• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
Legally, CR is pretty good, though if you don't live in the US you're shit outta luck. Amazon also sells a bunch of them in e-book format. Its honestly best on a tablet with a screen big enough for comfortable reading, and where you can flip them, preferably right to left. I think some readers allow you to do that.

We don't recommend illegally round these parts
says the guy reading raws everywhere

how does manga fair on kindles? I know the older screens were low res, but the new kindles seem a lot better. Not sure how abouts the rendering handles though. Otherwise I'd probably just use my laptop for ebook versions.

Kingdom 417

Didn't expect them to counter with arrows, it was interesting.

I hope Shin uses his sword again, I miss it.

All-rounder Meguru 95

Meguru starts beasting, I feel bad for Muroi.

But man, Meguru's technique makes me smile and instills me with the desire to practice again.

Boku no Hero Academia 25
eY5t9.jpg

Indeed!

Nukoduke 50
What is this NTR vibe doing in my fluffy mango?

I finally started colouring my commission which in turn lead me to colour more shit.
Dammit, this might just turn into an addiction.

Raxus

My Hero Academia

Those faces! Them tears! That team!

In all seriousness it is a great chapter that helps further develop the characters. It makes sense Iida would split based on his goals. It is also nice the series won't boil down to BFF's 4 lyfe like some do. Uraraka seems to be fitting a stereotypical role at the moment and I'd like to see more for her but man they keep introducing interesting female supporting characters. Hell for a small moment I thought frog girl would be the last member and we would have 'Team Waifu' going on. Birdman makes sense for the strategy they are going for and it should be amazing seeing the team in action. I love Inspector Gadget joining the team. She seems like a great teammate to have around. Fingers crossed we see more of her in the future.

Stay losing Minoru.

Edit: on the topic of translation notes who wrote them? Seems weird to have a Harry Potter reference from the author.

Kingdom 417

Ancient Chinese Normandy.
And Shin can cleave through men like Guts now goddamn

My Hero Academia 27

That grape head kid is going to have a moment in a later arc where he saves everyone. I guarantee it.
Once again the Translation notes at the end of the chapter are much appreciated.

Reknoc

My Hero Academia 27

That grape head kid is going to have a moment in a later arc where he saves everyone. I guarantee it.
Once again the Translation notes at the end of the chapter are much appreciated.

Grape kid is going to get killed touching the S&M ladies butt.

He will die a true hero.

Frog-fu

Banned
but you got to admit that Ryo is a boss regardless if he is the enemy....

He's definitely a good adversary, that's for sure. He's kept the manga interesting from his first appearance. I also respect the fact he's been deliberate and patient, remaining a sinister force in the background just waiting to pounce. He waited too long though.

Meguro

Banned
Since I finally have some free time, I believe it´s time to post in here again.
(Not that I posted much before but I started to and just kinda stopped)

I managed to read the entirety of Tokyo Ghoul over Christmas and have now caught up with Re.
I liked Tokyo Ghoul, although sometimes it got overbearing with the whole "everybody has a tragic past" thing and the action was not always that easy to follow.
What surprised me was how much focus the Investigators got, especially in the final chapters. Juuzou might be my favorite character out of the whole cast.

Gintama 526

I refuse to believe any of this is real.

Sounds like i need to catch up to Kingdom again as that asshole Ryo seems to be finally making his move.

The look on his face when Sei
got is half Brother (who tried to get rid of him in the first arc) to watch the throne while he was gone was a great "Fuck You" moment
. LOL

Since I finally have some free time, I believe it´s time to post in here again.
(Not that I posted much before but I started to and just kinda stopped)

I managed to read the entirety of Tokyo Ghoul over Christmas and have now caught up with Re.
I liked Tokyo Ghoul, although sometimes it got overbearing with the whole "everybody has a tragic past" thing and the action was not always that easy to follow.
What surprised me was how much focus the Investigators got, especially in the final chapters. Juuzou might be my favorite character out of the whole cast.

Gintama 526

I refuse to believe any of this is real.

Yeah I can understand how the tragic past can get overbearing, but the thing is most of the Ghouls will definitely have a tragic past because of how they are looked at by humans. It also doesn't help that they are hunted every second of their lives. The CCG characters will also have tragic pasts as they are mostly Orphans whose parents were eaten or killed by Ghouls. Anyways Tokyo Ghoul is foremost a tragedy, which is why it contains lots of tragic pasts.

Meguro

Banned
Yeah I can understand how the tragic past can get overbearing, but the thing is most of the Ghouls will definitely have a tragic past because of how they are looked at by humans. It also doesn't help that they are hunted every second of their lives. The CCG characters will also have tragic pasts as they are mostly Orphans whose parents were eaten or killed by Ghouls. Anyways Tokyo Ghoul is foremost a tragedy, which is why it contains lots of tragic pasts.

You are right. It´s probably because I don´t usually read Tragedies and I marathoned through the last half in like 2 days. But yeah, Tokyo Ghoul being a Tragedy is no real surprise as Kaneki tells us that in the very first chapter.

dani_dc

7 Seeds 141

This current arc had a really slow start, the premise was a bit odd, but most of all the arc suffered from lack of focus, an obvious byproduct of featuring so many characters within the same arc.
Things are finally starting to pay off in recent chapters, so it kind of burns to caught up just when the story was getting interesting.

Ryo clearly didn't learn anything seeing as his plan is to shoot the old teacher as soon as he finds him, even if I can at least understand his logic better in this case.

Ango semi-breakdown on his boy-crush Arashi was pretty good, though they couldn't have chosen a worst moment to go their separate ways. Especially dangerous for Arashi.

Natsu was clearly not thinking when she decided to go after Arashi with a delay, and the results that followed where of no shock, though her finally starting to get closer to Semimaru was satisfying to see, and I really liked the scene where she talked with Hana, very good moment.

The series is at an awkward stage where there's still a lot of potential development for several of this characters but at the same time, with everyone finally meeting up, it feels like we're starting to reach the end game of the series.

Most of all I'm frustrated with the realization that the series is 12 year old and that I'll now have to painfully wait for each chapter individually.

Zweizer

Banned

Nukos are scary!

The series is at an awkward stage where there's still a lot of potential development for several of this characters but at the same time, with everyone finally meeting up, it feels like we're starting to reach the end game of the series.

Most of all I'm frustrated with the realization that the series is 12 year old and that I'll now have to painfully wait for each chapter individually.

I think there's still a long way to go before the series reachers its conclusion, as I honestly can't think of a character whose potential development is done.

The wait for new chapters will hurt though.

dani_dc

I think there's still a long way to go before the series reachers its conclusion, as I honestly can't think of a character whose potential development is done.

The wait for new chapters will hurt though.

I don't think we'll see all characters be "closed" in terms of development before the end of the series, though I do feel the same regarding their development, I just have a hard time seeing the series going on for much longer after all the characters are grouped up.

it'll end as it began. with centaur vaginas

As he said, horrifying.

Zweizer

Banned
I don't think we'll see all characters be "closed" in terms of development before the end of the series, though I do feel the same regarding their development, I just have a hard time seeing the series going on for much longer after all the characters are grouped up.

Eh, I'm sure the author will find ways to scatter them up again if needed. I'd be interested to see how the story will go with all of them together without necessarily reaching its conclusion though.

dani_dc

Eh, I'm sure the author will find ways to scatter them up again if needed. I'd be interested to see how the story will go with all of them together without necessarily reaching its conclusion though.

The only place the story can go is babies, everyone making babies.

Anyone up for a Suzuka re-read?

Grimce seems like he would want that.

Why go for a Suzuka re-read when we could go for one of the other Seo works?

7 seeds is in a monthly magazine, no?

I think the series still has at least 100 chapters to it, so more than 8 years.

100 chapters is such an large amount of content for 7 Seeds, while I wouldn't be shocked to see it lasting that long, I'm thinking we're likely going to see it end near chapter 200.

Usobuko

Banned
100 chapters is such an large amount of content for 7 Seeds, while I wouldn't be shocked to see it lasting that long, I'm thinking we're likely going to see it end near chapter 200.

I think it will take 25-30 chapters or so to wrap up this arc along with
the reunion of every groups
and then there will be a final arc for all of them
living together?

dani_dc

Years of following Berserk.
In reality I follow so many series (some don't even get updated monthly) that the wait doesn't feel very long when a chapter pops up.

That's how it is for me, there's this "high" period a day or two after reading a chapter, but I get distracted by something else after.

I think it will take 25-30 chapters or so to wrap up this arc along with
the reunion of every groups
and then there will be a final arc for all of them
living together?

Don't think it will take that many chapters to wrap up this arc, that would be longer than the arc has lasted so far, but otherwise that's where I see the series heading to as well.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So have any of you guys read the manga Yesterday wo Utatte? I don't know much about it, but I started reading it recently and I like it a lot. I also drew this sketch of Haru on her scooter (it's like the first non-lewd thing I've drawn in ages).

He's definitely a good adversary, that's for sure. He's kept the manga interesting from his first appearance. I also respect the fact he's been deliberate and patient, remaining a sinister force in the background just waiting to pounce. He waited too long though.

yeah he did indeed wait to long.... he assumed that Sai would be a average King but man was the dude wrong

his pride will be his downfall... I can't wait to see Ryo lose his cool

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Iron Maiden END

That must have been the most uncomfortable deflowering in the universe, and that's saying something.

Lain

So have any of you guys read the manga Yesterday wo Utatte? I don't know much about it, but I started reading it recently and I like it a lot. I also drew this sketch of Haru on her scooter (it's like the first non-lewd thing I've drawn in ages).

Yeah, and I'm still waiting on the ass-hats that licensed it over here to release volume 4.... those sad pieces of shit.
It's great, just as your sketch. Where was it again that someone could get to see your awesome drawings, btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom