• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
slam-dunk-x-jordan-brand-collection-02.jpg

WANT

slam-dunk-x-jordan-brand-collection-05.jpg

Oh my god that shirt...

Just finished Parasyte and Gantz.
If I wasn't already typing an essay for class, I would be writing a 12-page essay on these.
Holy shit.

Oh and Hentai Kamen is amazing and a disappointment at the same time.
I can't even rate it. lol

bjork

Random question: I know Parasyte made it out completely in volume form, but what about in old Mixx Zine? I remember buying the first 3-4 issues but it got hard to find after that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";134563450]Suzuka 158

This is the moment. This is when Seo Kouji found his calling. The preview of his mastery is at hand. The madness. The disassociation from reality. The true provocation of the reader. An absolute challenge towards our most jaded of minds. A stroke of art that could only be executed with such full, unrelenting confidence as to say, "Let me show you a world frightening and unknown. A world of emotion unfelt by mankind."

Take my hand, Seo Kouji, and we'll take that ride into the abyss together.[/QUOTE]
Slowclap.gif

If Stretch doesn't become Yuri...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I almost think it can be a brilliant move by the author, in other yuri stories the characters are lesbians or teenagers than discover they love another girl in just two or three chapters. Making it a super slow burn after 30 chapters of "just friends" changes the perspective we have from the characters and I suppose there will be another "realistic" lengthy period with the characters struggling with their feelings or asking themselves about their sexuality at this point of their lives.

This is the moment. This is when Seo Kouji found his calling. The preview of his mastery is at hand. The madness. The disassociation from reality. The true provocation of the reader. An absolute challenge towards our most jaded of minds. A stroke of art that could only be executed with such full, unrelenting confidence as to say, "Let me show you a world frightening and unknown. A world of emotion unfelt by mankind."

Take my hand, Seo Kouji, and we'll take that ride into the abyss together.[/QUOTE]

Better written than his mangas :p

Zweizer

Banned
Nickelodeon end
It all come full circle.
I'll miss this T_T

<- changing avatar in honor of Nickelodeon ending

We still have Oddman 11, Ayame & Amane and The Voynich Hotel!

Here's hoping Dowman Sayman will start a new series soon. Why is Suicide Parabellum so slow to have new chapters?

this guy gets it

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
We still have Oddman 11, Ayame & Amane and The Voynich Hotel!

Here's hoping Dowman Sayman will start a new series soon. Why is Suicide Parabellum so slow to have new chapters?

Hmm, yeah, i hope Dowman continue suicide parabellum. :3

Stretch 27

Hmm, reunion chapter, and there's only one strech in this chapter. :<

Bleach
The usual .

Naruto
It awesome seeing how broken these characters have become .
More talking along with some fighting is okay .

One Piece
We get some info about D , it's what people expect there are the enemy of the World Nobles.
Also interesting seeing both Don and the marines had a inside man in each other team .
Along with seeing how law get close to don brother .

bjork

I'm sure he'll be back before the manga ends. one time, at least one more time.

I really really want it to end with the last page or two pulling back to reveal Aizen standing next to Kubo at his drawing table or whatever, saying "when did I ever say this manga had an ending?" and then killing Kubo.

Shengar

Gundam Souei
I know it's late, but better than nothing right?
In my time with Japanese popular culture, I never actually watch a Gundam anime (yes even know pls don't hurt me). What I know Gundam is big mecha franchise because I really like their modpla. Reading Gundam Sousei, I don't know that there are so many hardwork, effort, and suprisingly for me, idealism of the creator involved. Such idealism by Tomino and co. have such big risk, and they almost failed. In the end, it really paysoff and it paved the way for a new age of anime. I guess it's not very far fetched that the success of LoGh in that decade also came from that.

I should watch the original Gundam

And Tomino is amazing

Naruto

I liked the line where Sasuke calls out Naruto for using shadow clones to hide the fact he's lonely, should have happened way earlier in the plot but a cool moment none the less.

Bleach

Going to guess these two end up taking each other out leaving Ichigo to fight Ywach. Okay chapter liked that they got rid of most of the quincy here.

One Piece

Damn what a total bro, going to assume things will get dark/sad real quick

KingJ2002

Naruto: Good chapter. I never really put together that Naruto created shadow clones because he was lonely... which makes sense now seeing that Naruto is still going back to an empty house after all the drama is over. I'm not sure how but i'm certain naruto will be able to convince sasuke to come back... because sasuke's reasoning is dumb as shit.

Bleach: I liked this chapter. Those quincy guys got killed too quickly so i have a feeling they're going to be revived somehow. What that said... a blade so sharp it can't be sheathed and can cut through anything... that's pretty dope.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 47

So progress? right? right? RIGHT!?

Bleach

Heard rumbling about Aizen read it and saw it was fake Z-tier wannabe quincy "Aizen", LAMMMMMMEEEEE

also LOL @ the slang all up in that chapter

Shengar

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated
Trotsky, is that you?
Anyway, as much as this left a quite impression on me (the art is prettym that for sure, I don't think I could add something there), the epilogue is pretty abrupt as I couldn't get a clear picture of what was going on (maybe I should sleep now). In the end I think this isn't just a manga about supernatural being that is tengu, but also existentialism with so much hint lead to that here and there.
EDIT:How the hell I could confuse Trotsky with Tolstoy? I reallu need a sleep.

Bleach 601

Yo this chapter might not be nice bro

but you know can't hate what ain't there for you mofos

aight?!?!...... am I doing this right?

<3 No one here is a mofo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom