• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Love/Death 3
lovedeath3.jpg

purest form of love

Zweizer

Banned
Baka ga Zenra de Yatte Kuru by Iruma Hitoma & Ida Hiroto

A young wannabe novelist struggling to enter the professional world encounters one day a self-confessed nudist idiot. Will he be able to overcome his lack of talent as a writer with the help of this with the help of this shameless man, and one day reach the same world of his object of admiration, the genius novelist who happens to be his college classmate?

The manga is pretty interesting in how it depicts (aspiring) novelists, and the various doubts, fears and hurdles they experience. The rather confusing ending kind of brings it down, but overall it's not a bad read.

Usobuko

Banned
The 5 manga right at the top of this page are all good. Some better than the rest but none of them is a bad read and a waste of time.

Oh and cuvie is the best among her peers!

How was Nisekoi in the first couple dozens of chapters?

You haven't read this? It doesn't go anyway, it was just establishing the harem by introducing new girls.

Azure J

I don't even remember that revelation.

I don't blame you. I was just re-reading the series recently. It was during the battle he and Soma had before the autumn election arc began proper.

Armed Girl's Machiavellism 1

21010298vaavr.jpg

Men are beasts. So it's totally reasonable for girls to be allowed to bring weapons to school to defend themselves. And it's totally reasonable for them to form a vigilante group to keep male troublemakers under control. And it's totally reasonable for them to do this by forcing them to dress and act like girls. Yep.

Anyway, there was fighting and swords and fighting with swords. And a bear. And that chick at the end who's clearly going to be batshit. Probably more entertaining than it should've been.

I feel pretty bad for liking this one. It also feels like it's trying to channel Medaka Box's absurdity (and over emphasis on everything ever; hell at one point the main character busts out some Zenkichi-fu).

Me and the Devil Blues v1-4 by Akira Hiramoto

United States of America, 1930s. A period of turbulences. One particular night, RJ, a poor but happy black man, gets seduced by the blues. Alas, having never played any music before in his life, his attempts at becoming a bluesman fail miserably. There are rumors however, that if one were to sell one' soul to the devil, one could become an unparalleled bluesman...

But what are the blues really? Will his struggle for survival in a hostile and racist era, while being dragged by a gangster, lead to the answer he seeks?

I've been meaning to check this one out.

Zweizer

Banned
You haven't read this? It doesn't go anyway, it was just establishing the harem by introducing new girls.

I mean, compared to Jitsu wa Watashi wa in general: humor, story progression,...

(Yeah, I have yet to read it. I entertained the thought, mainly because it's by the author of Double Arts, but the various impressions around here painted it as a waste of time, so I never bothered with it)

I've been meaning to check this one out.

It's a pretty unique manga. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did~

Usobuko

Banned
I mean, compared to Jitsu wa Watashi wa in general: humor, story progression,...

(Yeah, I have yet to read it. I entertained the thought, mainly because it's by the author of Double Arts, but the various impressions around here painted it as a waste of time, so I never bothered with it)

I see. Polar opposite in our circumstances, I haven't read Jitsu wa Watashi wa.

Legal Drug Vol.01-03

Did a reread of this series in anticipation of starting the 'sequel'.

Still pretty amusing tale of two guys (who are totally probably not going to be attracted to each other in the end) taking on supernatural cases.

The cases are pretty interesting and it has a nice case of the week feeling even though there's some overlaying backstory or something.

Revo

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo 19 (end)

Woo harem end! I wouldn't have minded this series to continue to this ending as long as the harem was fully confirmed. I wouldn't have liked a series that ended with a single romance with the shinigami (which was a distinct possibility due to the 2nd to last chapter).

Overall was alright. Due to the 2chapter ending I probably wouldn't out of the gate recommend it to anyone but if you're fine with it being a shortened series then go for it.

The Seven Deadly Sins

Gowther dun fucked up. When Meliodas shows up to inevitably bail out Elizabeth and Diane he's gonna get his ass beat all across the kingdom. And that's if Merlin decides not to get involved because I have the feeling she's mega OP.

But seriously Elizabeth, how dense can you possibly be.

Revo

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 37

I believe in the suffering! After all this hope this chapter wants to present the suffering will be even better!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Question, I'm assuming everyone has read/watched most of the Fate series (obviously the one from ufotable). I don't know if I have an problem or not but I feel like I have a bit of synesthesia. When Gilgamesh would see people in despair, he would enjoy it with a glass of wine, so would the priest eventually and join him in it. I wouldn't say that I enjoy watching despair, even though sometimes its really good cause it promotes character growth, but for some odd reason I feel like Gilgamesh when I see something to that emotional level that forces development out of a character, I feel like it has an awesome flavor, don't know what the flavor is but it feels tantalizing. Its almost as if I indulge off of someone else's situation, whether it be good or bad. There's something wrong with me isn't there? ;_;

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Question, I'm assuming everyone has read/watched most of the Fate series (obviously the one from ufotable). I don't know if I have an problem or not but I feel like I have a bit of synesthesia. When Gilgamesh would see people in despair, he would enjoy it with a glass of wine, so would the priest eventually and join him in it. I wouldn't say that I enjoy watching despair, even though sometimes its really good cause it promotes character growth, but for some odd reason I feel like Gilgamesh when I see something to that emotional level that forces development out of a character, I feel like it has an awesome flavor, don't know what the flavor is but it feels tantalizing. Its almost as if I indulge off of someone else's situation, whether it be good or bad. There's something wrong with me isn't there? ;_;

I could tell you the answer if I had any clue what you are saying.

They're just characters in a manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom