• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm always reluctant to give the index series more than the shot I gave (3 episodes or so of the first season?) because jesus christ I absolutely loathe index as a character.

I'm always reluctant to give the index series more than the shot I gave (3 episodes or so of the first season?) because jesus christ I absolutely loathe index as a character.

Index is hardly in some of the arcs afterwards , yeah you still see her but most time they got so many other characters doing stuff .

dumbyugi

Index doesn't do a whole lot. In fact during the big arc for the first season of the anime, the sisters arc, she doesn't really do anything besides naming a cat.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Index is hardly in some of the arcs afterwards , yeah you still see her but most time they got so many other characters doing stuff .

Yeah, I've been told that, so I'll probably give it another shot one of these days, but jesus christ those episodes with her were so annoying.

upandaway

Shingeki no Kyojin

Whoa okay. Whoa. That.... was a lot of answers. Hell I think this chapter explained most of the series, with some healthy assumptions. Tons of stuff.

KingJ2002

Naruto: Decent chapter. I imagine the fighting to be amazing in the anime... but in the manga it's what I expected... fight to talk-no-jutsu.

Bleach: Nice to see the royal guard aren't pushovers but a fake palace? reminds me of the fake Karakura town... which was also used as a cage to trap the enemy from advancing further.

Quincy arc =/= Arrancar Arc

upandaway

Soma

Just about what you'd expect from that match's ending I guess. Not sure how I feel about all those cooks resenting Mimasaka when they're the ones at fault for betting their deceased parents' mementos out of anger, but hey.
Strangely not too hype about this next match, I'll be surprised if Hayama loses.

Baby Steps 235

Everything is so exciting right now. It makes me feel happy.

It sounds like Kanda's head isn't really in the game, even if he still looks really determined. I thought this will be the first match where Ei-chan has nothing to exploit but I might be wrong.

Revo

Baby Steps 235

Everything except for the opponent stuff was really exciting and it really makes it feel like waiting through the previous match was worth it. +Nacchan.

On the other hand, this is an opponent with no real value except for being an opponent and the person this guy beat would probably be around the same value. In comparison to other top 4 or top 8 people Kanda just isn't an opponent that is exciting to face against. The most I realistically see him being as the rock that might initially trip Maruo up now that his head might be in the clouds a little bit.

zeromcd73

So a scan with a synopsis for the Naruto THE LAST movie is out, and it is certainly... different than expected.
The moon is acting weird and at this rate will burst and it's shards will fall and kill the planet. How will Naruto save the world?

WTF? This isn't Naruto x Hinata happy romance life :(

Shokugeki no Soma 89
BzgfllhCUAAaNla.png

I knew that would have with SoTaku but it was such an intense scene. Their eventual match is going to be the best event in the whole manga, I hope it wont be the final event of the series. I just cant wait.

But looking ahead...time for Kurokiba Ryou to prove he's third best character in the whole manga. Hayama is gonna get Subaru'd badly.

Soma

Just about what you'd expect from that match's ending I guess. Not sure how I feel about all those cooks resenting Mimasaka when they're the ones at fault for betting their deceased parents' mementos out of anger, but hey.
Strangely not too hype about this next match, I'll be surprised if Hayama loses.

I think next match could go either way, Soma already had his match with Hayama, now it's Kurokiba's turn. Soma and Hayama don't need to settle their rivalries in this tournament, there will be time later. a simple example is Aldini, he and Soma never got to have their final battle but the rivalries is still there to string audience along.

same will happen to Hayama. especially after he got his talk with that herb professor. that's like a lose flag for a side character in a shonen manga. :D

dramatis

Yeah we know. Now we are discussing how good (or bad) is that rule.
This discussion comes up every once in a while, but I have generally avoided changing the spoiler rule. Admittedly perhaps a bolded title is not enough to keep people's eyes from moving further down. However, I don't see many ongoing series that are commonly read that people actually care about spoilers for.

In short, if you're particularly unsettled about the rule as relevant to Attack on Titan, and the other posters agree to it, then the thread can try to agree on doing the same for AoT as the thread did for Fullmetal Alchemist.

upandaway

Personally I prefer to tag spoilers when:

- It's a short eyecatching spoiler like "killua kills dumbledore", or I'm replying to someone and it's not immediately obvious about which series it is
- There's a dude clearly catching up and posting about it right above me, it's just being nice
- It's a spoilerish picture, I'd just link it
For all of them it doesn't matter how long ago the chapter was released, could be an hour ago or years ago.

Though I generally just avoid the business outright by being vague, out of instinct usually. If there's like 15 pages talking about the chapter like with One Piece then I won't bother beyond a bold header (which, in the heat of wednesdaygaf, some posters omit too without much problems)

In short, if you're particularly unsettled about the rule as relevant to Attack on Titan, and the other posters agree to it, then the thread can try to agree on doing the same for AoT as the thread did for Fullmetal Alchemist.

I wasn't particularly unsettled, it was another person who was affected by the spoilers not me. It was the hilarious answer of "narcissistic and self-centered" , without any irony of what he was saying, in fact, also narcissistic and self-centered, what made me answer back.

Personally, just common sense about when to put spoiler tags should be used.

upandaway

I think next match could go either way, Soma already had his match with Hayama, now it's Kurokiba's turn. Soma and Hayama don't need to settle their rivalries in this tournament, there will be time later. a simple example is Aldini, he and Soma never got to have their final battle but the rivalries is still there to string audience along.

same will happen to Hayama. especially after he got his talk with that herb professor. that's like a lose flag for a side character in a shonen manga. :D
Dunno, Hayama's been hyped all the way until now. Aldini's rivalry was a running joke until this chapter, and Kurokiba's only reason for still being in the tournament is to solidify him as a powerhouse. He has nothing going on even after a flashback.

Short answer:
Yes.

Slightly longer answer:
Yes but with preeeeeetty big repercussions.

More info here.

i'm betting Evil Soma to win.

Sweatingheavily.jpg

SPOILER WARNING

He did, but since the girl have a mindbreak, he need to keep the curse intact to ensure the girl didn't do anything stupid. So, they still together, but they can't fuck

Edit: Beaten by NEOSOMA

... what the fuck >:l. ultimate ntr sadness.

Suffering 90/90
Yamato and Suzuka finally got together. Of course, Christmas is around the corner and Yamato is fucking oblivion to it.

Other girl then proceeds to hit on Yamato, causing the couple to have a fight. He then spends his Christmas going back to the same theme park again, and finally grow some brain cells.

The couple proceeds to a pokemon battle where yamato first used apologise. Suzuka then use allure, followed by slap which was super effective!

Well, at least i finished it. 64 was really the part were I lost all interest.

dramatis

I wasn't particularly unsettled, it was another person who was affected by the spoilers not me. It was the hilarious answer of "narcissistic and self-centered" , without any irony of what he was saying, in fact, also narcissistic and self-centered, what made me answer back.

Personally, just common sense about when to put spoiler tags should be used.
Common sense is a variable metric. Some people don't like to have to spoiler everything they discuss just because they read the material earlier than others. The requirement of a bolded title is intended to mitigate the need for black bars. If that isn't obvious enough, then there can be an additional warning of sorts that notify skimmers of big spoilers.

scy

Personally, I tag things that are ... well, a big deal in the context of whatever I'm reading. Somebody died? That should probably be tagged just in case. The big plot twist or reveal? Yeah, that's probably a spoiler tag.

Soma 89
Feed me like one of your french girls soma.

Cerberus Overall Thoughts
He was gone too early. He had a bright future where the mc gets beaten up in every fight.
Salute to our brother who got axe early
(T^T)7

Suzuka 61-70

....I don't understand the way these two clowns acts in the last few chapters.This is not the same guy who died two years ago. Just move on ffs. Oh, and Yamato assaults someone once again.

Suzuka 71-80

Plot kinda stale since the mission has been accomplished. One must be an extremely patient man to become her BF. Almost halfway through.

Rhapsody

Banned
Naruto

Not too bad of a chapter.

Bleach

600 chapters already now, it's been quite a long time. I can't really say much about this one though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's going on?
I get the feeling this is what panda the prophet predicted.

DEATH

Who is going to win next round, Curry Guy or Evil Soma?

Losers wear an avatar of the winning character (must be art from the manga) for one week after the chapter debut. Reply if you want to put your food where your mouth is.

Curry Guy:
Moi
Dresden
Antiwhippy

Evil Soma:
Shengar
Envelope
striferser
Surprisingly even when you consider the fact that Curry Guy is guaranteed to win Y'ALL ARE SUCKERS HAHAHAHAHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom