• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

How many manga released in 2014 do people even read? Outside of stuff published in Jump you would be hard pressed to find other titles where more than couple of people have read.

Probably not many...that would mean books with less than 12 chapters unless they are weeklies.

For me the only obvious one is Fuuka. Plus maybe some shorts.

So best new manga isnt that practical if its limited to a year.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not that I would want to do this but one way it could work would be to simply do a top 5 of things you read this year and this year alone. So, if you thought the ending to Naruto was like, so amazing, you could put it at #1. And if you read Molester Man this year and thought it was great, you could put it at #2, etc.

It would be more of a "let's show off stuff we read" thing than a "Manga of the year".

Revo

Haikyuu!! 135-137

He's finally useful! I expect them to lose this game then win the next despite bad odds. Hinata to go huge.

wonzo

Banned
Not that I would want to do this but one way it could work would be to simply do a top 5 of things you read this year and this year alone. So, if you thought the ending to Naruto was like, so amazing, you could put it at #1. And if you read Molester Man this year and thought it was great, you could put it at #2, etc.

It would be more of a "let's show off stuff we read" thing than a "Manga of the year".
would just be better to do a top 5/10 manga thing every few years

Revo

Addicted to Curry 113

What an asshole that guy is. Sabotaging her chances to find the guy she wants to just for a chance at her.

Jintor

I agree. I like Hori's design but with so many people having the same hair color it gets confusing sometimes.

No one has good silhouette design or posture characteristics either... hell, with the amount of thin lines used, sometimes I actually find it kind of hard to distinguish foreground characters from background lines.

Didn't help things when they changed how Miyamura looked either, but he's still pretty distinctive compared to the rest of the cast

Lain

We could vote on manga that finished in 2014. Not that I care though. I only care about the anime of the year voting because I gotta vote for PP2 as best.

wonzo

Banned
We could vote on manga that finished in 2014. Not that I care though. I only care about the anime of the year voting because I gotta vote for PP2 as best.
japantenguparty1a.png

Ginatama 524

wait I am confused.... is he dead?

Does she know that he is dead?

Da Fuck o_O
Edit: Is it that other double Shogun... the one who was a shinobi?
;_;

Parasyte up to 15

reading this makes me realize how much characterization the anime removes from the female characters. Murano, Kana, even the random middle school girl gets some fleshing out as to her actions and motivations rather than just immediately falling for Shinichi because of how Shinichi he is.

Usobuko

Banned
Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo - Shin Series Chapter 116 - 128( Raw )

It's been too long since the motive of a murderer in Kindaichi could evoke such strong emotions.This was really handled well here, I feel like I was transported back in time to some of the better stories in Kindaichi.

The other aspects while not outstanding are satisfactory.

Could do a top 5 manga moments of the year.

This right here.

QFnciy1.jpg

Honestly the ending to Tokyo Ghoul was a mindfuck.
The MC seemed to be killed off in a worse possible way, turning into a Quinque.

I mean there were death threats towards the author because of the ending, which I find the people stupid for doing that.

Usobuko

Banned
I mean I was providing a top moment, but oh well I guess liking something a lot isn't appreciated :(

I think you're pretty tame compared to some of the LoGH fanbase I came across in MAL from 2008 to 2012. Although most of them are just taking the piss on elitism, right confucius?

Jintor

Keys.

They're keychains man.

Actually does help me dig them out of my pocket.

How many keys do you have?

are you a japanese high school student?

one kid showed me their keychain, they had nine goddamn things on there. NINE THINGS. ONE KEYRING

I might pick up some next time I'm in dendentown

Zweizer

Banned
would just be better to do a top 5/10 manga thing every few years

"Manga of the past three years" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Could do a top 5 manga moments of the year.

That would be amusing at least.

How many keys do you have?

are you a japanese high school student?

one kid showed me their keychain, they had nine goddamn things on there. NINE THINGS. ONE KEYRING

I might pick up some next time I'm in dendentown

Wait, students really do that? I thought it was just a manga thing.

Nightbird

Gintama 524

I wanted to stop at the last Chapter because the new Anime was announced, but i thought that i should at least finish this Arc.

What a huge mistake i made. I was not ready for those feels, one of the greatest Gintama-Characters just died ;-;

Zweizer

Banned
Yotsuba& is real life.

Maybe Yotsuba&! established this trend...!

I got 2 commissioned drawing this convention.
Now the problem is they are all folded and crest up. Any of you have any solution to straightening paper?

It generally involves misting the paper. There should be tutorials for that, though I suggest you test these methods on some drafts first before attempting them on your commissioned drawings.

upandaway

Keyrings are super cool. The only problem is that it's hard to use keys that have 10 keyrings with them, the best solution is to not use the keys.

Revo

Sekai Oni 21

For a second I was confused, but then I realized they were tarot cards. And they all look pretty cool.

Sekai Oni increasing becoming something I highly look forward to seeing updated despite how dark it is.

Jintor

DOES LITERALLY EVERYTHING GET A SCHOOL SPINOFF?

I have no idea why Japanese students are so nostalgic for school. School sucks! You study all the time and then you stay after school for club activities and you go home at like goddamn 5-6pm. And then you come in on Saturdays. And Sundays sometimes. And come early at 7pm too. Do these kids sleep?!? I mean, at least I'm getting paid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom