• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Kokou no Hito Chapter 107

Mori stays pure in the face a reunion with his stained classmates. Everyone is trying their utmost to take advantage of him.

Usobuko

Banned
It's like I'm reading Punpun no.2 just that this one complements well with the subject mountain climbing

Guy couldn't catch a break with all the shit life throws at him. I like the way he remains calm and attempt to rationally solve his problems.

i cant help it when people have bad taste in manga like rockturtle with love junkies!

oh snap its getting real
Who are those people though? :p

i usually laugh at Toriko and SJ since it got that big push and it didn't do much at all.

also add other series with 1/10 of that push fucking curb stomping it makes it funnier as well. And if you want to go there also add the supposed rejection of SnK at some point in time as well.

:trollface
bu.. bu... but

giphy.gif
I also like Toriko, but am I the only one who hates Komatsu a whole lot. Like for some reason I just detest that annoying shit.
\Sorry I went there.
I didn't like Komatsu too at first he is slowly maturing though and this past arc has him knocked out

yet he brings the whole cooking thing in there so I can live with it

Boy Skirt 01

Guy discovers the girl who sits in front of him in class is actually a guy. He finds out he dresses as a girl in order to help her twin sister overcome her fear of guys. But then he tells our main character a secret. And a whole new world opens.

Amusing, definitely interested in seeing where this goes.

Why does he do that at school?

bu.. bu... but

honestly its just very disappointing so i usually rib on it and laugh at SJ.

as said before it could actually explode one day but for now that expectation is basically near the bottom.

Also i'm not ribbing the content since it sounds interesting but i do have to wonder why enough people aren't biting and could that be on the manga at that point (art, characters, story, etc) or are people just plainly not as interested or willing to give it a shot.

Hey guys if you could choose one type of really specific manga genre that you could only read what would it be

I prefer those old school manly action series like Jojo or FoTNS

Toriko and Kingdom have some hints of this therefore explaining my love for these series
Plus some series occasionally have those tough dudes (even though a majority of them die) which also explains my interest for those series

My second favourite genre is old school scifi... the avi explains it
but If I would choose one it would be the former seeing as those series tend to have out of this world wackiness that satisfies my scifi quench a little

I guess that kinda explains why I love Toriko seeing as it has some teasing of scifi stuff plus it has some nods to the old school macho man... the thing it is missing is more emotion and serious deaths of main characters leading to character development before it can ever reach my top 5 series

I am a man of world building also so when I mangaka takes his/her time defining their world I really do appreciated..... which kinda explains my disappointment in series like Bleach but adore series like HXH and stuff

Lastly I like genres that have good writing and/or have a nice message.... like real life based series or simple town series
honestly its just very disappointing so i usually rib on it and laugh at SJ.

as said before it could actually explode one day but for now that expectation is basically near the bottom.

Also i'm not ribbing the content since it sounds interesting but i do have to wonder why enough people aren't biting and could that be on the manga at that point (art, characters, story, etc) or are people just plainly not as interested or willing to give it a shot.

it doesn't give off a first good impression as in a series about food hunting may make some people to not take it that seriously.... Plus like a lot of series it starts off slow which doesn't help it for people who hear all this hype for it from their friends only to not see that much hype in the first couple of chapters

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";148022063]Josei[/QUOTE]

realistic series are nice... it is great to take a break from all the over the top drama and over teasing found in typical shojo

Kurita

Maybe less teasing, but I think the over the top drama is still really abundant in josei I think?
Heh, depends.
I'm reading Umimachi Diary, Chihayafuru, Princess Jellyfish... and they don't have a lot of it. Or maybe I'm just too tolerant and just don't notice it.

Rhapsody

Banned
is it?

:/

I sometimes see realistic series that have romance in it as a side thing as more pleasant

I don't fully read pure josei though

I guess it depends on what they're going for. The good is stuff like Nodame Cantabile or Chihayafuru.

The bad can get very smut-like I hear lol.

Hey guys if you could choose one type of really specific manga genre that you could only read what would it be

Toriko and Kingdom have some hints of this therefore explaining my love for these series
Plus some series occasionally have those tough dudes (even though a majority of them die) which also explains my interest for those series

but If I would choose one it would be the former seeing as those series tend to have out of this world wackiness that satisfies my scifi quench a little

I guess that kinda explains why I love Toriko seeing as it has some teasing of scifi stuff plus it has some nods to the old school macho man... the thing it is missing is more emotion and serious deaths of main characters leading to character development before it can ever reach my top 5 series

I am a man of world building also so when I mangaka takes his/her time defining their world I really do appreciated..... which kinda explains my disappointment in series like Bleach but adore series like HXH and stuff

Lastly I like genres that have good writing and/or have a nice message.... like real life based series or simple town series

I'd have to say Tragedy in Seinen manga. Like for example one of the reasons I love Tokyo Ghoul is for the suffering. Seeing Kaneki's suffering was one heck of a ride. It made me really sad just seeing how tragic of a character he is with his multiple personality disorder.

Also Berserk is another good example. Just seeing Gutts tragic life helped define his character and made me love his character so much. Fuck just seeing his childhood really killed me inside.

I don't know but tragedies just have something special about them. I guess it has to do with being emotionally attached to the protagonist and it also helps if has quality writing. I also love anti-heroes a lot more than your traditional justice seeking heroes.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
It's like I'm reading Punpun no.2 just that this one complements well with the subject mountain climbing

Guy couldn't catch a break with all the shit life throws at him. I like the way he remains calm and attempt to rationally solve his problems.

Indeed. The despair is real! Keep on reading, the end is very worth it.

it doesn't give off a first good impression as in a series about food hunting may make some people to not take it that seriously.... Plus like a lot of series it starts off slow which doesn't help it for people who hear all this hype for it from their friends only to not see that much hype in the first couple of chapters

Slice of life.
I really like 4 koma manga like Kariage-kun, Kobo-chan. Never got bored by it.

Heh, depends.
I'm reading Umimachi Diary, Chihayafuru, Princess Jellyfish... and they don't have a lot of it. Or maybe I'm just too tolerant and just don't notice it.
counts what you find tolerant

I have a fear of checking some of those out since you know MangGAF and all
I guess it depends on what they're going for. The good is stuff like Nodame Cantabile or Chihayafuru.

The bad can get very smut-like I hear lol.
smut.... realistic?

yeah that does sound bad
I'm still pure so what's DTL?
Hamtaro is the bees knees.

Also, should I read Arigatou? I don't wanna feel today.
Bro you know whats up *fistbump

never read Arigatou before so I can't help you out... I am sure there are people here who have though

I'd have to say Tragedy in Seinen manga. Like for example one of the reasons I love Tokyo Ghoul is for the suffering. Seeing Kaneki's suffering was one heck of a ride. It made me really sad just seeing how tragic of a character he is with his multiple personality disorder.

Also Berserk is another good example. Just seeing Gutts tragic life helped define his character and made me love his character so much. Fuck just seeing his childhood really killed me inside.

I don't know but tragedies just have something special about them. I guess it has to do with being emotionally attached to the protagonist and it also helps if has quality writing. I also love anti-heroes a lot more than your traditional justice seeking heroes.

yeah well developed tragic stories in seinen is good.... When I read part one of Tokyo Ghoul I never expected the story to be so grey as in the struggles of some ghouls that just want to integrate and/or live peacefully and those police officers who thought what they where doing was justice without thinking that there might be some innocents who would suffer

Sometimes too much tragedy is too much for me seeing as I'd like some good things to bear fruit once and a while

Slice of life.
I really like 4 koma manga like Kariage-kun, Kobo-chan. Never got bored by it.
Slice of life series our great if they're handled well... I tend to feel relaxed when I read some

the short stories are great too

My favourite one long ongoing SoL series is Space Brothers if it would be considered a slice of life series to begin with

Otouto ja Irarenai!! 4
Google sensei always knows. Im so glad the two bros could finally move their relationship forward a bit. Really hilarious chapter due to all his inner turmoil. Comedy is really her strong point in writing this that it made me feel immensely fun and memorable.

Reading Koe no Katachi on crunchyroll.

Perhaps I'm a bit ignorant, but why does Nishimiya wear hearing aids if her deafness is so severe that she doesn't seem to be able to hear even with them in?

Revo

Gunka no Balzer 1-5

This is pretty cool. A lot of different ways this could go. Hopefully not full out war too soon though.

Zweizer

Banned
Reading Koe no Katachi on crunchyroll.

Perhaps I'm a bit ignorant, but why does Nishimiya wear hearing aids if her deafness is so severe that she doesn't seem to be able to hear even with them in?

I know a guy who is similar to her. He's pretty much deaf without them, but can at least make out some sounds with hearing aids, which can be a pretty big difference. I imagine it was the same for Nishimiya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom