• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
7th Garden 1
ibfrNkJAdLnpUO.png

This is not an upgrade. Why would you bait and switch like that? Why?

A gardener accidentally awakens a sleeping demon, then makes a contract with her to stop the Spanish Inquisition from purging his loved one(s). And by contract, I mean he just gets an oversized sword. Meh. The art's more appealing than the story.

Nisekoi vol 8-15 extras (Magical Patisserie Kosaki-chan!)

It bothers me that someone genuinely thought this needed a full spin-off series.

Ishikawa Emi draws Yomi Yumi with her body in one piece for the first time in ages (and says as much on her twitter).

Jintor

Pokémon - Dating a Team Magma Grunt 1

Have you ever wondered what it'd be like for the Hoenn MC to date a grunt from Team Magma? No? Me neither. But someone made a cute manhwa about it anyway.

I've never gone from not recognizing a thing's existence as a possibility, to it being the most important existence in my life this quickly

This sounds as good a concept as the fanart I saw that literally depicted all the protags as ten-year-olds instead of the fifteen or sixteen year olds they're actually drawn as and how all the various criminal groups were instead overwhelmed by their adorableness

Gintama Prediction

Nobume.... Oboro and Gintoki are all related

calling it now
... some assassin clan... hence why Gintoki has that killer mood swings and red eyes

Something likely happened to Gintoki before he was adopted by his Sensei

Gintoki is a CROW

So guys here's a question, which manga do you think has a better chance of coming back from haitus D-Gray Man or Hunter X Hunter?

Hoshino or Togashi take a pick.

Usobuko

Banned
Just realize My Hero Academia author was the same one that made Oumagadoki Doubutsuen. I just couldn't get into the latter despite numerous attempt.

Good for him to find success at last.

So guys here's a question, which manga do you think has a better chance of coming back from haitus D-Gray Man or Hunter X Hunter?

Hoshino or Togashi take a pick. 😁

HxH, only because we know it will come back at some point since Togashi seems to care. While Hoshino seems to have little urge to ever touch her series again.

HxH, only because we know it will come back at some point since Togashi seems to care. While Hoshino seems to have little urge to ever touch her series again.

You know I would say Togoshi also, but since Hoshino showed pictures of D-Gray Man on Instagram and she's going digital for drawing her manga rather than traditional. I wanna go for the latter on this one. I mean you gotta keep that faith going.
RIP me :(

Also about Togashi caring about his series. I don't know man he's really lazy. If he did care about his series he wouldn't have went back into haitus after 9 chapters not even 10. At least in Hoshino's case she seems to have had an injury while Togashi's only excuse is his laziness.

Just realize My Hero Academia author was the same one that made Oumagadoki Doubutsuen. I just couldn't get into the latter despite numerous attempt.

Good for him to find success at last.

Huh, did not know that. It doesn't even look similar enough for me to remember that either.

Usobuko

Banned
1. A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi)
2. The Ancient Magus' Bride (Mahō Tsukai no Yome)
3. Kodomo wa Wakatte Agenai
4. Ichiefu
5. Areyo Hoshikuzu
6. Goshoku no Fune
7. Gigantomakhia
8. Shirley
9. Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
10. Kenkō de Bunka-teki na Saitei Gendo no Seikatsu
11. Tanaka Yūichi Sakuhin-shū Machiawase
12. All You Need Is Kill
12. Tokyo Ghoul (tie)
14. Hakubo no Chronicle
15. Orange
15. Haikyu!! (tie)
17. The Heroic Legend of Arslan
17. How Are You? (tie)
19. Asobiai
19. Katsute Mahō Shōjo to Aku wa Tekitai Shiteita (tie)

Bold = Never heard of + interested.

Quick search on Baka shows that a few of them are on their debut works? Could be promising, this is what number 3 cover looks like.

Revo

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga 19

Schoolgirl time! What a great time to be alive.

Magi 251

Doubt everything will go well with this confrontation.

Revo

Nisekoi 153

Chitoge>Tsugumi>Onodera in terms of school trip scenarios. But Tsugumi's is weaker than I would have thought (mostly due to raku being included in the play).

Hopefully Marika's blows them all out of the water. And Chitoge doesn't interfere.

Revo

Kingdom 415

I wonder how smoothly this is going to go, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the rebel army gets destroyed by Shin.

Aizawa-san Zoushoku 12-13

These two are dating at romantic comedy level speeds (so they haven't held hands yet). So that was pretty adorable to have their first date set up like that, heh

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Magi 251

I know right?

"Hey buddy how's it been?"
"Oh you know, just killed my mother and have become super crazy and stuffs."

Also Magi- Sinbad no Bouken ch41- 45

I'm really digging this one, sometimes a little more than the main series. Mostly I love how quick everything is. Also the multiculturalism is a huge benefit to the series because it keeps places interesting. And the
and The Knight King's reaction to Sinbad's full body equip was pretty great.

Magi 251

"Let's tell him everything about Alma Toran!"

"Yo, sup Haku, your mother was an even bigger queen bitch than you thought she was. Not only your brothers and father, she was responsible for the destruction of an entire parallel world, and she planned to do the same with the current world!"

"Oh, and by the way, destiny."

If anything, Alma Toran will only reinforce Hakuryu's convictions and wrath to kill Kouen, since Kouen's path was laid down and subtly supported by Gyokuen, and even if not true anymore, was a reflection of the what Gyokuen planted.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Boku no Hero Academia:
Alright nerds, you win, All Might is gud but...

I'm going to be in my 30s by the time I see the end of this manga aren't I? Feels bad man.

Tsuya bes girl.

Netgame no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta? 01

Our protagonist has been traumatized after confessing to a girl in a MMO who turned out to be a guy. Now, he's been proposed to by another female character.

And I guess harem antics? So uh, yeah, the whole premise kinda gets resolved in the first chapter (is his new wife actually a girl?!?) so dunno where they are going to go with this.

Nightbird

Prison School 148

I don't like where this is going with Hana...
In Case of Andre however, l.o.l. this getting more and more entertaining!

Hastati

nge manga any good?

170 for a complete set

Have you seen the anime? I've heard it's about as good as the anime in terms of storytelling, and adds its own details here and there but more or less follows the same general flow. Although, I feel like you could get it used for cheaper?

Prison School 148

I don't like where this is going with Hana...
In Case of Andre however, l.o.l. this getting more and more entertaining!

Yeah, this chapter made me nervous! Cannot wait till new prez gets hers, she's so annoying. Also, Andre's inevitable super saiyan transformation is going to be epic

kinger256

Gunslinger Girl 1 - 100

That epilogue was a pile of trash, definitely did not give me any hope for the world. Easily the worst part of it all. Now I'm depressed and sad during the holiday season. This manga has failed its purpose.

It was good, all things considered though. I wished it would have concentrated more on the fratello relationships, easily the most engaging part of the manga, and forewent the formulaic and boring mob plot. The relationships between the girls and their handlers were developed well, but it still felt a bit raw.I also really didn't like how flashbacks were handled in this. Every handful of chapters or so, there would be a flashback to a scene already shown previously with either minor details added or unnecessary scenes added.

I've read that the anime does stuff a bit differently so I'll be checking that out.

Nightbird

Beelzebub Bangai Hen 5

What a lovely Chapter. I'm totally in for OgaxKuneida, if it wasn't for Ogas complete non-understanding of the Situation.

I also hope to see more of Hibiko, i like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom