• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shokugeki no Souma 103
Well that ended. After thinking really hard to say about this chapter, well....

Let's wait until the next one. Then only we can see what the characters are going to do and where the author is going to take this story to.

Nordicus

Am I seriously the only one that dislikes this manga?

It's worse than Nisekoi.
You probably are. The series is comedy first, romance second, which is a good thing because the comedy is actually funny. Just a bit more drama and a more convoluted love chart and we'd have School Rumble #2 right here

Shokugeki no Soma 103

I can't believe people are upset about Akira taking this. Mind you, I'm not saying I'm 100% ok with it, I just felt like they were setting this up with both the abrupt ending of last chapter and the whole "cook for people you care for" angle that was slowly getting played up through the last portion of the top 8.

The problem he's just a fucking asshole for shits and giggles, dude could have kept the "cook for the people u care for" aspect and still be a bit overconfident in his ability. Still better than letting other Soma win so hey

Also he could have been fucking worfed but the author has decided to keep that bullet for now.

Mortemis

Banned
Akame ga Kill 56

Man, can't believe I'm saying this but this shit is tame. After going through the series and all the twist and turns, this manga is just flat out boring now. I'm too used to horrific deaths, "comas" or whatever just bore me. At least mine isn't taking panel space anymore.

Soma 103

Soma actually lost? Lol, I can't say I care for Hayama but I'm cool with Soma losing. This manga is over due for a going to the mountain training arc anyways.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Am I seriously the only one that dislikes this manga?

It's worse than Nisekoi.

What the.....................

Nisekoi can learn a thing or two from it about how to actually being zany/funny without looking like a failure comedian in front of an audience that laugh only because of pity.

Also, it's not really that surprising to see Soma lose. It's for the "best guy" seat after all, and to make him sit there is too early right now. It should only be reserved for end-manga material--him winning over everyone, I mean.

Hahah, sweet! Yea she does look better when you fill in the dark areas for her hair and outfit.

great to hear. It's my third attempt at colouring, so that's good.
Kinda annoying to see that I was not able to rub off some shading. I guess that's what happens when you are doing it on a phone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(for no real reason).

Talented, rough childhood, no real parental figures since Shiomi is just a scientist, probably has a rough time making friends, ultimately no grounding influences. I know someone who fits the bill.

I mean, people are arrogant for a variety of reasons, and some are just born arrogant, I don't see why Akira is particularly more offensive than anyone else. The more reasonable complaint is that all of Soma's rivals/antagonists are hella arrogant up until the point he "beats" them, then they become tsundere, like Meat, Copy Guy, Italian Guy, French Senpai, etc. But this is shounen and these dynamics just come with the territory.

Kurita

Kawatani Enon from indigo la End/Gesu no Kiwami Otome by Asano Inio in the next Rockin'on Japan hnnnnnngh
ilBO9Y2bGtWlE.JPG

Zweizer

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma ch103

Well, I guess at least it means that Soma won't have to waste his time with Erina for now.

Love Me! (One-shot) by Takemiya Jin

Cute short yuri comedy centered around two girls-loving students.

Erina is going to end up in the harem before that happens. Belee dat
Nah Erina is going to still end up on the sidelines.... The author wouldn't want Soma's end game to be mingled with people who are jealous of her
Alice's mama takes him, Dark Soma, Alice and Meat (Because Meat will always be by Soma's side) on a training abroad trip to Europe!

Meat ain't going nowhere..... no Fodder for this road trip

at least Megumi can contribute with something with her skill

Pfft, Soma's going to join the Underground Cooking Society and become a villain, so that Hayama can complete his take-over of the series and rename it Shokugeki no Akira.

Akame ga kill

Fuck this stupid shit. Ugh. Mine killed Budo? This is worse than the anime ending. Killed by feelings. This is Fairy Tail level of horrible. Fucking Mine did not even die. And Esdeath got taken out with a punch :(

Fairy Tail

Best chapter in years.

Haly

I think the part I like most about the Akira-Jun dynamic is back in the curry battle when the curryqueen tried to seduce him into working for her, at which point he turned her down saying he "fights for Jun". At the time it seemed like he was just a loyal employee but once Jun's maternal/savior role was revealed, his words take on a much deeper meaning.

He lives his life trying to validate Jun's kindness, and that is what fuels his cooking. It's a very beautiful, if sad, relationship.

Also he has an Oedipus complex, I think.

Haly

Deku's head is also so round.

Roooooooooooooound.

Azure J

Akame Ga Kill 56

I don't know why I never thought that Mine's Hax Beam™ would ever have a downside. It just always seemed like the ultimate "get out of gory murder scene free" card and I never expected to see it receive a nerf.

That said, Night Raid's numbers look awful right now. Budo also dying was just a huge "really" as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom