• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that Budo was killed by some blast of feelings. I was hoping Budo would win. Why can't lightning users win a damn fight?
Lightning is the best elemental power

Because if Budo and his angry lightning powers won, then everyone in NR would be dead.

And then the author would be forced to actually focus on the interesting characters.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku ni Koisuru Mechanical end
Well, it's AXED ending alright. Oh well, at least the MC manage to knocked up the heroine, ManGAF favorite ending, babies ever after

Jarmel

Banned
Taboo Tattoo-1-33
561226-tabootattoo_v_4.jpg
So I was somewhat bored and decided to burn through this as I was curious due to the anime coming up. I'm somewhat mixed on the manga as it feels too whacky at times due to the characters not really acting like soldiers and the main character was a white knight to the core. Well was anyway. So at times there is a strong tonal disconnect and things don't feel as serious as they should be. There was also some unnecessary ecchi stuff early on that really doesn't fit and it seems the mangaka knew as well as he started to cut that shit out.

The manga really picks up around chapter 20 something with the
death of his childhood friend and also his mentor.
After which the MC pretty much hardens up and becomes ice cold to the point where even the loli soldier partner (future romance I guess) is starting to get scared of him. I guess that's what happens when you
are responsible for your friend getting killed, you kill your master (not to mention getting implanted with your master's memories and combat experience), and train with the JDSF for a year
. It's clear that all fucks are gone from him. In a way it reminds me of Fate/Zero and Kiri, which is fitting considering the mangaka worked on the F/Z manga version.

So it's a slow and somewhat painful start as it's clear the first twenty or so chapters are really the prologue (or Act 1) and it's only when the manga is in Act 2 does it get interesting at all. There's also a shitload of jargon in how the powers actually work, and I still don't have a full idea of everything in regards to the tattoo system. The artwork itself isn't really that notable either.

I'm curious which studio will do this as I can see it morphing into something fairly good if Ufotable or BONES does the adaptation as they would probably reduce the ecchi and maximize the action. I can see people howling though as there will probably be like 13 episodes of the main character being all about 'mah justice' before he's all about 'I'm going to kill the bitch'.

Akame ga Kill! 56

What I want to know is how in the fuck Najenda and Leone survived this. And was Esdeath really taken out of commission by a gut punch so badly that she couldn't even stop them from fleeing?

That poison really didn't do a whole lot.

Taboo Tattoo-1-33

So it's a slow and somewhat painful start as it's clear the first twenty or so chapters are really the prologue (or Act 1) and it's only when the manga is in Act 2 does it get interesting at all. There's also a shitload of jargon in how the powers actually work, and I still don't have a full idea of everything in regards to the tattoo system. The artwork itself isn't really that notable either.

Has the mangaka given you any reason to believe that he'll abide by the rules he puts in place? Otherwise i usually don't even bother registering them.

When does Act 2 start, btw? From your description i feel inclined to skip act 1 entirely.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Akame Ga Kill 56
Mine survive, just to be put in a coma. End game is near now that they about to attack the imperial. Tatsumi mark seem to be a bad news. Probably going to kill him (lol)

Jarmel

Banned
Has the mangaka given you any reason to believe that he'll abide by the rules he puts in place? Otherwise i usually don't even bother registering them.

When does Act 2 start, btw? From your description i feel inclined to skip act 1 entirely.

I see no reason why he would break his own rules, but then again so much of it felt like jargon that I would have to reread it.

Arc 2 starts around chapter 24. So really only 24-33 of Arc 2 has been translated, which sucks shit as there are 50 raw chapters out there.

Furyous

Taboo Tattoo

Don't forget about princess Yuri, if you know what I mean. *rimshot* This manga is violent and weird at the same time. It's uncomfortable violence that really drives home the point that shit keeps getting real.

Shieldbro

Is there anyway the mod who spoiled chapter 56 at least a week before it released reveal where he reads this manga? Let me know so I can read ahead.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Taboo Tattoo-1-33

So I was somewhat bored and decided to burn through this as I was curious due to the anime coming up. I'm somewhat mixed on the manga as it feels too whacky at times due to the characters not really acting like soldiers and the main character was a white knight to the core. Well was anyway. So at times there is a strong tonal disconnect and things don't feel as serious as they should be. There was also some unnecessary ecchi stuff early on that really doesn't fit and it seems the mangaka knew as well as he started to cut that shit out.

The manga really picks up around chapter 20 something with the
death of his childhood friend and also his mentor.
After which the MC pretty much hardens up and becomes ice cold to the point where even the loli soldier partner (future romance I guess) is starting to get scared of him. I guess that's what happens when you
are responsible for your friend getting killed, you kill your master (not to mention getting implanted with your master's memories and combat experience), and train with the JDSF for a year
. It's clear that all fucks are gone from him. In a way it reminds me of Fate/Zero and Kiri, which is fitting considering the mangaka worked on the F/Z manga version.

I'm curious which studio will do this as I can see it morphing into something fairly good if Ufotable or BONES does the adaptation as they would probably reduce the ecchi and maximize the action. I can see people howling though as there will probably be like 13 episodes of the main character being all about 'mah justice' before he's all about 'I'm going to kill the bitch'.

There's an anime?

Genji the Deaths Friend 39

Wow the twists keep coming, Im glad the killer is neither but is actually the mom. Though that has to be some pretty powerful asphalt scent to make people go into a killing move.

The Fifth Hour of War - Home, Sweet Home! 07

I'm sort of glad they're not going along with the obvious death flags laid out previously.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Drei! 26

This arc is really showing off the "what if X fought Y" potential of this franchise.

Akame ga Kill 56

This is hilarious because it fucked with my expectations over two mediums.

The anime got to the point where Mine shot Budo the first time when that was the last chapter released. Like any sane person with some knowledge of power levels in shounen manga, I had assumed Mine just got in a lucky shot and the guy was barely hurt at all. The anime of course didn't go that route, instead killing off Budo then and there, making me think "well that was underwhelming, hope the manga didn't do that".

So the next chapter is released and Budo is back without a scratch on him, which of course led me to the thought "hah, I called it! No way someone like Mine could take out someone on the level of Esdeath!"

And now this chapter happens and it pretty much gives the finger to everyone that thought the conclusion of that little skirmish in the anime was stupid.

It's an AMAZING troll.

dani_dc

Good Ending 1-42

Oh God, why aren't they dating yet?
Why is she trying to set him up with other girls?
Why don't they just date?!

I'm actually getting angry here, I do not understand why they aren't dating and why there's an harem being created instead.

Just start dating already!

Haha, you and I think alike.
No one seems to have opinions on it, so I might just jump the gun myself.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Soma 103

Well duh of course he loses since Soma has yet to listen to his father's sagely "cook for the woman you love" thing. Now, the question is, who will be that woman? Dum-dum-dum-dum-dum.

Vinland Saga 109-112

Just give it up man, you can't beat history. Gudrid is destined to become Thorfinn's wife after all.

AKB49 175

One of the best girl characters in manga nowadays is not a girl at all, heh.

Lain

BTOOOM! Volume 14
J3mb.jpg

This volume was blood pumping from start to end. Lady Kaguya... I'm not sure what to think of this kid. Is she really a fraud? I don't get that feeling and her demeanor also helps reinforce my feeling, though I guess next volumes will shed more light.
Took long, but Torio got what he deserved.
I'm quite preoccupied for Himiko though thanks to the short preview at the end of the volume. Hopefully nothing bad happens to her. Sakamoto better haul ass to get back with her anyways.

kasane

Anyways if soma doesnt leave the skill on his own expedition to find his cooking style then its shit

You hear me shiiiiiiiiiiit

dani_dc

Good Ending 50

Now the ex boyfriend will start being involved in the story. Of course.
And they still aren't dating.

I have no idea why I'm binge reading this at this point, I think it's cause I have this glimmer of hope/delusion that something might happen, it's been nothing but teasing for the past 35 chapters.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Soma 103
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Crunched.

Soma 103

Aww at Spice Guy been taken care of by Prof Spice and overly loving her as a Mother

Anyway I guess Soma needs to find some hidden talent that he specializes in.... Even though using cheap common ideas was his speciality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom