• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Tokyo Ghoul RE

Ah, its starting to build up again and a few character reappeared. Soon the gears will start to turn and Haise will no longer be able to stop. Plus, that last page spooked me, you can feel the authoritative nature of the special class investigator. The art may be rough but holy hell does it induce emotions from me.

ONE PIECE

This shit is trash and Oda should be ashamed.

So many filler for uninteresting fights for uninteresting characters. Just hurry up and return to the main cast/fights already.

What a bore.

lolm8, you know you're going to read that manga till end of the time
like the rest of us mwahahaha

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tokyo Ghoul Re 13
Background story for UG investigator.
Yeah, Kaneki not going back anytime soon.

Mob Psycho latest

I really hope Mob family is okay.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Girl the Wild's

I've tried reading manwha before and never really liked them but I'm really enjoying this. It's the first manwha I've read past the first chapter. In fact, I hated manwha so much that I would filter them out anytime I was doing a search for something related to manga if such a filter was available. I'm still not sold on manwha and almost view this as an anomaly of sorts but nevertheless, I'm really enjoying it.

Also....

One Punch Man
Keep reading about One Hurricane... is it like some shitty OTP-type forum meme?

Horimiya 47

So basically brushing over Hori's perversion. Then brushing over the possible new beta couple.

All for a school festival. I feel insanely cheated.

Yea its pretty damn weird.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................ ONE's version of One Punch Man is awesome. I wouldn't even feel the need to defy anyone thinking it is the better version than Murata's.

You missed my other post

I actually read the entire thing, its just that now i will have to wait. :(

Tokyo Ghoul:re 13 Spoilers!

4vZqplU.jpg

!!!!!!!?!????!😙😙😙

The moment you just realize that a guy dressed up as a chick looks better than all the girls in the series. Like wut!
I mean just look at this....

cfryYOW.jpg

Seriously if I didn't already know that was Haise, I would of believed that was a female. To make it worse he learned all this in a book, then again he learns everything from books since the beginning. Though seeing Shirazu as a female was hilarious. Anyways the backstory of why Saiko always seems lazy and unmotivated was pretty sad and helped deepen her character which I greatly appreciate. The scene with Mutsuki struggling over the gaze of men, makes me believe she had some kind of trauma. I gotta say though she does look cute when she wears a lady outfit.

The conversation between Shirazu and Haise is making me believe that something is gonna occurr down the line. Especially when Shirazu asked Haise if he would leave CCG if he were to regain his memories. But fuck it made me depressed when Haise wondered if his Haise personality would die if he did regain his memories.

2KMBV71.jpg

Man is this face ready for tragedy.
The lovely bastards Pierrot have arrived. With Roma and Nico setting their eyes on Haise who seems to be too happy to them or in Roma's case.
Roma is like the readers voice who wants Kaneki back so bad. I mean she's definitely gonna screw things up for Haise.
Also dat Afro though.

Then at the end Washuu's son is shown, his father is the boss of CCG. I wonder what his motivation is.

Usobuko

Banned
School Rumble Z ( Ended )

More than a decade since I started reading School Rumble and more than 5 years since I finished it. Took me a while to remember all the names.

I guess this is as close as it gets!

Revo

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. 44

I don't want her to become a god, but I do want Uka to become a human. The crossroads D:

Why is that?

Mmm, the hoodlum-looking guy is the one who should have begged of be helped, but that speech bubble is pointing towards Tama(?) instead. So I'm assuming the translator mixed the pronouns up and the conversation goes like:

"Please don't do bad things anymore and I'd help you up." --> "Shut up! I ain't wanna be helped!"

Unless there's another context to this sequence.

Usobuko

Banned
Mmm, the hoodlum-looking guy is the one who should have begged of be helped, but that speech bubble is pointing towards Tama(?) instead. So I'm assuming the translator mixed the pronouns up and the conversation goes like:

"If you wouldn't do bad things anymore I'd help you up." --> "Shut up! I ain't wanna be helped!"

Unless there's another context to this sequence.

There is no context to this.

Now I get what you meant, I think you're right. I should have pay more attention to this.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
lolm8, you know you're going to read that manga till end of the time
like the rest of us mwahahaha

Well of course. It annoys me so much how he paces around this arc though.

This is getting close to Bleach level now. So trash.

SPOTTED FLOWER

Huh....... this is gotta be one of the horniest MILF I've ever seen in a non-hentai work, hahaha.

Revo

Konjiki no Word Master 1-2

MC is cool. I think his power was in Medaka box.

Otherwise seems average RP world stuff.

Nightbird

Gintama 526

I wanted to stop reading the Manga after the Anime was confirmed to return. I thought i should at least finish this Arc.
I never made such a huge Mistake. ;-;

Revo

Konjiki no Word Master (LN) ch 1-26

Got really bored and saw there weren't too many chapters so I read what was out. Was enjoyable enough. Progresses fast enough so that it doesn't get dragged down in the leveling process. New characters are also decent.

Hopefully manga adapts faithfully enough to keep the same feel.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Q 2-3
Q likes to eat
Q likes donut a lot.
Q hate it when someone interrupt her meal.
Q cry when a grenade destroy her meal.
Q destroy a battle ship because it destroy her meal, a gigantic size monster.

Oh, and there's this one dude with an eyepatch, a horny onesan, and group of badass called U7.

Revo

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 1-11

RPGy series are always carried by their MC. Great MC here.

Poor SAO, to be stuck with Kirito.

_hekk05

Banned
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 1-11

RPGy series are always carried by their MC. Great MC here.

Poor SAO, to be stuck with Kirito.

More people for the ride!

That said, the web novel eventually takes the story into a somewhat weird turn. I'm not sure if I like it.

The religion stuff sounds so stupid, how he's seen as a god yadda yadda, how the king and meln hate him because he's the devil yadda yadda, but then again religion never made any sense to me ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

Frog-fu

Banned
Kingdom 417

Hi Shin Unit can't be fucked with. Though they'd be probably done in without Ten directing them. Really like those shots of Shin destroying his enemies with his glaive but I'd like to see him use more of his sword again.

A question to my fellow Kingdom readers: since the civil war between Ei Sei and Ryō Fū I seems inevitable, will the Four Pillars of Ryō actually side with him? I know they belong to his same faction, but Shō Hei Kun and Mō Bū don't strike me as the types to go along with his plan to overthrown Ei Sei and become the rule of Qin. If they do, I suppose that'll mean Shin and Mō Ten will become enemies, and in that case I think it'll definitely mean Shin will have to take on Bū, which is something I'd like to see. I actually think Shin could fuck Bū up, given the right motivation and all. He did send Hō Ken packing two years ago, and he was dead tired and injured at the time.

Kingdom is great especially when marathon through it

Vinland Saga is a good read.... I like Kingdom more though.... never read the other though

Kingdom is definitely a lot of fun to marathon. The thing I enjoy the most about it is probably that the reader really gets to witness Shin progressing and growing. It's been 9-10 years by the story timeline and Shin has definitely grown up and matured quite a bit.

Ubel Blatt is whatever. Probably more bad than good thinking about it.

Definitely Vinland Saga.

Thanks for the recommendation. I read a bit of Übel Blatt a long time ago so I figured I'd give it another try, but it's not really capturing my attention. I'll give Vinland Saga a shot.

Read these 3 modern works.

Blade of the Immortal, Vinland Saga & Vagabond.

They are more similar to Kingdom because they are historical in setting. If you're still craving for more seinen action stuff, there's always Battle Angel Alita, Blame!, Berserk, Claymore, Dorohedoro, Eden: It's an Endless World!, Shin Angyo Onshi & Übel Blatt.

Yes, Vinland is a far better pick.

Thanks for the recommendations. I've heard nothing but praise for most of those. Will put 'em on my list.

yeah I can see One or maybe even two of Ryo's men switching sides
we've seen some of them have changes of heart in certain scenarios and likely after this whole shenanigan is over they'll likely see Sai as a worthy king

Especially Shou Hei Kun may switch over seeing as he's been overly surprised with Sai over the past arcs

Edit: What would be funny is if Sai Taku (the old dude) betrays Ryo
If they do, I suppose that'll mean Shin and Mō Ten will become enemies, and in that case I think it'll definitely mean Shin will have to take on Bū, which is something I'd like to see. I actually think Shin could fuck Bū up, given the right motivation and all. He did send Hō Ken packing two years ago, and he was dead tired and injured at the time.
Never thought of this

makes me really excited for such a prospect

Nightbird

^lol Just as i was about to write my first Impression of Gakkyuu Houtei! xD

Gakkyuu Houtei 1

This is great! I kinda overslept this Manga, but now i got around to read the First Chapter, and Holy Cow, i freaking love it. I'm getting some serious Ace Attorney Vibes from it, and this is good!

Now, i'm off to find Chapter 2!

Usobuko

Banned
About to finish Touch and I wonder how does it feel to stumble upon Adachi most recent work. Mix takes place in the same school but was set 26 years later. Especially for people who read Touch in their adolescent years.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch417

Arrows are pretty dang overpowered, huh.

My Hero Academia ch27

That's one interesting team. Not surprised at Uraraka's inclusion though.

_hekk05

Banned
what's the best way/source to download manga?
what's the best way to view it?

Legally, CR is pretty good, though if you don't live in the US you're shit outta luck. Amazon also sells a bunch of them in e-book format. Its honestly best on a tablet with a screen big enough for comfortable reading, and where you can flip them, preferably right to left. I think some readers allow you to do that.

We don't recommend illegally round these parts
says the guy reading raws everywhere

Frog-fu

Banned
yeah I can see One or maybe even two of Ryo's men switching sides
we've seen some of them have changes of heart in certain scenarios and likely after this whole shenanigan is over they'll likely see Sai as a worthy king

Especially Shou Hei Kun may switch over seeing as he's been overly surprised with Sai over the past arcs

Edit: What would be funny is if Sai Taku (the old dude) betrays Ryo
Never thought of this

makes me really excited for such a prospect

I can see Shō Hei Kun becoming neutral and simply siding with whomever emerges victorious. As we saw with Ka Ryō Ten when she began to learn strategy, though Mō Ki and Shō Hei Kun were aware of her allegiance to the Ei Sei faction, they didn't care. They were only interested in discussing strategy. I also think you're right in that Ei Sei has made a good impression on Shō, which would make the transition smoother.

It would be interesting to see Ka Ryō Ten square of against Mō Ki if the Hi Shin Unit were to clash with Mō Ten's Gaku Ka Unit. Shin would undoubtedly whoop Mō Ten in a fight, but they're buddies, and I'd actually much rather see him whoop Mō Bū. I honestly think Shin could win that fight.

I can definitely see Sai Taku switching sides without a second thought if Ei Sei wins.

Whatever happens, I just want Ryō Fū I to be utterly humiliated.

upandaway

Legally, CR is pretty good, though if you don't live in the US you're shit outta luck. Amazon also sells a bunch of them in e-book format. Its honestly best on a tablet with a screen big enough for comfortable reading, and where you can flip them, preferably right to left. I think some readers allow you to do that.

We don't recommend illegally round these parts
says the guy reading raws everywhere
Man, you're probably the hekkiest guy in this thread, it's crazy

_hekk05

Banned
Man, you're probably the hekkiest guy in this thread, it's crazy

welcome back panda

what does that even mean though?

I can't help it CR doesn't want to take my currency. I did sign up for a couple of months when I was in the states though

also rawlands too good. nightmare funk hasn't even been picked up yet, to say the least

upandaway

welcome back panda

what does that even mean though?

I can't help it CR doesn't want to take my currency. I did sign up for a couple of months when I was in the states though

also rawlands too good. nightmare funk hasn't even been picked up yet, to say the least
No I'm with you, CR doesn't play nice with me either in paid business, although I'm more upset at WSJ than them, since CR still puts a lot of chapters up for free

All I'm gonna do in terms of TL is Keijo and maybe Sakurai Energy shorts for the foreseeable future, no time for anything else (Akito is at his limit too)

I can see Shō Hei Kun becoming neutral and simply siding with whomever emerges victorious. As we saw with Ka Ryō Ten when she began to learn strategy, though Mō Ki and Shō Hei Kun were aware of her allegiance to the Ei Sei faction, they didn't care. They were only interested in discussing strategy. I also think you're right in that Ei Sei has made a good impression on Shō, which would make the transition smoother.

It would be interesting to see Ka Ryō Ten square of against Mō Ki if the Hi Shin Unit were to clash with Mō Ten's Gaku Ka Unit. Shin would undoubtedly whoop Mō Ten in a fight, but they're buddies, and I'd actually much rather see him whoop Mō Bū. I honestly think Shin could win that fight.

I can definitely see Sai Taku switching sides without a second thought if it Ei Sei wins.

Whatever happens, I just want Ryō Fū I to be utterly humiliated.
but you got to admit that Ryo is a boss regardless if he is the enemy....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Hero Academia 27

Nice for them to switch up teams again.... it gives us a chance to learn more about side characters

I am not sure if this new temporary team will be better then the protags best team aka the Frog Girl/The Protag/ and the small ball dude

Edit: Oh Panda's back... forgot you even existed man.... even though you are one of the main people who define MangaGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom