• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any manga that does the underdog theme justice?

Naruto used to be one before he's revealed as this prodigy chosen one that is also the son of a prodigy, lol.

Slamdunk... kind of gives off that vibe from time to time, but I don't know how "underdog" you can be when you have a super genius and awesome rookie along with the best center in the district playing in your team.

Soma... the recent effort the mangaka trying to pull to show how much of an underdog Soma is, is truly LOLworthy..

Baby Steps, I think. But I don't know how long that will last.

Usobuko

Banned
Is Kotonoha dead for Meguru? They were once a premier source for good stuff.

I redid that one, too. I found the original translation to be a bit awkward.

Thanks again! I am grateful for incomplete series on my reading list to get pick up and even more so it's one that I like.

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch152

Oh boy.

Shokugeki no Soma ch102

Well, gotta give it to him for sticking to mostly cheap ingredients.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch61.5

What good friends~

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
You do it all over again.

have you read berserk

Welcome to the club! Now go read Berserk if you haven't done so yet and after that Nyan Koi!. Catching up to often Hiatus filled mangas is just painful....also fuck Idolmaster and DQ!

Read Tokyo Ghoul, that will surely keep you entertained.

Berserk manga last chapter I read was when Rickert was going to talk to Griffith in Falconia.

What's Tokyo Ghoul about?

_hekk05

Banned
From the rawlands: Tsujiura-san to Chupacabra

Giving you some forceful romance

meobge.jpg

xspvip.jpg

Berserk manga last chapter I read was when Rickert was going to talk to Griffith in Falconia.

What's Tokyo Ghoul about?

Here's a synopsis

Strange murders are happening in Tokyo. Due to liquid evidence at the scene, the policemen conclude the attacks are the results of "eater" type ghouls. College buddies Kaneki and Hide come up with the idea that ghouls are imitating humans so that's why they haven't ever seen one. Little did they know that their theory may very well become reality.

It has really good characterization and the characters aren't one dimensional. The symbolism and foreshadowing is really good and at times it feels like a novel. Though the MC is what really defines this series and you'll find out why if you read the manga. Also the art starts to get a lot better as the story goes on. Finally I almost forgot to mention it has a sequel called Tokyo Ghoul:Re that's ongoing.

Assassination Classroom 115
B7zNPbGCcAAcUMN.png

What if Asano gets thrown into Class E. That would be perfect, the best masterminds in the manga, Karma kun and Asano together at last. They could definitely devise and take out korosensei easily (with Nagisa, Terasaka, and Itona's help of course).

Me! I was afraid Yuki's novelty would wear thin but fortunately the author doesn't use it often as interest crutch, thanks to the other strong cast of characters.

Things are getting pretty exciting, too.

Yeah, this is the first time I've seen a story where such a thing has positive aspects to it as well. Usually when characters do things like Yuki does it's purely negative for themselves and those around them. And seeing how the other characters struggle has been an interesting source of drama.

is bassicallyy HOTD done right. but more cute than ecchi

I'm enjoying it a lot more than HOTD. I think the lack of HOTD's bombastic nature lets them focus on the quieter moments since those are just as important if not more so than any encounter with adversaries. This has real potential to be a great anime if done right.

Yamada and the Seven Witches 140 and 141
B7zhVBBCEAAL1mE.png:large

I hope it wont be ending soon. But I will like going back to the supernatural club silliness, especially if Kurosaki sticks around. Tamaki will be a good president.

Nordicus

Sakura Discord 1

So this is Jitsu wa Watashi wa author's earlier manga? I wasn't instantly enamored with this like I was with JwWw, mostly because the protagonist was such a moody bitch.

Still, Masuda Eiji's humor is noticeable and it's probably a safe bet that it'll soon overtake the "we couldn't win a single baseball game no matter how we tried" angst

dani_dc

Keijo 16

"That rack is quite useful, for example, holding the opponent head in there..."

He's not talented as

Seriously, show me when Soma has been the type to suddenly pull shit out of his ass when he has been consistently portrayed as hard working for the last 102 chapters of the manga.

Hell the best part about the soy soup is that it's pretty much inspired from his father's recipe, when he lost that battle.

He works as hard as anyone else in the series, and out of the three in the final I would say that only Hayama has a "gift" (the smelling ability), Ryō Kurokiba got to where he is simply by working hard.

Nightbird

Fairy Tail 416:

So this END being Natsu Theory was true in the End? Seriously, this is the most shocking thing about this Chapter!

Fairy Tail Zero 7:

Again proving that the Spinn-Off is superior to the Main Series

Furyous

akame ga kill -

lol @
Mine ending up a vegetative state.
This feels worse than death; good job, Takahiro.

*Does my googles*

How did this happen? Are you talking about the manga or anime? I'm only on chapter 55 so maybe there's new information somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom