• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

7 Seeds 110 - End of Minor Heat

So I have mixed feelings on the last few 10 chapters or so.
The character arc for Ango was extremely satisfying, from his continued failure to deal with other humans to him being faced with the fact that, for all his talk of thinking for himself, he had been limited in his ability to see the world outside of the box his teachers had created.

However I really disliked the "we have to turn off the countdown" plot, both it's premise as well as in execution. Without going on how clichéd it was, it added nothing in particular to the story, everything that happened in terms of character growth could had been done with the already existing "escape the ship" premise.
The section where they tried to deactivate the shutdown was completely out of place, the security questions were bizarre but easy to reply for plot convenience reasons (why was there a picture of a cat?), and having bracelets with the codes is such a bizarre thing that I have a hard time commenting on.
It all felt like a puzzle out the "Zero Escape" series but without the justification of being a videogame.

The same goes for the bacteria chase, the speed at which the bacteria started spreading, and the fact that it was literally chasing Natsu (as amused as I was with the justification for that), made the entire situation hard to take serious.

I'm mostly glad that this arc is done. Even if I'm frustrated that the author ended the arc at a c!iffhanger with Angon admission of Hana death.

Now we're going to a new arc. As suspected Hana is actually still alive, not a big fan of the fake death situation, but I'll take it.
The young Hana chapter broke all levels of cute.

Yo, there's a Boku Girl
h-
doujinshi, and it just got translated.

(Name's Boku no Mousou by Lookpapa by the way.)

Your knowledge of things always surprises me.

Zweizer

Banned

However I really disliked the "we have to turn off the countdown" plot, both it's premise as well as in execution. Without going on how clichéd it was, it added nothing in particular to the story, everything that happened in terms of character growth could had been done with the already existing "escape the ship" premise.
The section where they tried to deactivate the shutdown was completely out of place, the security questions were bizarre but easy to reply for plot convenience reasons (why was there a picture of a cat?), and having bracelets with the codes is such a bizarre thing that I have a hard time commenting on.
It all felt like a puzzle out the "Zero Escape" series but without the justification of being a videogame.

The same goes for the bacteria chase, the speed at which the bacteria started spreading, and the fact that it was literally chasing Natsu (as amused as I was with the justification for that), made the entire situation hard to take serious.

Yeah, I was rather disappointed that the boat shelter was fairly uninteresting, especially compared to the incredible Ryugu shelter arc. The bacteria stuff in particular didn't really made sense. It's a shame really, because the ship setting and its layout were pretty neat. I'm guessing the author wanted to avoid another heavy flashback arc, and tried a more subtle approach, which would be fine if the whole missiles + bacteria combination didn't felt so contrived.

At least the copious amount of character development makes up for it.

I am but a humble disciple of smut~

So I have mixed feelings on the last few 10 chapters or so.
The character arc for Ango was extremely satisfying, from his continued failure to deal with other humans to him being faced with the fact that, for all his talk of thinking for himself, he had been limited in his ability to see the world outside of the box his teachers had created.

I'm mostly glad that this arc is done. Even if I'm frustrated that the author ended the arc at a c!iffhanger with Angon admission of Hana death.

Now we're going to a new arc. As suspected Hana is actually still alive, not a big fan of the fake death situation, but I'll take it.
The young Hana chapter broke all levels of cute.

The thing with 7 Seeds is I generally overlook some of the tech/mythical plot devices. All I remember about that arc is how Ango's redemption was done REALLY well.

What you said was right lol. I just don't mind when what 7 Seeds does right, it does really really well.

brassica

Prison School 1 - 152

Oh my......
Mushrooms, scissors and plastic bottles

And they plan to make an anime of it? How? They would need to censor almost everything!

Usobuko

Banned
Catching up with the rest of Usamaru Furuya stuff before I jump to Yoshiharu Tsuge. Also reading Touch concurrently.

Palepoli Chapter 1

SFlBUnx.png

The doraemon page was more hilarious but nsfw.

Revo

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou 1-9

Sometimes goes the full circle of stupidity to make it funny, othertimes not.

Probably not an appropriate manga to read in the morning.

Super super super lewd.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait. What do you mean?

Most of the series picked up for International Jump were swiftly killed off. Barrage, Takamagahara, Stealth Symphony, Cross Manage, and now Hi-Fi Cluster. Hence the "International Jump Curse". The only outlier is World Trigger, which I'll never understand how that managed to survive...

Gakkyu Hotei is too early to tell. It doesn't get ranked until next week.

Watamote 71
I can only hope that this arc ends with her getting a bit close to glasses girl.

OPM 62
Saitama's lecture was so good. Genos's smirk makes it even better.

Fairy Tail Zero 7
Hades got noticed by Zeref-senpai.

UQ Holder! 65
So they gotta go in costumed. Also, yes, more battles incoming.

So long Hi-Fi Cluster. International Jump strikes again!
Haikyuu!! (Cover, Lead CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
One Piece
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Souma
World Trigger
Tenjou no Aruwando (One Shot, CP)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gakkyuu Houtei (CP)

At least we get a CP of the best new series since Stealth Symphony, hyped, and World Trigger getting so much love.

I wonder if Hero Academia will be added this round. It probably has to be one viz's most requested titles in the surveys (assassination classroom too), would be so good to finally not be >10chps behind current.

rrc1594

Half & Half 11

Seo you are a fucking genius.

So let me get this straight, you need to die because you can't deal with the pain of me dying.

The fuck Shinichi you slick bastard

mdubs

Banned
I enjoyed it, although the story certainly is getting very slice of lifeish. I wish there was a little more direction again but I'm enjoying very much the little moments between Hori and Miyamura

Huehuehuehuehue~

Well, I mainly didn't expect Boku Girl to be popular enough to get a doujinshi.

what?

it has a gender bender as the main theme, i'm surprised it didn't get one sooner lol

Imagine the reactions if it never gets canned.

:trollface

Horimiya 47

So they really skipped the previous plot with the other 2? really.

While i'm alright with the main duo returning but still, wtf at that

Most of the series picked up for International Jump were swiftly killed off. Barrage, Takamagahara, Stealth Symphony, Cross Manage, and now Hi-Fi Cluster. Hence the "International Jump Curse". The only outlier is World Trigger, which I'll never understand how that managed to survive...

Gakkyu Hotei is too early to tell. It doesn't get ranked until next week.

I thought the bigger question is how Cross Manage got 40+ chapters.

dani_dc

Yeah, I was rather disappointed that the boat shelter was fairly uninteresting, especially compared to the incredible Ryugu shelter arc. The bacteria stuff in particular didn't really made sense. It's a shame really, because the ship setting and its layout were pretty neat. I'm guessing the author wanted to avoid another heavy flashback arc, and tried a more subtle approach, which would be fine if the whole missiles + bacteria combination didn't felt so contrived.

At least the copious amount of character development makes up for it.

I have a hard time seeing what the point of the bacteria was in terms of the story itself, unlike the missiles (which do tell us how desesperated the crew was), the bacteria was just sort of there doing it's thing.

The thing with 7 Seeds is I generally overlook some of the tech/mythical plot devices. All I remember about that arc is how Ango's redemption was done REALLY well.

What you said was right lol. I just don't mind when what 7 Seeds does right, it does really really well.

I try to not ponder to much on those issues when I can, or at least blame the issues on the characters instead of the writing (really, who decided to put all the storage food in the same area in the Ryugu shelter? Do this people not learn about danger assessment?), but this arc went a bit too far in that regard to the point where it hurt my enjoyment of it.

That doesn't take away from Ango arc which was really well done though.

Zweizer

Banned
I have a hard time seeing what the point of the bacteria was in terms of the story itself, unlike the missiles (which do tell us how desesperated the crew was), the bacteria was just sort of there doing it's thing.

Probably both as a means to force the group to collaborate (which was unneeded), and to show a facet of mutations that certain organisms underwent like the mites did.

They were, as you said, pretty pointless.

Haikyuu!! 142
B8ER9R_CMAALJxU.png:large

lol Tsukki. Tsukki scores are always the best.

But wow the final page of the chapter, where is an s3 announcement. I need to see this new attack in action.

Also Kindaichi was awesome, Aobajosai has so many good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom