded series has.

Happy new year in advance I ended up drawing this yesterday...I admit I forgot I was drawing a New Year's pic so I kind of just shoehorned the message in >_>
Sorry about the wonky perspective...

Usobuko

Banned
I need some help in identifying a manga.

What I remember was 3 volumes, 17 chapters and for the shoujo / josei demographic. The synopsis is something like the girl likes a guy but was met with an accident (?) which he gave his life for her. I think that's what it is, oh and vampirism is in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom