• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otoyomegatari 41-43

This arc went exactly as I supposed it would go, a
polygamy marriage Except she wasn't exactly subtle, it killed suddenly a husband we never met to pave the way to the planned ending.

dramatis

Bokura no Kiseki 34

Many interesting exchanges happened during this chapter. I wonder if Hiroki knows the full truth, or if she's merely hiding her identity so she can continue scoping out the enemy.

Here's to hoping Maki does something with results on her own too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Spotted this panel from Sporting Salt on another forum.

jump1504_449_zps7a7b5f23.jpg

Did this guy learn from Rob Liefeld?

Kurita

My Haikyuu!! keyrings are attached to my pencilcase.

I have one Koro-sensei keyring on my keys.
I also have Chopper, Onodera, Hanji and Karauri (from Hoozuki no Reitetsu) but I don't know what to do with them.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Thou Shall not Die 1
Yoko Taro (director of Drakengard 1, Nier, and Drakengard 3) and Daisuke Moriyama (World Embryo, Chrono Crusade) present, a story about group highschool student with ESP thrown into warzone.Student got killed left and right, and with the way thing goes, i think we might get another twister protagonist.

Hastati

One Punch Man (Web) 98

This series is just pure gold. Some of my friends can't understand why I like it, but I find it endlessly entertaining. Can't wait to see Saitama's reunion with Tsuntsun O'loli. Just wish the author was faster! Not like he has to spend a long time on his drawings (...or does he?)

Anyway, yeah, this pretty much sums up my feelings

saitama_dance.gif

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Self 1-5
A one man journey to find the answer to how and why of masturbation.
A search for the ultimate self pleasure.
So yeah, this is what happen when you discover sex before masturbation. Kinda feel bad for the guy. This guy earnestly try pop his masturbation cherry using jungle gym to pressure from pool. I hope this guy find his answer.

Hastati

Pokémon - Dating a Team Magma Grunt 1

Have you ever wondered what it'd be like for the Hoenn MC to date a grunt from Team Magma? No? Me neither. But someone made a cute manhwa about it anyway.

I lolled. The only thing that would make pokemon games better (or perhaps hilariously worse) is if they added mild dating sim elements. I would never stop playing them.

upandaway

Pokémon - Dating a Team Magma Grunt 1

Have you ever wondered what it'd be like for the Hoenn MC to date a grunt from Team Magma? No? Me neither. But someone made a cute manhwa about it anyway.
GcyHPK6.png

I've never gone from not recognizing a thing's existence as a possibility, to it being the most important existence in my life this quickly

Hastati

Gintama 524

I wanted to stop at the last Chapter because the new Anime was announced, but i thought that i should at least finish this Arc.

What a huge mistake i made. I was not ready for those feels, one of the greatest Gintama-Characters just died ;-;

I cried. Those feels, they hurt. I was honestly not expecting that ending, but it makes me feel like great changes are coming. Like, where do we go from here? Everything has gone to shit all of a sudden. Equally excited for further developments, but I've never felt this down from a manga that's usually such an upper. Or maybe precisely because it always strives for the bright side.

I agree with the sentiments of an anonymous interwebber that Sorachi is truly a great writer, even if he mostly saves his energy and rarely flexes his muscles. This arc was surprising, but felt like a necessary and integral progression for the series, while filling in a lot of gaps that have appeared over the years.

I think it may be my favorite manga!

Nisekoi 153

Less enjoyable than Chitoge and Kosaki's recent chapters, and that's saying something. For one traumatic minute I thought the next chapter was going to be another Chitoge one, but luckily Marika made the save at the last moment.

Date A Live Encore 3

4572873s3ulg.jpg

Really could've used some of that kindness in her OVA. Not that I'm still mad about that or anything.

I've never gone from not recognizing a thing's existence as a possibility, to it being the most important existence in my life this quickly
There're more (raw) chapters on the author's blog, so with any luck they'll be translated soon.
Incoming love triangle with Team Aqua grunt?

Nightbird

I cried. Those feels, they hurt. I was honestly not expecting that ending, but it makes me feel like great changes are coming. Like, where do we go from here? Everything has gone to shit all of a sudden. Equally excited for further developments, but I've never felt this down from a manga that's usually such an upper. Or maybe precisely because it always strives for the bright side.

I agree with the sentiments of an anonymous interwebber that Sorachi is truly a great writer, even if he mostly saves his energy and rarely flexes his muscles. This arc was surprising, but felt like a necessary and integral progression for the series, while filling in a lot of gaps that have appeared over the years.

I think it may be my favorite manga!

This is actually one of the Main Reasons i love Gintama so much, the comedic Moments are actualy really funny, and the sad Moments are really sad. I remember the Mini-Arc with Kintaro, it made me cry so much!

Sorachi is a great Writer, but i think it has also a lot to do with the World he created in Gintama. It pretty much allows him to do whatever he wants to do, without it looking much out of Place.

100 Dollar wa Yasu Sugiru (one-shot)

I'm always up for a good mystery, or even an average one like this. Haven't come across a lot of manga with a Wild West setting, which is probably a plus as far as I'm concerned.

Ma no Kakera 1-8 (END)

Junji Ito gonna Junji Ito. Never been a huge fan of his short stories, but these were fairly decent as far as they go.

I really need to actually watch the final episode of DAL 1, but I need the dub to DAL2 to be announced so I can continue without waiting.

I hope the source material is just as entertaining?
The first season was a pretty faithful rendition of vols 1-4 of the light novel, so if you enjoyed that then you'd likely enjoy its source material as well. Season 2 I've heard less positive things about, so vols 5-7 might actually be superior to it (though I haven't read / watched either myself yet).

The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays Extra Game.
Incredible debut. Fujimaki has another hit on his hands. Though I would like to see him do another sport or serialization. Next is bimonthly so if he has the work ethic he can do it.

Finalow

lately I'm not reading a lot or not reading at all but Onepunch-Man has been one of my favourite and most enjoyable manga that I've read this year. thus I bought the first 6 volumes from amazon/jp.

also I wanted to post this somewhere,

ezbfqPD.gif

kasane

I have no idea why Japanese students are so nostalgic for school. School sucks! You study all the time and then you stay after school for club activities and you go home at like goddamn 5-6pm. And then you come in on Saturdays. And Sundays sometimes. And come early at 7pm too. Do these kids sleep?!? I mean, at least I'm getting paid!
I came from a asian highschool

I miss highschool

Ive been caught up reading hefty nonfiction books (The Moral Arc How Science and Reason Lead Humanity Toward Truth, Justice, and Freedom) so my manga has fell off to just whatever bl is randomly completed that week or mangabox titles/jump stuff and Haikyuu!! bl fics :/

Nightbird

Kuroko Extra Game 1

Thats the kind of Stuff i expected for a final Arc, but seeing it start like this somehow makes me even more excited! :D

Pokemon X and Y Vol.01

And so starts the 12th chapter of Pokemon Adventures!

While we do have to deal with those crappy friends, they seem a whole lot better in the game. More interesting, is that it looks like we're dealing with the whole issue of fame this time, with X and Y both reacting differently to fame. They both seem interesting and has good potential for growth, so looking forward to seeing where this series ends up going.

Kurita

Pokemon X and Y Vol.01

And so starts the 12th chapter of Pokemon Adventures!

While we do have to deal with those crappy friends, they seem a whole lot better in the game. More interesting, is that it looks like we're dealing with the whole issue of fame this time, with X and Y both reacting differently to fame. They both seem interesting and has good potential for growth, so looking forward to seeing where this series ends up going.

That cover hurts my eyes.
Superior French cover.

Revo

Tower of God s2e131

Hopefully this guy is just hiding behind his lie and that wasn't a complete waste of a chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom