• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Someone in the know, please tell me, I don't care for spoilers, please tell me that Rin in Kono S o, Mi yo! will be together with the woman that he loves in the end.

Reading this is such a gut-wrenching experience :((

Welcome to my world.

It's a train-wreck that really hard to ignore, you haven't reach the climax yet!

Indeed.

At 61 now it just pushes shit further and further.

Plus his annoying accomplice? nope not anymore.

I wonder how much can the author push this thing because holy crap they need every single God combined :O

The prime Minister is a fucking boss though LOL

Shingeki no Kyojin 62

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=273&chapter_num=62.00

Yeah the reader is pretty bad.

So turbulent times are ahead of them, people had stability of government for so much time that a coup d'etat leaves them utterly confused. There are also some doubts in Erwin, as he doesn't really know for sure if he made the right choice: it's true that the royalty has some dark secrets, but maybe they survived the last 100 years thanks to them and they didn't know because it was part of the secret. It also seems the coup worked thanks to pettiness and noble's attitude caused a long standing resentment, which is understandable.

Frieda= female's Eren aka mysterious girl?

It's clear there were no bandits, but someone transformed in a titan and destroyed the chapel in the process.

Is that... Historia transformed in a Titan?
And she is fighting with another Titan. From Eren's perspective is like his father! O_O
He was a shifter, he killed the Reiss family or fought with them for some reason, injected the serum to his child, but then that provoked a sudden transformation and Eren devoured his own father, so that's why he has these memories.
I was thinking already if maybe Eren had eaten someone and that's why he was a shifter since some chapter ago, but I didn't imagine it was his father the doctor!

I'm worried Historia has changed sides, even if what happened wasn't really what we thought.

Well, damn. The pace is as good as ever. Compare this with other seinen like Vagabond, Berserk or Vinland saga and it happens so much more stuff in a chapter.

Oh, and there is a nice OT here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537561

Just saying, a spoiler like that should have been tagged out of common courtesy is all.

I agree, the current practice of "spoilers aren't needed the minute something is translated" is stupid. It makes people not being able to enter to the thread if they aren't up to par with all the series he follows. Did you plan not to read it until a few days later? You are fucked then! You wanted to read the last chapter but you didn't have time thanks to work? You are fucked then!

wonzo

Banned
theres few things more narcissistic and self-centered than spoiler whining and i'm glad the thread rules don't cater to the peeps that think the world should revolve around them at all times to the inconvenience of others

Soma

Someone in the know, please tell me, I don't care for spoilers, please tell me that Rin in Kono S o, Mi yo! will be together with the woman that he loves in the end.

Short answer:
Yes.

Slightly longer answer:
Yes but with preeeeeetty big repercussions.

More info here.

theres few things more narcissistic and self-centered than spoiler whining and i'm glad the thread rules don't cater to the peeps that think the world should revolve around them at all times to the inconvenience of others

Isn't that... narcissistic and self-centered?

It's almost like believing the world should revolve around them at all times to the much greater inconvenience of others.

Usobuko

Banned
Just in case though, please spoiler tag Rin in Kono S o, Mi yo! if anyone of you are going to reveal what's ahead of Eng release.

Thank you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, as long as you tag the title I find that I can generally skip over the spoiler stuff easily.

Unspoilered discussion is why liked this thread initially actually.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nope! Some other bet maybe, somewhere down the line.

Like a waifu shokugeki.

BTW, additional rule. If you're currently serving out a bet, I ask you to tack on the sentence from this bet either in front of or behind your current sentence(s). Since it's only one week, there shouldn't be much of a problem doing it first before returning to your previous bet. Also it's more funny if everyone changes their avatar at the same time.

i'm betting Evil Soma to win.

Jesus Christ. Author of Mx0 going all out now that his series is digital only. Literally colour pages of uncensored tits.

No direct links to the pictures, but you can read it here (pages 2~4). First page is SFW.
http://plus.shonenjump.com/client_i....html?tw=1&lin=1&cid=SHSA_JP01PLUS00000149_57

Sweatingheavily.jpg

i want to know too.

and sakuranbo syndrome too.

SPOILER WARNING

He did, but since the girl have a mindbreak, he need to keep the curse intact to ensure the girl didn't do anything stupid. So, they still together, but they can't fuck

Edit: Beaten by NEOSOMA

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Short answer:
Yes.

Slightly longer answer:
Yes but with preeeeeetty big repercussions.

More info here.

He did, but since the girl have a mindbreak, he need to keep the curse intact to ensure the girl didn't do anything stupid. So, they still together, but they can't fuck

Edit: Beaten by NEOSOMA

...............................What the fuck.

No, seriously, what the fuck.

................................................................That is just needlessly cruel to both of them, isn't it. What the fuck.

Good grief. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck.

Does the author aiming for the The Cruelest Author award or something? :/

I dunno, as long as you tag the title I find that I can generally skip over the spoiler stuff easily.

Unspoilered discussion is why liked this thread initially actually.

I never know if a post is going to have general impressions of the manga, maybe if that chapter was good or bad, or actually spoily plot discussion.

wonzo

Banned
Isn't that... narcissistic and self-centered?

It's almost like believing the world should revolve around them at all times to the much greater inconvenience of others.
why should people jump through hurdles to discuss things when someone's too lazy to catch up on whatever it is? if someone cares about spoilers (which they shouldnt because its dumb) so much then they should avoid the internet until they've read/watched/played whatever it is they're so obsessed about

why should people jump through hurdles to discuss things when someone's too lazy to catch up on whatever it is? if someone cares about spoilers (which they shouldnt because its dumb) so much then they should avoid the internet until they've read/watched/played whatever it is they're so obsessed about

Because doing one click isn't exactly a big hurdle, because sometimes it isn't laziness but organization and there is no obligation to read everything the moment it releases, because not wanting to not be spoiled on a big twist isn't dumb, because spoilers tags are easy to do, because this is a general thread about all things manga and not a specific thread for a series where people discuss it as it releases, because sometimes you can be spoiled of a series that you aren't reading but you planned to read sometime, because saying they should just avoid the Internet if they care for spoilers is a big false dichotomy. You can enter on Internet and discuss something without being spoiled. It just need education and common sense.

But I see you are pretty narcissistic about this and only care for your own convenience.

Antiwhippy

Eh, honestly though this thread has an unofficial(?) "spoilers allowed for any currently released english releases" rule so it can be easily avoided until you've catched up on what you don't want to be spoiled on.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Come on folks. It's a considerate and *polite* thing to do to spoiler stuff, especially if they're new. It's not a *must*, but is it really that hard to be considerate to other people?

That said, however, the manga threads have always had a rule about spoilers from way back when, so those of you who are *forcing* other people to always spoiler tagging stuff are also being selfish.

My take is this: be considerate to other people whenever possible, but do *not* complain if others are not as careful as you are regarding spoilers in the thread, because that's just the way it is in MangaGAF, always have.

wonzo

Banned
Because doing one click isn't exactly a big hurdle,

Having every post look like a redacted FBI document is a hurdle to discussion which undermines the entire point of posting on a furm in the first place.

because this is a general thread about all things manga and not a specific thread for a series where people discuss it as it releases

Hence why titles are in bold.

You can enter on Internet and discuss something without being spoiled. It just need education and common sense.

Yeah by partaking in said thing beforehand.

But I see you are pretty narcissistic about this and only care for your own convenience.

lol okay baby

dumbyugi

I have no real problem with the way this thread handles spoilers. That said if it's a big enough spoiler I would still probably spoiler tag it. Like I don't read Attack on Titan but even I know that
Eren eating his father
is a pretty big spoiler. For something like that I'd at least give it a day or 2 for people who don't live & breath manga to read it, at least if it's something a lot of people are reading.

Reknoc

Eh, honestly though this thread has an unofficial(?) "spoilers allowed for any currently released english releases" rule so it can be easily avoided until you've catched up on what you don't want to be spoiled on.

Well it's in the OP so I'd consider it a rule for the thread

3. Regarding spoilers in this thread.
We will discuss all the manga in one topic with no tags. If you don't want to be spoiled by the chapter as soon as the translation is out, do not come in here. Also, since we are not talking about the anime, you can mention new episodes without tags either since they are always behind or are filler. You should know well enough not to come in here not wanting to be spoiled. Please bold the header of your post as shown in rule 1 to help other posters avoid spoilers.

Again, no spoiler tags for text needed, that is the benefit of coming here.

Caveats:
Leaks do not count as translation or scans. If a translation has not been released yet, spoiler tag any leaks and discussion of the chapter. Leaks should be sourced (a name/location at least, if a link is not possible).

Regarding image spoilers: "Please do not embed major spoiler images, ever."

I think the problem as I say it's that is a general manga thread. If this was a Naruto thread for Naruto readers, it would make a bit more sense to allow spoilers, as they are going to be discussing all day about Naruto's plot and twists and character and whatever.

But in a general thread, you enter and you don't know what people are going to be talking about.

A seinen manga? shonen? shojo? josei?
-Something old, but that you wanted to read someday? What do do you then, risk to read because you want impressions to know if it's really worth reading or not, or don't risk reading because maybe there are big spoilers?
-Something weekly and new?
-Something that just released 14 minutes ago and you didn't even know it was released? Well, if you aren't careful enough and have some bad luck, maybe you read a spoiler before noticing what was happening.

I'm not saying we need strict spoil rules, I don't even use spoiler tags for lots of stuff. There is a difference between small spoilers and big spoilers. Difference between something just released one hour ago and something released 2 weeks ago. Difference between talking about the plot in a slightly general, abstract way and talking about the plot writing exactly the events and all the spoily stuff.
Usually you just need some common sense, education and context.

Well it's in the OP so I'd consider it a rule for the thread
Yeah we know. Now we are discussing how good (or bad) is that rule.

Shengar

Come on folks. It's a considerate and *polite* thing to do to spoiler stuff, especially if they're new. It's not a *must*, but is it really that hard to be considerate to other people?

That said, however, the manga threads have always had a rule about spoilers from way back when, so those of you who are *forcing* other people to always spoiler tagging stuff are also being selfish.

My take is this: be considerate to other people whenever possible, but do *not* complain if others are not as careful as you are regarding spoilers in the thread, because that's just the way it is in MangaGAF, always have.
I share the same voice with Banana here. Yeah there are indeed rules that allow us to post without spoiler when english chapter released, but there are just certain things that should be spoilered because of its, like for example Trafalgar D. Law and SnK recent chapter. The former is important in nature, but since its awesome in value people mostly wouldn't minded it if they got spoiled. The latter however, have shock value, people might get rustled.

EDIT: You might said people shouldn't come here when new chapter is out, but there are people like me who got news on new releases from this thread, and there are also who stumble here casually or irregularly.

Antiwhippy

If it's something that is important and widely read than yeah, probably spoiler it out of consideration for a day or two, but honestly the unfiltered discussion is how I get a lot of my recommendations of mangas that I've not heard about until I read the impressions. Spoiling those kind of impressions would kill a lot of that.

Or just mention the title of whatever you are talking about in bold before going into details? Place chapter numbers or say latest chapter, put it in fucking red, put it in all caps, etc.

if that doesn't catch someone's eye to where they can make the choice to either ignore or continue the rest of the post then..oh well

Zweizer

Banned
Who is going to win next round, Curry Guy or Evil Soma?

Losers wear an avatar of the winning character (must be art from the manga) for one week after the chapter debut. Reply if you want to put your food where your mouth is.

What's going on?
I get the feeling this is what panda the prophet predicted.

As someone who cares about spoilers, so long as you follow the rule properly and bold the series name you’re talking about then I’m fine with the thread policy. Only time it’s ever really bugged me in the 13’ish threads I’ve been around for was when someone posted a single line with a major spoiler without putting the name in bold above it.

46429775_p03wiki.jpg
Everything should just die.

Fuuka 34

I think Seo-sensei's troll with this series is that he's going to play it as a completely straight romance as we get more and more worked up about how Suzuka and Yamato's daughter could be this perfect.

My god, a meta troll? We'll be trolled even if he told us that's what he's doing, since there's always the danger he could change his mind.

this is why Seo-sensei is a god

:bow :bow :bow

Antiwhippy

As someone who cares about spoilers, so long as you follow the rule properly and bold the series name you’re talking about then I’m fine with the thread policy. Only time it’s ever really bugged me in the 13’ish threads I’ve been around for was when someone posted a single line with a major spoiler without putting the name in bold above it.

Redesign or just another character?

Lain

I'm guessing that was me with TWGOK? I still feel sorry about that, though in my defense it was more of a guess since I didn't (and still don't) know who wins and stuff as I'm still reading it myself.

On the topic of spoilers, as long as the title and chapter/volume of whatever it's getting discussed is well marked, the no spoiler tag needed rule is the best part of the thread.

Zweizer

Banned
Dulce Report II: Ep4

Lewdness Meter:

NSFB----------o:Lain

Yukari just can't catch a break.

I hope the next chapter won't take as long to come out.

Lain

Dulce Report II: Ep4

Lewdness Meter:

NSFB----------o:Lain

Yukari just can't catch a break.

I hope the next chapter won't take as long to come out.

Funny, I read that some hours ago and was wondering if I should post about it (also in memory of Hito).
I feel like I should go back and re-read the previous chapters, because I don't remember why the snails are doing all those bad stuff to Yukari.

upandaway

One Piece

This arc just blew up. Seriously holy crap. Loving all of this.

In one panel it looks like Corazon is on fire and he doesn't even care. I'll be surprised if he isn't immortal.

Zweizer

Banned
Funny, I read that some hours ago and was wondering if I should post about it (also in memory of Hito).
I feel like I should go back and re-read the previous chapters, because I don't remember why the snails are doing all those bad stuff to Yukari.

Yeah it's been quite a while since the last chapter. I forgot some of the details as well.

Maybe we should do a Dulce Report reading club!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's hilarious every few months someone comes along to complain about the spoilers rules.

They're not changing, deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom