• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of love for Boku no Hero, but I plan to read that when I return from Africa in a few years. I want it to have more chapters before I start on that. Not familiar with OPM though.
OPM is really well drawn with a ton of action scenes... you'll likely be able to breeze through it (there is also the original work but the art isn't on par)

seeing your other choices of Vagabond and Kingdom I'd recommend you to read VinLand Saga and Berserk if you haven't already

Necrovex

I think Punpun is the best in w/e genre it being classified as.

That said, I can recommend 2 good manga that has similar depressing tone, Himizu & Kokou no Hito.

Thanks for the recommendations. I suppose it would be too much to find another PunPun. :p
usually I just read random movie/show from inflight entertainment. to lazy to pull out my gadget.

or sleep

or going to toilet may ties so I dont simply sit down for whole flight

I pee like a racehorse so that won't be a problem.

OPM is really well drawn with a ton of action scenes... you'll likely be able to breeze through it (there is also the original work but the art isn't on par)

seeing your other choices of Vagabond and Kingdom I'd recommend you to read VinLand Saga and Berserk if you haven't already

Vinland Saga is on my mini list. And suggesting someone Berserk is cruel. We both know the manga will end without Guts ever leaving his boat.

Vinland Saga is on my mini list. And suggesting someone Berserk is cruel. We both know the manga will end without Guts ever leaving his boat.
lol the suffering is always there

Nanatsu no Taizai 111

I knew this for awhile but this chapter just cements it..... Gowther is some frakenstein like individual made by Merlin

That or some Monster disguised as a human.... hence why he has to consume that medicine from Merlin

Or the medicine likely controls his emotions.... I wonder how it is going to affect Hawk seeing as he ate it

Side Note: I don't trust Merlin she has to many secrets

Nanatsu no Taizai 111

I knew this for awhile but this chapter just cements it..... Gowther is some frakenstein like individual made by Merlin

That or some Monster disguised as a human.... hence why he has to consume that medicine from Merlin

Or the medicine likely controls his emotions.... I wonder how it is going to affect Hawk seeing as he ate it

I've been thinking all these possibilities too.

He could be incubus too, or something similar to it. Maybe he changes bodies or something akin to a parasite.

I've been thinking all these possibilities too.

He could be incubus too, or something similar to it. Maybe he changes bodies or something akin to a parasite.

that could make sense as well

The medicine likely extends his time with his current body but after that battle with the Main Holy Knight guy his motives became more dark

Reknoc

lol the suffering is always there

Nanatsu no Taizai 111

That... doesn't seem like it cements anything!

I thought construct, like a Golem or something but now I'm not sure with the Guila stuff.

Actually I kinda thought that, in 100 or so when you see him in Guila's house, that her brother had died and Gowther was using his mind stuff to "replace" him. Guess that's not the case though lol

Hetakoi
Thankfully, this one was pretty good! The plot it's started when a guy in his 20th birthday goes to a hotspring alone and finds a woman passed out on the other side. Since he was embarrassed about seeing her in that state (she was totally spread open, so to speak), he just left after calling the personnel of the inn. He thought that it would be the end of it, but an old senpai of him called him in college and suggested going to the Tabisen club (a club dedicated to the hot springs culture) and finds that one of the members in that club is the same woman he saw passed out, after she speaks about some details of her last vacations. The plot it's essentially a simple love story with plenty of drama involved and terrible coincidences all around. Thankfully, the end it's pretty good and and pretty satisfactory, so it's something that I would recommend if you're looking for something romantic with some amount of sexiness (the series contains some nudity and depictions of sexual acts but nothing too blatant).

Sadly, I read that the mangaka that made this manga died in 2013 due to a heart disease. At least it seems that she didn't left any series orphaned, but it's a shame that she passed away :(

I honestly liked the first half more than the second half but it managed to finish alright.

once
that vagrant reappeared everything went to shit and also the MC's first moment of being proactive resulted in a fucking disaster that was painful (in the "this is garbage way") to read. Luckily he got better.

And yea its sad that the author passed away and while its way late condolences and RIP :(

Wanderer5

Fairy Tail 416

Well that was quite a end to the arc.
LOL at Doranbolt actually being a FT member afterall, and damn at Etherious Natsu Dragneel. This ought to be interesting.

Viz jump is also free for all today.

One punch man 39.2 & 40
Yes speed o sound sonic getting much time. I hope he euns into his saitama again. Sonic will win for sure. Garo is alright but Sonic is still best of the nonheroes.

Shouta

Nanatsu no Taizai 111

Well, considering Gowther getting medicine from Merlin to maintain his body, it would lend credence to him being more than just a human. It makes sense considering several things

A) Gowther had a huge armor originally. It had the ability to suppress magic as I recall (I'll have to reread that chapter when i get home.
B) Lack of real emotions and understanding of human interactions.
C) His ability to manipulate the minds of others. I don't think any of the others had anything similar to this other than the fairy ability to listen to someone's voice.
D) Gowther got hit right in the chest and still survived, though uh, I can't recall if that was an illusion.
E) Why that kid in the village thought he was Armand and took on the image of his mother.

Food Wars! 102

I just hope Kurokiba Ryou gets first or second while Hayama gets last. Kurokiba deserves top marks as his dish looked the most tasty and his backstory was good and emotional.

Taku could have commented or something.

Koibana Kiseki 01

She transfers in and so we experience the whole everyone being amazed at the transfer student and her relationship with the protag, yawn.

Soma 102

Y'know when they list out Soma's achievements like that it's a wonder anyone thinks he will lose at all.

Lol at that one guy saying "But Kurokiba practices against Alice every day" like Soma didn't beat Alice

Busaiku

jbssvFZY2e6ue5.png

Reknoc

Nanatsu no Taizai 111

Well, considering Gowther getting medicine from Merlin to maintain his body, it would lend credence to him being more than just a human. It makes sense considering several things

A) Gowther had a huge armor originally. It had the ability to suppress magic as I recall (I'll have to reread that chapter when i get home.
B) Lack of real emotions and understanding of human interactions.
C) His ability to manipulate the minds of others. I don't think any of the others had anything similar to this other than the fairy ability to listen to someone's voice.
D) Gowther got hit right in the chest and still survived, though uh, I can't recall if that was an illusion.
E) Why that kid in the village thought he was Armand and took on the image of his mother.

He also has apps:

jnX1sYk.png

I think there was another reference to something similar to this as well.

Aizo

Banned
As of this week, I'll now have two days off from work each week that I can count on (I had zero before). I have a bunch of other shit to do every day, still, but I'm gonna start translating stuff for Akito again. Working on Tsukiyo no Toratsugumi again.
It's a new year, so I hope I can post read manga more and start posting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom