• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Please tell me if there are any Shoujo's from the perspective of a guy like Ore Monogatari? PLEASE TELL ME! The reason why I ask is cause I can't relate to a girl, too fluffy and sparkly for my taste.

Momo Sora 11

KIx7ahS.jpg

Aw, last chapter. This was a pretty great series about a girl going out to the countryside to live with her new stepmother. Lots of feel good feelings.

If there was a plot by Japan to make the countryside seem attractive, its probably working here.

ReLIFE 01-03

27 year old guy is basically a NEET. But he's given the chance to change it by taking this drug and going back to a high school student. Totally not suspicious one bit!

D-Gray Man Vol 2

This Vol was quite funny and really enjoyable.

The arc with Lala being a doll was quite sad. Witnessing the flashback of Guzol who was abandoned because of his face was depressing. Though what was nice is that he accepted Lala's offer, which was to sing for him. For them to spend 80 years together was bittersweet, until the evolved Level 2 Akuma fucked everything up. Though I gotta say I do love the way the Akuma is designed because it looks really creepy.

Seeing Kanda's view on things was pretty interesting as it gives him a bit of depth to his character. Though I'm really curious on who that person he's looking for, hope I find out later on in the manga. I find Allen really interesting as a protagonist, his view towards his life is quite twisted. He doesn't really care about his life shown in this Vol when he carelessly fought against the Akuma without any thought. Even Kanda asked him whether he has anything dear to him and Allen answers that he doesn't because he lost that dear person. Which is why he puts himself in danger for others. I really do hope we get more info on Mana who was a person Allen was close to.

The conclusion to the arc was beautiful as we have Lala holding Guzol during his last breath while singing her lullaby. In the anime it was a really nice song. Anyways I loved the scene where Lala says thank you to Allen and then Allen ends up crying, while saying he wants to be a destroyer who protects to Kanda. Such a bittersweet scene.

Can't wait to read the next Vol.

Revo

Imouto was time for yuri. This just kills any chances of this pairing happening.

I'm sure Fujiwara can overcome this development! Being nice is the only thing she's got going for her, if she can't persevere through this she's terrible! (although imouto is superior yuri couple)

Peephole 56

Backstory time!

Drama.

Human to human drama.

M5gLDPC.png
is the chart made by you or referencing something
Keyman 1-24.5
cant deal with all these mind blowing twists. omfg
Those identical chins o_O

OPM (REDRAW EDITION) 39-41

It is nice to see how this re-edited edition redraws certain characters from the original work

I like how crazy Garou looks... making him lean with that sketchy hair is a great choice to showcase his chaotic nature

lol at Blizzard trying to act like a Thug King Pin only to realize that Saitama gives no fucks

They are catching up..... or maybe not... I wonder how many chapters from the original work hasn't been translated yet
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit
: By the way did anyone see this fanmade OPM opening (not the other one from awhile ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ur7Vae4ros

This one has some fanmade animation opening with a already made song compared to the other using pages from the manga but with an original song

the colours look nice

somedevil

OPM (REDRAW EDITION) 39-41

It is nice to see how this re-edited edition redraws certain characters from the original work

I like how crazy Garou looks... making him lean with that sketchy hair is a great choice to showcase his chaotic nature

lol at Blizzard trying to act like a Thug King Pin only to realize that Saitama gives no fucks

They are catching up..... or maybe not... I wonder how many chapters from the original work hasn't been translated yet

52 left for him to redraw. So more than 2 years to catch up to the total there is today which is 99.

MALGraph

Arranged by weighted average for me in this case.
oh interesting
52 left for him to redraw. So more than 2 years to catch up to the total there is today which is 99.
that is a descent gap

OPM (Original) 97-99

So that is Metal Knights real face.... kinda underwhelming

lol at the frog mask guy being a bearded old dude... The Ape guy is more off an attention seeker, that costume doesn't even make sense

Pykos is still kicking it seems.... not going to lie that I forgot about her seeing as she was overshadowed by an even bigger threat in the last arc

and Oh man is Tornado pissed

Poor Saitama being dragged into this whole sister fiasco he just wants to know who destroyed his home

Jarmel

Banned
Boku no Hero Academia-26

This is just too good.

Oh god, I want this animated so bad by a good studio but I know I'll get Toei.

Madhouse/Shaft or bust!

Ahahahahaha are you serious Shaft would be terrible for this series.

Anyways this would definitely be right up Toei's alley. I mean this series artstyle, premise, and lightheartedness is pretty much kid friendly. Watch Toei will definitely get this series.

Though it wouldn't matter to me since I'm not that attached to the series, it reminds me of Sky High for some reason though.

Marche90

Last month I got a hand-me-down 7" tablet. Even though it is terribly outdated by today's standards (1024X600 screen with terrible viewing angles, single-core 1ghz processor, PowerVR SGX530, 512 Mb of RAM and Android 2.3.3) it's a nifty thing to have if you only want to read mangas, ebooks or the occasional Crunchyroll video. Thanks to it I've started to read the CubexCursedxCurious series of light novels and some mangas. I'm currently at volume 6 of the C3 series and currently have read 2 mangas, so I'll put my impressions of those here.

(I won't even bother to put an image here)
Tora Kiss A School Odyssey
Even though the premise might have been somewhat interesting, by the end of the first chapter I was bored with it, but decided to keep reading anyway. What a big mistake and a waste of my time. Not only the plot develops terribly and way too fast, the ending is complete trash. Don't read this at all :s

jD93AUY.jpg

Hetakoi
Thankfully, this one was pretty good! The plot it's started when a guy in his 20th birthday goes to a hotspring alone and finds a woman passed out on the other side. Since he was embarrassed about seeing her in that state (she was totally spread open, so to speak), he just left after calling the personnel of the inn. He thought that it would be the end of it, but an old senpai of him called him in college and suggested going to the Tabisen club (a club dedicated to the hot springs culture) and finds that one of the members in that club is the same woman he saw passed out, after she speaks about some details of her last vacations. The plot it's essentially a simple love story with plenty of drama involved and terrible coincidences all around. Thankfully, the end it's pretty good and and pretty satisfactory, so it's something that I would recommend if you're looking for something romantic with some amount of sexiness (the series contains some nudity and depictions of sexual acts but nothing too blatant).

Sadly, I read that the mangaka that made this manga died in 2013 due to a heart disease. At least it seems that she didn't left any series orphaned, but it's a shame that she passed away :(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Caught up with Hunter x Hunter anime and manga.

Now I don't know what to do with my life.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
jD93AUY.jpg

Hetakoi
Thankfully, this one was pretty good! The plot it's started when a guy in his 20th birthday goes to a hotspring alone and finds a woman passed out on the other side. Since he was embarrassed about seeing her in that state (she was totally spread open, so to speak), he just left after calling the personnel of the inn. He thought that it would be the end of it, but an old senpai of him called him in college and suggested going to the Tabisen club (a club dedicated to the hot springs culture) and finds that one of the members in that club is the same woman he saw passed out, after she speaks about some details of her last vacations. The plot it's essentially a simple love story with plenty of drama involved and terrible coincidences all around. Thankfully, the end it's pretty good and and pretty satisfactory, so it's something that I would recommend if you're looking for something romantic with some amount of sexiness (the series contains some nudity and depictions of sexual acts but nothing too blatant).

Sadly, I read that the mangaka that made this manga died in 2013 due to a heart disease. At least it seems that she didn't left any series orphaned, but it's a shame that she passed away :(

It was a really good manga in my book, the beginning was hilarious and the rest of the story was lighthearted and sweet until it reached the ending with some tug and pull. Its sad to hear an author pass away, may she rest in peace.

Caught up with Hunter x Hunter anime and manga.

Now I don't know what to do with my life.

You do it all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom