• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

At least I'm not a background character

Maybe I'll get a plot arc of my very own!

You're the man who makes her that she prefers women in an angsty yuri manga.

Nope, I had nothing to do with that! Hell she basically included the info when she introduced herself

Jintor

It's got to be shojo or Josei, there's this big love triangle bullshit going on with some other foreign teachers that I'm trying to stay out of

I think we're just BG characters to that

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Nozaki-kun 53
CJSUe85.jpg
Thats's one way of avoiding a question.

Quasar

Shigatsu wa kimi no uso 18-19 - Competition complete. Ended better than I expected.

Evergreen 17-18 - Well thats a train wreck. Though played better than I'd expect from manga.

Fujiyama-san wa Shishuni 22-23 - continues to be adorable.

Girls of the Wilds 159 - She is definitely the badass of the series.

Jintor

Jintor

work is tiring but my japanese is improving maybe?

I really should have, like, studied japanese while I had all that fucking free time after I graduated. That might've been a good idea

work is tiring but my japanese is improving maybe?

I really should have, like, studied japanese while I had all that fucking free time after I graduated. That might've been a good idea

how do you find the teaching and all that?

it's an option I'm keeping in mind once I finish my degree. Seems like an amazing experience.

Akito

Finally free from that cursed avatar.

I just haven't been reading anything. It's been pretty hectic since I left Japan.

Edit: Oh! I didn't end up having to sell Touch, so I still own the whole series! I still had to get rid of a decent number of volumes of manga to lighten my load, but I still have Oyasumi Punpun, Solanin, Touch, the last couple volumes of Ikigami and Detroit Metal City, Gundam Astray, Shonan Bakusozoku, and my prized possession, the colored Omoide no Marnie volumes that just finished releasing a few days before I left. <3 (I saw the movie twice, went to a museum exhibit for it, and bought an artbook thingy... I kinda liked that movie.)
I also have all of Kino no Tabi, but that's not manga...
Cool, so I can expect those Touch essays anytime soon.
Actually we probably are going for a Touch reading club in a few weeks so you're free to join us.

Zweizer

Banned
Tokyo DTED ch4

Guy just can't catch a break.

Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e ch3

Minotaur was pretty good in his preparedness. I hope Nancy will stop being useless soon however.

Actually we probably are going for a Touch reading club in a few weeks so you're free to join us.

So many reading clubs.

dani_dc

Tokyo DTED 4

"She's an easy girl"
"Actually I no longer thinks she's an easy girl. Now I want us to connect at a deeper level.'

*Goes to love hotel*

Well now he won't be able to get an erection even if he rejects the call (which he should).

Zweizer

Banned
Tis' merely fodder to hold Jump over until the high class Shokugeki no Soma anime announcement next month.

Finally~ &#12541;(´&#12540;&#65344;)&#65417;

Anime ain't that good because it's from Toei :0

One Piece has good rankings and Toriko's are decent (just like the WSJ rankings as well). I think most of the audience doesn't care all that much about the quality of the studio considering they're mostly kids and teenagers.

Usobuko

Banned
Shimauma volume 1
lBfb.jpg

Another one I went in blind and I'm glad I did.
This first volume was a crazy ride of violence, desperation, crimes. A story about surviving in a world where everyone is either a slave or cannon fodder, as Tetsuo uses to say.
The volume mainly gives us a quick look at 3 of what feels as the main characters introduced, Tetsuo, Aka and Zebra. None of them is a good fellow.
Tetsuo is a guy that, together with his companions, is always committing frauds, stealing etc. Despite him not being a good dude, I can't say I don't understand the reasons why he turned up the way the did and despite everything else, I have a certain degree of sympathy for him because of his reasons and thoughts.
Aka seems just out of his fucking mind, a sadistic psychopath that gets erections out of torturing people. Tetsuo is to blame for this in large part though I feel no sympathy for him. Aka is crazy and I don't like him.
Zebra isn't exactly shown. The volume has us see him as he's torturing a guy that, we learn at the end, did unspeakable things to a 5 years old girl. The father of the girl contracted Zebra to pull out this revenge and the revenge is a blowtorch to the dick. Anyways, He's the leader of the contract firm for which Aka works and we learn that he most likely has some connection with Tetsuo, though the volume ends just as all 3 meet up.

While this first volume indulges in a show of gratuitous violence, it never felt out of place given the type of character the story deals with and that violence also works in shaping these characters. Just by their reactions to the violence or the way they used it gave me a better understanding about them. In other words, it was a good read.

Not a lot of people read this, everyone is stuck at chapter 6 since forever. Some of the torture scenes reminds me of Ichi the Killer, they kinda go all out.

You know, if possible, you should read The World Is Mine. They are not that similar but I think it offers a better roller coaster ride and characterization.

Mousou Meets Girl ( One Shot )

I laughed at this part

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tokyo virgin and impotence 4
Don't answer it. Don't answer the phone. Don't answer it. Don't do it. DONT DO IT. Turn off the phone. Reject the call. Just don't do it. Seriously don't do this.

Zweizer

Banned
Mousou Meets Girl (One-shot) by Satou Mito

Alright that was pretty fun. Now, shall we decide which girl is the best?

Pantyhose lady is best girl.

Usobuko

Banned
Mousou Meets Girl (One-shot) by Satou Mito

Alright that was pretty fun. Now, shall we decide which girl is the best?

I came across this oneshot by checking out the author's works Haru no Houtai Shoujo. I am somewhat fond of his art so even if it's a generic romance story with stereotypical characters and forced drama, I would still read it.

Zweizer

Banned
I came across this oneshot by checking out the author's works Haru no Houtai Shoujo. I am somewhat fond of his art so even if it's a generic romance story with stereotypical characters and forced drama, I would still read it.

Is Haru no Houtai Shoujo a generic romance story with stereotypical characters and forced drama? I wanted to check it out as well since as you said the author's artstyle is quite good.

How well do you regard Seo Kouji's art by the way? Maybe you should join us in the Suzuka readalong! You could put Hinamatsuri in the special banner!

Usobuko

Banned
Is Haru no Houtai Shoujo a generic romance story with stereotypical characters and forced drama? I wanted to check it out as well since as you said the author's artstyle is quite good.

How well do you regard Seo Kouji's art by the way? Maybe you should join us in the Suzuka readalong! You could put Hinamatsuri in the special banner!

I meant that as the worst case scenario.

Seo's art is good if you're new to this medium, at least that's what I thought when I first bought Cross Over. With every purchase on new series, you literally have to gamble on the cover page and the short synopsis written at the back of the book. He definitely can't do sports manga, most of the players form look awkward. I will decline on the offer, I read most of his works. In fact the only ones I have not read are the two on-going ones, Princess Lucia & Fuuka.

Edit: As of now, I think his art is fine for most parts. Not something that would get me to read his works but not exactly off-putting either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom