• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

As of this week, I'll now have two days off from work each week that I can count on (I had zero before). I have a bunch of other shit to do every day, still, but I'm gonna start translating stuff for Akito again. Working on Tsukiyo no Toratsugumi again.

It's a new year, so I hope I can post read manga more and start posting again.

Looks like Gisèle Alain.
My superior Google skills tell me it's the same author.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I stopped reading Nanatsu for a bit because I was bored of the whole thing but holy shit they're going in hard on the power levels now.

diaspora

Prison School 164

Holy shit, Hana.
Loyal from the very beginning.

JPVqxBm.jpg

edit: Oh jesus, how the fuck will this turn out in the anime, goddamn.

1421631026094.jpg

So, is next week really the final chapter of Lair Game?

I'm going to be pissed if so. I've enjoyed it very much, even if it's a bit too similar throughout it's run. It's really well written and smart and it feels like this would just be a terrible smash-cut ending.

I stopped reading Nanatsu for a bit because I was bored of the whole thing but holy shit they're going in hard on the power levels now.

Aren't most Shonen manga turning towards power levels. I guess it's like some kind of easy solution for Mangaka's these days.

Only one to visibly make the dean's clothes rip right off him and make him grin like Ryou did.

Managed to get an even better foodgasm from Mama Alice than Akira without having it be lewd.

All the students being prepped to cheer his name when it's announced.

I'm actually kind of glad they didn't even show Gin's reaction.

That would have just been overkill.

I'm actually kind of glad they didn't even show Gin's reaction.

That would have just been overkill.

I'm glad the story actually acknowledged the bullshit that Soma goes through in terms of being seen as a legitimate competitor, but lol at them throwing Kurokiba under the bus.

He's similar to Souma, as well, in terms of being someone who never gave up/polished his skill through every encounter. And he's actually got it harder than Souma since he fights against Alice and not a Jouichiro.

World Trigger 89

Hanzaki needs more time, he has the best character design of the bunch, and probably my fifth overall of the whole manga. Why'd he have to go out like that when he was so close too even. Poor kid.
Fantastic chapter, one of the best in the whole manga. Yuma will win this thing (and I loved how he and Midorikawa had got some training in before hand to learn Grasshopper).

Furyous

Kakemakumo, Kashikoki

Synopsis:

Essentially, a homeless adult eats food at shrine that was supposed to be an engagement ring for a nine tailed fox. He becomes the bride of the a male fox out of necessity in order to find a way to undue the marriage. This is a slightly funny manga.

For a second there I was suckered into thinking this was yaoi manga. However, it's not and is more comedic than anything.

Tiger Dragon Brothers

Two brothers climb a mountain to meet a sage to learn a super secret art.

Pretty funny. Nice humor, the art and action's pretty nice. This oneshot has potential to become a full series.

Wait isn't this from the author of Beezlebub.

Oh so it is. Might check it out because I really did enjoy the humor from Beezlebub.

Gakkyu Hotei 6

Another fantastic case solved in a truly brilliant and unferseable manner. It was perfect.

Im glad Higashide didnt do it. He is so good.

And if he is truly a main antagonist, I hope he can keep a major role as we go forward.
B7wMZTJCUAAkpJ9.png:large

Usobuko

Banned
Eeeeyup, that sounds like a Scandinavian movie alright

It seems light-hearted in the first half with just old friends reminiscing on the good old days before turning up a notch with how young men deal with anxiety of the future.

As of this week, I'll now have two days off from work each week that I can count on (I had zero before). I have a bunch of other shit to do every day, still, but I'm gonna start translating stuff for Akito again. Working on Tsukiyo no Toratsugumi again.

It's a new year, so I hope I can post read manga more and start posting again.

Yes please.

I read Hana no Mori no Majo-san from this collection and was wondering when I will ever see the day of this again.

Oresama Teacher Vol.03

We get even more characters introduced and each one is better than the last. Having such an ensemble cast is pretty damn impressive especially with each one with their own silly quirks. We also been fortunate enough to not have any bad characters yet either.

And even here Kashima is putting those bishie sparkles to work.

Shouta

Aren't most Shonen manga turning towards power levels. I guess it's like some kind of easy solution for Mangaka's these days.

Most use it in some form either grades or straight power levels. The good authors know how to use it properly though. Suzuki has actually been doing it within the manga since the beginning but just made it into a power level now. Notice how sad King is physically, lol

D) Gowther got hit right in the chest and still survived, though uh, I can't recall if that was an illusion.

He was decapitated.

Ah, that was later. I was thinking earlier in the arc when they faced Dreyfuss.

Yes he did get stabbed by Dreyfuss but the first few pages where it showed him still fighting with a gigantic whole in his chest was part of Gowther's illusion

of course Gowther later lost this mental battle since the thing that possessed Dreyfuss defeated Gowther mentally

in which he later fell down unconscious with a stab wound on his chest.... the fact that if he'd survive from such a wound seen in that illusion and still be merry from it is likely seeing as he was decapitated later and just shrugged it off

Viz jump is also free for all today.

Now everyone can see how terrible VIz's manga player is

YAAAAAAAH!!

wonzo

Banned
Nakamura Koedo to Daizu Keisuke wa Umaku Ikanai 0-4

Quirky romance series are always bundles of fun but I can see this one gettin' real old real quick. So far it's ok tho.

boku girl 37

would rather he yuri it up with takeru's lil sis

aunt tits 151-152

post-blueballs "will he get it in" speculation isnt all that fun :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So, is next week really the final chapter of Lair Game?

I'm going to be pissed if so. I've enjoyed it very much, even if it's a bit too similar throughout it's run. It's really well written and smart and it feels like this would just be a terrible smash-cut ending.

I wouldn't characterize Liar Game as "really well written", and not even "smart."

The concept itself is stupid and often times it seems like the authors just don't care about the readers: it always feels like to me--especially when they are explaining all the convoluted rules and solutions to the various games themselves---that they are interested in only showing "oh look how smart we are by making all these explanations" instead of "let's making this enjoyable to our readers."

Not to mention the presented art is even lazier than Bleach, and that's saying something.

Shokugeki no Soma 102

Paraphrasing "Soma isn't talented but he has the ability to never give up despite the odds.... /or/ he has courage to never back down despite the odds"

:/

Nah... I pretty sure the dude is talented
Also that dish doesn't sound pleasing at all

He can still lose this though.... that would be a surprise

Weren't some of you guys taking bets?

out of curiosity and just for the fun of it I decided to check out how Yu Gi Oh is doing

So I went online and searched for their new opening for the latest series

....Why

Edit: I mean is there literally like that one dude who was there since the original series who is still up to date with everything... and I mean everything

I can get Pokemon.... the anime keeps Ash around and the games sell so there is a reason but for Yu Gi Oh..... the title has the bloody guy's name on it and he wasn't present for how long

Usobuko

Banned
out of curiosity and just for the fun of it I decided to check out how Yu Gi Oh is doing

....Why

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytMDJiZ3M7E

I heard the show was pretty interesting. Something like in this new world where every summon from the past YGO ( Normal, Special, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz ) are now competing against each other. Pendulum Summon is the trademark for Arc V.

I watched the first 3 seasons of YGO only though.

....Why

Edit: I mean is there literally like that one dude who was there since the original series who is still up to date with everything... and I mean everything

I can get Pokemon.... the anime keeps Ash around and the games sell so there is a reason but for Yu Gi Oh..... the title has the bloody guy's name on it and he wasn't present for how long
Believe x Believe is the best of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V ops, while ed 2, Future Fighter is the best of the two EDs. I like how Arc-V has the different dimensions, standard, synchro, etc for the different summonings, its incredible. And then the Yuuya, Yuuto, Yuugo, and Yuuri for each one. Im looking forward to how they can resolve things and bring entertainment back to dueling instead of War. I thought Zexal was amazing but this is like exponentially more amazing. First series and GX cant compare.

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytMDJiZ3M7E

I heard the show was pretty interesting. Something like in this new world where every summon from the past YGO ( Normal, Special, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz ) are now competing against each other. Pendulum Summon is the trademark for Arc V.

I watched the first 3 seasons of YGO only though.

Believe x Believe is the best of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V ops, while ed 2, Future Fighter is the best of the two EDs. I like how Arc-V has the different dimensions, standard, synchro, etc for the different summonings, its incredible. I thought Zexal was amazing but this is like exponentially more amazing. First series and GX cant compare.

I'm sorry but you guys lost me.... especially DTL

whatever happened to Egyptian Pharaohs? there was that academy series called GX and that mortocycle thingy ma jiggy

Edit: What really threw me off was the opening 2 for that latest one.... I mean it is literally so random i don't understand

dumbyugi

....Why

Arc V isn't that bad. Actually I'd say Zexal is the only horrible series, though I'm not a fan of GX either. I need to catch up with Arc V but from what I've seen I'd rank the series as Orginal > 5Ds > Arc V > GX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zexal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom