• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
no.5 - taiyou matsumoto - 1

Pretty excited to read something I've yet to read, and it just happens to be from one of the greatest creators of manga alive today. Yay~

It's eccentric as fuck so far. Didn't quite get this page, though - the first few panels make no sense to me, sequentially or otherwise. I guess we start from the bike, then it cuts to a shot of ... the rising moon? Is that the moon that's gleaming over in the second and third panel? What's the cluster in the fourth panel? ????

the first two volumes are from the viz edition whichre flipped

Zweizer

Banned
Kakegurui ch2

Yep, she's best girl all right.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch26

Doesn't really look good for Kagyu.

Akuma no Riddle ch26

Fights were boring so at least it's a somewhat nice change.

Yuri Seijin Naoko-san ch6

P-professionals?

Best To Love Ru ending.

1412620915239hbpzg.png

It's the only one that actually makes me wish there was a spinoff where only Yui wins.

All just for this to actually happen.

Revo

Koe no Katachi 57

Yo still fuck Kawai though.

UQ Holder 54

Man, she has the counter for everything it seems like.

I scoff at the idea at Rito being a permanent girl.

The best scenario would be to have Riko split with him and her be another member of the harem.

Where are those To love ru endings from.

From a guidebook that was recently released.

There's like 10 "What if" endings for the following girls:

Lala
Haruna
Run
Yui
Yami
Mikan
Momo
Nana
Mea
Nemesis

Some are sweet, some are interesting, and some are just plain lewd.

I scoff at the idea at Rito being a permanent girl.

The best scenario would be to have Riko split with him and her be another member of the harem.

From a guidebook that was recently released.

There's like 10 "What if" endings for the following girls:

Some are sweet, some are interesting, and some are just plain lewd.

Where can I find this?

Revo

He'll be too down during the clubhouse search and any taking advantage of the relationship distance will just be in bad taste=instant failure

dani_dc

Koe no Katachi 57

Oh God, so he really grew an Hitler mustache? Did no one tell him that was a bad idea?
I figured it was just a prop.

I didn't think Ueno was particularly nicer, just embarrassed.
Kawaii was the same. Ishida really evolved since the start of the series though, that was nice to see.

Only happiness from here on out, though I hope we still Ueno having issues with Ishida due to her feelings.

Zweizer

Banned
That stache doesn't even look real.
Ueno is nicer comparatively to what transpired the past dozen chapters.

You really think something like that won't happen in a 10+ harem?

I can easily something developing between Lala and Haruna while they wait their turn.

Wouldn't it better if the yuri density was higher? Ergo, Rito should stay as a girl.

dani_dc

That stache doesn't even look real.
Ueno is nicer comparatively to what transpired the past dozen chapters.

I think she's being nicer due to circumstances, I doubt she changed too much.
Plus they're probably blackmailing her about the whole keeping others from visiting him and abusing him while he slept (if they know that anyway).

A Silent Voice 57

The story never stops progressing in this manga. Amazing. Love it so.

Whatever the latest Fuuka chapter is

Boring. There is practically no over-hanging drama at the moment. Already tired of the music gimmick.

You really think something like that won't happen in a 10+ harem?

I can easily something developing between Lala and Haruna while they wait their turn.

The guidebook?

Gotta buy it. Translation never.

The endings?

I can PM them to you if you want.

Eh.

Nana does nothing for me.

PM me plz.

Zweizer

Banned
I think she's being nicer due to circumstances, I doubt she changed too much.
Plus they're probably blackmailing her about the whole keeping others from visiting him and abusing him while he slept (if they know that anyway).

Well, yeah, she's still rather crazy, but she seems to have calmed down, which means they now can try and discuss with her about her issues.
I must admit I hadn't thought about a possible blackmail. I guess if it really happened Kawai would do such things.

No.

Besides, we can't have "The Beast" disappearing.

Futanari is ok too.

Koe no Katachi seems like an interesting read, but from reading some of y'all's impressions of this series. It makes me believe I won't be able to handle all of the suffering it contains.

Usobuko

Banned
Koe no Katachi seems like an interesting read, but from reading some of y'all's impressions of this series. It makes me believe I won't be able to handle all of the suffering it contains.

I think it's exaggerated, it's can be quite light-hearted too.

All in all, at this point, more similar to a feel good series. Just some rough patches to iron out.

Quixzlizx

Suzuka 91-120

Well, the first 15 chapters went relatively OK by Suzuka standards, except for Suzuka telling everyone but him that she was going to be leaving for a year. I'd be pretty pissed in that situation, too. But otherwise, she seemed to have calmed down somewhat and was acting like a "normal" girlfriend with managable levels of Suzuka crabbiness. I also like Yuuka more with this look, and the chapters featuring her were cute. She can also be an object lesson for Yamato for what happens when you're too into someone.

Then... holy shit. Somehow Seo-sensei managed to create a believable relationship downward spiral. It's kind of funny how he decided to swtich to totally insane plot twists combined with totally irrational and unbelievable decisions in KNIM, considering these chapters are proof that he knows how to portray a miserable person intentionally tanking a relationship without any crazy curveballs required. Then again, this was just depressing, while KNIM was full of delectable rage-inducing trolls, so I guess he does know what he's doing.

I mean, yeah, it was shitty of Yamato to forget Suzuka's birthday, but fuck her. He's so much better off without her, and it's really pissing me off that the ending is set in stone. Other than the post-breakup depression, you can see Yamato already (slowly) improving as a person as the Suzuka toxins in his system slowly drain away. At least he finally realized that his obsession with her caused him to be left with nothing once she was gone.

Yui, you swung for the fences, and you struck out. I like you a lot, but trying to jump a guy that's currently in the breakup trauma stage is playing with fire. At best, you're a rebound, and at worst you get horribly stonewalled like you did. It sucks, because I enjoyed the chapters with the two of them working together, and they really seemed to enjoy each other's company, which meant there was no way there'd ever be anything romantic between them in Seo-sensei's twisted universe. RIP #teamYui.

It's annoying how Honoka-chan has managed to conveniently reenter the story right after the breakup. At least now it doesn't seem like she's too thirsty for her own good, so maybe their interactions will be less cringeworthy. I really hope they don't get back together in the next 10 chapters, and I really really hope Honoka won't be pining for him in the next 10 chapters.

Finally, I have to give my customary shoutout to goddess Miki. Oh lawd, that Miki special chapter. I think Yamato calling her by her first name is Seo-sensei's way of letting us know that even he knows Miki is best girl. If her being a total bro and showing off her complete mastery of life and hometown in her track uniform each chapter wasn't already enough of a hint.

Nordicus

It's really front-loaded on that though. If you get through the first volume, you've survived the worst of it

Rhapsody

Banned
Koe no Katachi 57

A nice happy chapter. Funny how by the end of this manga, we probably won't see people finding out Kawai's true ugly personality.

You should check it out. There's suffering, but it's not done to just make it solely as a cliffhanger. They're deliberate and make you feel for the characters.

It's done really well.

Koe no Katachi 57

All that's left is for Ishida and Nishimaya to become an adorable couple. And some Ueno rejection, I guess.

Hope this has a satisfying conclusion, because right now it isn't really doing much for me even with Ishida all healed and stuff. :/

dani_dc

Koe no Katachi 57

All that's left is for Ishida and Nishimaya to become an adorable couple. And some Ueno rejection, I guess.

Hope this has a satisfying conclusion, because right now it isn't really doing much for me even with Ishida all healed and stuff. :/
The reason it's not doing much for me is how perfectly everything is going, feels really off considering the manga.

dani_dc

Are you one of the deviants who prefer the one-shot? Short, concise, open and bittersweet.

Like me.
I am indeed, not to say I dislike the serialization, quite the opposite (it gave us lots of Ueno after all), but I thought the one-shot was superior.

Plus it had a lesser focus on Ishida as the main character and instead had more Nishimiya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom